How would Super Saiyan 3 have turned the tables?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How would Super Saiyan 3 have turned the tables?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:18 pm

1) How would Super Saiyan 3 have helped Goku if he had transformed into the form during his rematch with Beerus instead of with just his Super Saiyan state?

2) In the case of Gohan, would him awakening Super Saiyan 3 as a result of his rage over Piccolo's murder, and being able to maintain the form's full power for 2 hrs, have been enough to deal with First Form Frieza?

3) In the Copy-Vegeta Saga, would Trunks transforming into a Super Saiyan 3 against Gryll and his posse, have stopped the Commeson from being released?

4) During Goku Black's genocide of Gods and mortals, would Future Trunks mastering Super Saiyan 3, like he had done with his Super Saiyan 2, have been enough to kill Goku Black during their very first encounter?

5) Changing the time to prepare for the Zeno Exhibition Matches to a week, would Goten have done better than Gohan against Lavender, were he to have prepared for the match by training under Goku and Piccolo inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the entire week, then using Super Saiyan 3 from the start against the unconditionally sociopathic Venomous Lavender?

sintzu
Banned

Re: How would Super Saiyan 3 have turned the tables?

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) How would Super Saiyan 3 have helped Goku if he had transformed into the form during his rematch with Beerus instead of with just his Super Saiyan state?

2) In the case of Gohan, would him awakening Super Saiyan 3 as a result of his rage over Piccolo's murder, and being able to maintain the form's full power for 2 hrs, have been enough to deal with First Form Frieza?

4) During Goku Black's genocide of Gods and mortals, would Future Trunks mastering Super Saiyan 3, like he had done with his Super Saiyan 2, have been enough to kill Goku Black during their very first encounter?

5) Changing the time to prepare for the Zeno Exhibition Matches to a week, would Goten have done better than Gohan against Lavender, were he to have prepared for the match by training under Goku and Piccolo inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the entire week, then using Super Saiyan 3 from the start against the unconditionally sociopathic Venomous Lavender?
1- Goku didn't even know he dropped out of SsjG to base then to Ssj so I doubt anything would've been different.

2- They had Gohan criminally weak that I don't think anything would've helped him. He should've had his Mystic form and he should've been able to beat 2nd form Freeza which would force him into his 4th form to take him down.

4- If he fought him right away possibly.

5- Goten at such a young age with Ssj3 ? that wouldn't make sense at all as he barely does anything as is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) How would Super Saiyan 3 have helped Goku if he had transformed into the form during his rematch with Beerus instead of with just his Super Saiyan state?

3) In the Copy-Vegeta Saga, would Trunks transforming into a Super Saiyan 3 against Gryll and his posse, have stopped the Commeson from being released?

