Battles between two Ultra Instinct users

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Battles between two Ultra Instinct users

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:11 pm

HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
emperior wrote: I hope the limits of Ultra Instinct will be addressed.
I mean, it would be better if it isn't just auto-pilot, so that fighters will still need some degree of skill to win.
Did you watch the fight with Kefla? It isn't just auto pilot, Goku almost screwed up by thinking too much and Whis points out he can't use Ultra Instinct offensively very well, only defensively for now.

I think they mean after Goku masters the form.
I'm definitely talking about the mastered UI. I fear it will be too much auto-pilot. This means there would be 0 skill involved, which is something I wouldn't want to see.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 pm

emperior wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Asura wrote:
Did you watch the fight with Kefla? It isn't just auto pilot, Goku almost screwed up by thinking too much and Whis points out he can't use Ultra Instinct offensively very well, only defensively for now.

I'm definitely talking about the mastered UI. I fear it will be too much auto-pilot. This means there would be 0 skill involved, which is something I wouldn't want to see.
Isn't mastering it and going autopilot skill in itself?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm

We know that Whis is no match for Daishinkan and they both know the technique.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
emperior wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Isn't mastering it and going autopilot skill in itself?
Indeed it is, and the one who put more into honing his skills beforehand will have more of them to use once in auto-pilot mode.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Ultra Instinct needs to go away after this arc as it would ruin the series.
How did ruin it? It moved the series into territory that has so much benefit than just new transformations and who can hit harder.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 pm

majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Ultra Instinct needs to go away after this arc as it would ruin the series.
How did ruin it? It moved the series into territory that has so much benefit than just new transformations and who can hit harder.
It means Goku can't be hit if he masters it or be in any real danger. That means anyone he faces will most likely have to have Ultra Instinct as well for them to compete.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:33 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
It means Goku can't be hit if he masters it or be in any real danger. That means anyone he faces will most likely have to have Ultra Instinct as well for them to compete.
That shows that Goku is at a point where we need those foes. We can't just have Goku being the same. Plus, it helps open the doors new possibilities that could make the story better.
Majinwarman

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 pm

majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: How did ruin it? It moved the series into territory that has so much benefit than just new transformations and who can hit harder.
That shows that Goku is at a point where we need those foes. We can't just have Goku being the same. Plus, it helps open the doors new possibilities that could make the story better.
What possibilities could it open?

Ultra Instinct needs to make something like the heat thing a permanent weakness so the form has a time limit.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:00 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Ultra Instinct needs to make something like the heat thing a permanent weakness so the form has a time limit.
The biggest possibility is that we don't need to get bigger anymore, if Goku only fights people with that ability, the dynamic of the fight has to change.

The biggest reason why i think you don't want it is because none of the z fighters will stand a chance against such opponents.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Totamo wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: That shows that Goku is at a point where we need those foes. We can't just have Goku being the same. Plus, it helps open the doors new possibilities that could make the story better.

The biggest possibility is that we don't need to get bigger anymore, if Goku only fights people with that ability, the dynamic of the fight has to change.

The biggest reason why i think you don't want it is because none of the z fighters will stand a chance against such opponents.
If Goku only fights people with Ultra Instinct then the form itself becomes pointless as it does not provide any benefit to either fighter and fights will then be the same with or without the form.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:We know that Whis is no match for Daishinkan and they both know the technique.
It could be a stamina thing...
Or the whis stepping on poop was done on purpose to show he dosen't actually have it fully mastered or simply can't be in ultra instinct state of mind 24/7 opposed to grand priest, which takes it back to it being a bigger stamina win thing..

UI is pretty broken, even for db
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:39 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:We know that Whis is no match for Daishinkan and they both know the technique.
Or the whis stepping on poop was done on purpose to show he dosen't actually have it fully mastered or simply can't be in ultra instinct state of mind 24/7 opposed to grand priest, which takes it back to it being a bigger stamina win thing..

I'd figure Daishinkan is simply stronger and faster.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

I'd figure Daishinkan is simply stronger and faster.
If we go the traditional Dragonball route then yes, that's what it will end up like, but that results in UI ending up as nothing when pitted against other UI users, resulting in the goku can't match higher Gods and non god ki users can't ever hope to catch up.. again.. It's the god ki deal all over again but this time with UI instead..
We are back at square one with this.. I would rather not have that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:46 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Totamo wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

If Goku only fights people with Ultra Instinct then the form itself becomes pointless as it does not provide any benefit to either fighter and fights will then be the same with or without the form.
But, it allows to understand it better. Plus, the Z fighters still have a chance to attain it if they train with Whis or now Goku.
Majinwarman