Anyone think there should be consequences for the Angels?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasterofSix

Anyone think there should be consequences for the Angels?

Post by MasterofSix » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

What the title says (Also, my first thread in this forum).

In the Tournament of Power, the angels whose Universes are involved in the event get off scot-free. Since they're the attendants, you'd think there be consequences for them but because of the Grand Priest they're exempt. I feel if there was some sort of looming punishment, they would be more involved with their Team of fighters and try to get them as strong as possible. It's something that has bugged me for a while.

What do you think?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Anyone think there should be consequences for the Angels?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:24 am

Well they do have to deal with the people and places they've known and loved for millions of years all ceasing to exist. Cus seemed pretty sad.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 am

They don't really have a say in how their gods manage things apart from providing easily ignored advice. At the end of the day, there's not a lot you can blame them for as far as management goes.

They're a morally iffy bunch. Like, Whis is a nice, reasonable guy but doesn't bat an eye when Beerus annihilates planets over trivial matters. And apart from Cus, none of them seem to care about their universes being erased. Hell, Vados and Mojito especially seem downright thrilled about it. Even Whis, who has friends other than Beerus in Universe 7 seems fine with it.

This is why so many people are quick to assume they and the Grand Priest are actually evil. I don't think they are, they just have an alien view of life and consequences.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 am

They are basically guardian angels sent out by the de facto God to guide the God of Destruction of the universe they are stationed in to make it a prosperous universe.
Only if they tried to topple God would I expect them to face consequences.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am

Why does it bug you? They’re Guide Angels for a reason. The only help the Hakaishin or guide the Hakaishin to help them make better decisions and they’re dispatched from Zenoh. It is also stated that the Guide Angels are neautral in battle so there shouldn’t really be any consequences for them.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Mmm, well now that I think about it shouldn't there be some blame on the Angels part if the universe they were assigned to has a shitty mortal level? Aren't they there to guide the GoD? If the GoD is doing a shitty job then doesn't that mean the Angel is doing a shitty job?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am

If there are no consequences to Goku or anyone else why should there be any for the angels? What did they do that was so terrible?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:15 am

The angels have scarcely shown any collective initiative that's separate from those around and above them. Yes, there's been some brief interactions that alluded to a deeper relationship between them, but they don't seem inherently bad; that could always change.

Now in terms of consequences, you could dispute that as advisers to their Hakaishin, they play a credible role in the functionality of celestials throughout the universes. If you wanted ascribe culpability to them for not providing more sound advice to their Hakaishin then erasure for them might be in order. Will this happen? No. Daishinkan and the angels have apparently been able to guarantee their personal safety in the event of universal erasure. You could ask why Zeno hasn't placed any of the blame for celestial incompetence on their shoulders if you want.