1. Any ssj level less then ssj red would not tickle beerus

2. Would not of worked against frieza

3. trunks stomps i guess

4. nope

5. goten can't control the power he get's nuked

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:53 pm

What rematch? Not even super saiyan god pushed Beerus to his limit, and Goku was said to have absorbed the god form's power, even as a regular SSJ.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) In the case of Gohan, would him awakening Super Saiyan 3 as a result of his rage over Piccolo's murder, and being able to maintain the form's full power for 2 hrs, have been enough to deal with First Form Frieza?
Probably not. Freeza would still transform into his true form and destroy Gohan, and even I don't see Freeza's first form losing to SSJ3 Gohan, specially since Gohan was very rusty at the time. It would be better just to regain his ultimate form.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) In the Copy-Vegeta Saga, would Trunks transforming into a Super Saiyan 3 against Gryll and his posse, have stopped the Commeson from being released?
Trunks as a SSJ3 would be funny. He could take care of the Gryll and his gang.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) During Goku Black's genocide of Gods and mortals, would Future Trunks mastering Super Saiyan 3, like he had done with his Super Saiyan 2, have been enough to kill Goku Black during their very first encounter?
Possible, but he would have to make sure he kills Black, or else, Black would come out much stronger than if he fought SSJ2 Future Trunks, accelerating Black's growth.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) Changing the time to prepare for the Zeno Exhibition Matches to a week, would Goten have done better than Gohan against Lavender, were he to have prepared for the match by training under Goku and Piccolo inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the entire week, then using Super Saiyan 3 from the start against the unconditionally sociopathic Venomous Lavender?
That means Goten would finally grow up, so it's impossible since the writers don't want that. On a serious note, it's possible since Goten at the age of seven is stronger than Gohan at that age.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Torturephile wrote:
What rematch? Not even super saiyan god pushed Beerus to his limit, and Goku was said to have absorbed the god form's power, even as a regular SSJ.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) In the case of Gohan, would him awakening Super Saiyan 3 as a result of his rage over Piccolo's murder, and being able to maintain the form's full power for 2 hrs, have been enough to deal with First Form Frieza?
Probably not. Freeza would still transform into his true form and destroy Gohan, and even I don't see Freeza's first form losing to SSJ3 Gohan, specially since Gohan was very rusty at the time. It would be better just to regain his ultimate form.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) In the Copy-Vegeta Saga, would Trunks transforming into a Super Saiyan 3 against Gryll and his posse, have stopped the Commeson from being released?
Trunks as a SSJ3 would be funny. He could take care of the Gryll and his gang.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) During Goku Black's genocide of Gods and mortals, would Future Trunks mastering Super Saiyan 3, like he had done with his Super Saiyan 2, have been enough to kill Goku Black during their very first encounter?
Possible, but he would have to make sure he kills Black, or else, Black would come out much stronger than if he fought SSJ2 Future Trunks, accelerating Black's growth.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) Changing the time to prepare for the Zeno Exhibition Matches to a week, would Goten have done better than Gohan against Lavender, were he to have prepared for the match by training under Goku and Piccolo inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the entire week, then using Super Saiyan 3 from the start against the unconditionally sociopathic Venomous Lavender?
That means Goten would finally grow up, so it's impossible since the writers don't want that. On a serious note, it's possible since Goten at the age of seven is stronger than Gohan at that age.
1) Since Goku first fought Hakaishin Beerus on King Kai's Planet, when the two fought on Earth, it was their second battle. Now during this confrontation, with Super Saiyan God Son Goku against Beerus, would Goku reverting from his Super Saiyan God form to his Super Saiyan 3 form, instead of with Super Saiyan, have at least been strong enough to stop Beerus' God of Destruction Super Energy Sphere without having to power down to base form in order to punch out the Beerus Ball?

2) Could this version of First Form Frieza have been defeated if Gohan and Piccolo from the Resurrection F Saga had entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and trained for four years, instead of just one, or would it be impossible even with Ultimate Gohan being reborn?

3) How do you think Vegeta and Goten would react to seeing Trunks as a Super Saiyan 3?

4) Would Goku Black have died for sure if Future Trunks had Super Saiyan God during their first encounter?

5) If you had been hired to work on a movie-version of the God of Destruction Champa Saga, how would a fan such as yourself have handled Goten's character?

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Since Goku first fought Hakaishin Beerus on King Kai's Planet, when the two fought on Earth, it was their second battle. Now during this confrontation, with Super Saiyan God Son Goku against Beerus, would Goku reverting from his Super Saiyan God form to his Super Saiyan 3 form, instead of with Super Saiyan, have at least been strong enough to stop Beerus' God of Destruction Super Energy Sphere without having to power down to base form in order to punch out the Beerus Ball?
I completely forgot about that one fight. I don't think SSJ3 would have done a difference much compared to having SSJ since Goku absorbed god ki in his body.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) Could this version of First Form Frieza have been defeated if Gohan and Piccolo from the Resurrection F Saga had entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and trained for four years, instead of just one, or would it be impossible even with Ultimate Gohan being reborn?
Ultimate Gohan could have a chance of beating first form Freeza. Of course, a short-time training like the one Gohan and Piccolo had before the ToP resulted in Gohan regaining his ultimate form, so they could go from there until they get much stronger, probably being able to beat more powerful forms of Freeza.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) How do you think Vegeta and Goten would react to seeing Trunks as a Super Saiyan 3?
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) Would Goku Black have died for sure if Future Trunks had Super Saiyan God during their first encounter?
Yes, unless Future Trunks somehow failed and Black got Rosé right away after recovering. It would be funny.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If you had been hired to work on a movie-version of the God of Destruction Champa Saga, how would a fan such as yourself have handled Goten's character?
He would be cheering for U7, like how we saw in the Champa saga. I don't care about Goten. Probably one user called Lemmy or something like that would do something special about him and Trunks, s/he's a big fan of Goten and maybe Trunks as well.
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The duality of man.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Torturephile wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) Since Goku first fought Hakaishin Beerus on King Kai's Planet, when the two fought on Earth, it was their second battle. Now during this confrontation, with Super Saiyan God Son Goku against Beerus, would Goku reverting from his Super Saiyan God form to his Super Saiyan 3 form, instead of with Super Saiyan, have at least been strong enough to stop Beerus' God of Destruction Super Energy Sphere without having to power down to base form in order to punch out the Beerus Ball?
I completely forgot about that one fight. I don't think SSJ3 would have done a difference much compared to having SSJ since Goku absorbed god ki in his body.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) Could this version of First Form Frieza have been defeated if Gohan and Piccolo from the Resurrection F Saga had entered the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and trained for four years, instead of just one, or would it be impossible even with Ultimate Gohan being reborn?
Ultimate Gohan could have a chance of beating first form Freeza. Of course, a short-time training like the one Gohan and Piccolo had before the ToP resulted in Gohan regaining his ultimate form, so they could go from there until they get much stronger, probably being able to beat more powerful forms of Freeza.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) How do you think Vegeta and Goten would react to seeing Trunks as a Super Saiyan 3?
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) Would Goku Black have died for sure if Future Trunks had Super Saiyan God during their first encounter?
Yes, unless Future Trunks somehow failed and Black got Rosé right away after recovering. It would be funny.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If you had been hired to work on a movie-version of the God of Destruction Champa Saga, how would a fan such as yourself have handled Goten's character?
He would be cheering for U7, like how we saw in the Champa saga. I don't care about Goten. Probably one user called Lemmy or something like that would do something special about him and Trunks, s/he's a big fan of Goten and maybe Trunks as well.
1) How about Goku using Super Saiyan God on top of his already Godly-Enhanced Super Saiyan form?

2) With those 4 years of training in the Room of Spirit and Time, could Ultimate Gohan or Piccolo beat the stuffing out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta or Golden Frieza?

3) Hilarious, but would Future Trunks have the same reaction?

4) How would you have handled Goku Black's origin and the infamous ending of the Future Trunks Saga?

5) Then, who would you have liked to work on?

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:28 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) How about Goku using Super Saiyan God on top of his already Godly-Enhanced Super Saiyan form?
I'm not sure. The writing in this show is inconsistent I don't even know how it works anymore. I think they shouldn't have brought back the golden-haired forms.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) With those 4 years of training in the Room of Spirit and Time, could Ultimate Gohan or Piccolo beat the stuffing out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta or Golden Frieza?
If Gohan gets trained properly and gets enough power and skills from it, and looks back in insight at how Vegeta and Freeza fight, yes. All Piccolo needs is a massive power boost that could place him around their range, and with his good battle mind, he could challenge them.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) Hilarious, but would Future Trunks have the same reaction?
He could be proud, but also shocked.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) How would you have handled Goku Black's origin and the infamous ending of the Future Trunks Saga?
His origin could mostly remain the same though I would have pre-Black Zamasu explore more of universe 10's mortals, since only a barbarian race was shown. Have Beerus and Whis casually visit Gowasu with Goku tagging along because he wanted to see what another universe was like, and Goku gets bored wanting a fight since he heard Zamasu was strong. Goku would be the tipping point of Zamasu's growing resentment towards mortals after their fight, and Zamasu proceeds to steal Goku's body. At least I believe this would prevent the timeline confusion that Toei generated in the anime. More or less the rest remains the same. As for the ending, I'm not sure whether I'd like Future Trunks to have a happy ending with him beating Fused Zamasu or go with something similar to what we got, just quite different.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) Then, who would you have liked to work on?
Piccolo would last a little longer. He would use up all his energy to knock Frost out of the ring and would fight Magetta and come close to knocking him out as well.
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
The duality of man.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 am

Torturephile wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) How about Goku using Super Saiyan God on top of his already Godly-Enhanced Super Saiyan form?
I'm not sure. The writing in this show is inconsistent I don't even know how it works anymore. I think they shouldn't have brought back the golden-haired forms.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) With those 4 years of training in the Room of Spirit and Time, could Ultimate Gohan or Piccolo beat the stuffing out of Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta or Golden Frieza?
If Gohan gets trained properly and gets enough power and skills from it, and looks back in insight at how Vegeta and Freeza fight, yes. All Piccolo needs is a massive power boost that could place him around their range, and with his good battle mind, he could challenge them.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) Hilarious, but would Future Trunks have the same reaction?
He could be proud, but also shocked.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) How would you have handled Goku Black's origin and the infamous ending of the Future Trunks Saga?
His origin could mostly remain the same though I would have pre-Black Zamasu explore more of universe 10's mortals, since only a barbarian race was shown. Have Beerus and Whis casually visit Gowasu with Goku tagging along because he wanted to see what another universe was like, and Goku gets bored wanting a fight since he heard Zamasu was strong. Goku would be the tipping point of Zamasu's growing resentment towards mortals after their fight, and Zamasu proceeds to steal Goku's body. At least I believe this would prevent the timeline confusion that Toei generated in the anime. More or less the rest remains the same. As for the ending, I'm not sure whether I'd like Future Trunks to have a happy ending with him beating Fused Zamasu or go with something similar to what we got, just quite different.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) Then, who would you have liked to work on?
Piccolo would last a little longer. He would use up all his energy to knock Frost out of the ring and would fight Magetta and come close to knocking him out as well.
1) In my opinion, they should have just stuck with making normal and then extended versions of theatrical releases like how they have done with the Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods film.

2) Do you think Goku would have considered them for the Tournament of Destroyers? With Son Gohan replacing Mr. Buu?

3) Personally, do you think Trunks does have the potential to become a Super Saiyan 3? Would he have achieved the form if he had the chance to be trained under Goku himself in the Otherworld during the seven years following the Cell Games?

4) If you had to choose between Super Saiyan Blue or Super Saiyan Rosé, which form would you have made use of in an encounter with Goku Black, right after his devastating wish was made to Super Shenron, in order to stop him from killing Goku, Chi-Chi, and Goten in cold-blood with his God Split Cut?

5) If Present Zamasu had interrupted the tournament match between Goku and Botamo, who would have beaten him?

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) Do you think Goku would have considered them for the Tournament of Destroyers? With Son Gohan replacing Mr. Buu?
Didn't he do already? Of course if Piccolo was stronger and Gohan was more skilled, they would be considered without any hesitation at all.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) Personally, do you think Trunks does have the potential to become a Super Saiyan 3? Would he have achieved the form if he had the chance to be trained under Goku himself in the Otherworld during the seven years following the Cell Games?
Not with the way he currently is. He probably would if he trained with Goku in the otherworld.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) If you had to choose between Super Saiyan Blue or Super Saiyan Rosé, which form would you have made use of in an encounter with Goku Black, right after his devastating wish was made to Super Shenron, in order to stop him from killing Goku, Chi-Chi, and Goten in cold-blood with his God Split Cut?
Rosé just seems like a recolor of Blue, but just to anger Black for my own amusement, I'd use Rosé.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If Present Zamasu had interrupted the tournament match between Goku and Botamo, who would have beaten him?
Goku for sure. I have not idea how strong Botamo is since all he did in Super in both tournaments was to tank attacks for the most part and be the first in his team to lose.
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
The duality of man.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Torturephile wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) Do you think Goku would have considered them for the Tournament of Destroyers? With Son Gohan replacing Mr. Buu?
Didn't he do already? Of course if Piccolo was stronger and Gohan was more skilled, they would be considered without any hesitation at all.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:3) Personally, do you think Trunks does have the potential to become a Super Saiyan 3? Would he have achieved the form if he had the chance to be trained under Goku himself in the Otherworld during the seven years following the Cell Games?
Not with the way he currently is. He probably would if he trained with Goku in the otherworld.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:4) If you had to choose between Super Saiyan Blue or Super Saiyan Rosé, which form would you have made use of in an encounter with Goku Black, right after his devastating wish was made to Super Shenron, in order to stop him from killing Goku, Chi-Chi, and Goten in cold-blood with his God Split Cut?
Rosé just seems like a recolor of Blue, but just to anger Black for my own amusement, I'd use Rosé.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:5) If Present Zamasu had interrupted the tournament match between Goku and Botamo, who would have beaten him?
Goku for sure. I have not idea how strong Botamo is since all he did in Super in both tournaments was to tank attacks for the most part and be the first in his team to lose.
1) Sorry, I meant the Gohan and Piccolo we were talking about who had trained extremely extensively in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, but if in a really life-like dream, our Universe was forced to compete in the Zeno Exhibition Matches against the wolfpack of Basil, Lavender, and Bergamo, who would you have recruited to compete in against the terrible sibling team of the Trio De Dangers?

2) If Trunks had trained in the Otherworld with Goku, how would this have changed the only son of Vegeta and the Majin Buu Saga in general? Would Trunks have been forced to step in to stop his very own father?

3) With the side-effect of sounding British, any certain special finishing move you would use on Goku Black?

4) All we can confirm is Botamo being stronger than Winnie the Pooh, anyways, how high would Goku have to go in order to defeat Present Zamasu in combat?

5) Which would be more satisfying to you? Becoming a Saiyan like Goku Black or Cyborg like Android 17?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:57 am

Except that the only battle Super Saiyan 3 battle that has been won in the series is Goku vs Hirudegarn, and Goku vs Future Trunks :think:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 am

shadowmaria wrote:Except that the only battle Super Saiyan 3 battle that has been won in the series is Goku vs Hirudegarn, and Goku vs Future Trunks :think:
Also, Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Angel) vs. Janempa.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm

shadowmaria wrote:Except that the only battle Super Saiyan 3 battle that has been won in the series is Goku vs Hirudegarn, and Goku vs Future Trunks :think:
It didn't help the gang beat any foe they faced. In my opinion, Super Saiyan 3 is a useless form to have or use.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:03 pm

majinwarman wrote:
It didn't help the gang beat any foe they faced. In my opinion, Super Saiyan 3 is a useless form to have or use.
That's silly IMO. It's stronger than SSJ2 which means it's useful against any foe above that level.

It may not have a grand win but it's the main reason he didn't die against Buu.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:04 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
That's silly IMO. It's stronger than SSJ2 which means it's useful against any foe above that level.

Just because it is a stronger transformation, doesn't make it a useful one.
Majinwarman

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 am

majinwarman wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
majinwarman wrote: It didn't help the gang beat any foe they faced. In my opinion, Super Saiyan 3 is a useless form to have or use.

What you are saying literally makes 0 logical sense in this scenario.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

What you are saying literally makes 0 logical sense in this scenario.
What for has SSJ3 help our cast with? It allow help delay people or get beaten by other characters. It hasn't done any impact on the series.
Majinwarman