Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Post by precita » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 am

Asura wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Now that it has happened, no, not really. It was really badly done.
We usually don't agree too much, but you're absolutely right. :D

This was really badly done. I was definitely preparing to be sad about U6's erasure, quite a lot of interesting characters there and Caulifla and Kale might have been my favorite characters in the tournament. But I felt nothing. It seemed like no one in U6 even gave a shit that they were getting erased, and apparently no one else did either. Goku doesn't comment at all about Hit getting erased, or the Saiyan girls. Beerus & Champa's final moments were shit. Handled poorly all around and all the people saying they got emotional would probably be bawling their eyes out if this was done better.
We'll probably see the characters reflect on it more in the next episode. Vegeta flat out said, "I'm not in a good place right now" and it was obviously regarding Cabba.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:05 am

no. i bearly get sad at dragon ball. i got sad in the bardock special cuz i knew hes not coming back. but as for the rest i dont because they just getting revived anyway

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:12 am

precita wrote:
Asura wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Now that it has happened, no, not really. It was really badly done.

This was really badly done. I was definitely preparing to be sad about U6's erasure, quite a lot of interesting characters there and Caulifla and Kale might have been my favorite characters in the tournament. But I felt nothing. It seemed like no one in U6 even gave a shit that they were getting erased, and apparently no one else did either. Goku doesn't comment at all about Hit getting erased, or the Saiyan girls. Beerus & Champa's final moments were shit. Handled poorly all around and all the people saying they got emotional would probably be bawling their eyes out if this was done better.
We'll probably see the characters reflect on it more in the next episode. Vegeta flat out said, "I'm not in a good place right now" and it was obviously regarding Cabba.
Oh yeah, just like all the reflection that happened with Gowasu.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:10 am

Asura wrote:

2 universes at once are erased and it's like.....meh, :yawn:

Can't say I'm surprised by the poor execution of these universes demise though, this tournament lacks the real seriousness and passion that you would expect at a life and death situation.
Compare it with the Goku black arc and you know what I mean.

I'm still counting on Freeza on shaking this gig up a bit in the future.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:22 am

I was a little sad, I admit.

[spoiler]But let's be honest, Vegeta is going to bring them back like he swore to do.[/spoiler]
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 am

Champa... I teared up

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 am

I liked the way they went with Saonel, Pirina and Caulifla messing around and Champa still being Champa towards Beerus along with Cabba still being happy and Hit looking very neutral.

They know if Universe 7 wins they will be back and they obviously think they can win.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:13 am

Vados is such a cunt, gotta love her :D

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 am

Damn, that was well done. The same way Champa appeared in the ToP he said goodbye. Vados reaction was like i expected too. The namekians and Caulifla made a comical relief of the situation. I teared a bit, but also i laughed.

I hope to see more of universe 6 in the future, but i fear the unpredictability of DBS.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:40 am

The first time I watched it, I thought they played it too light. It should be a big deal, they're the most developed and sympathetic universe out of the ones we've got.

Second time was when it really hit me. I think Beerus' reaction is what truly convinced me they knew what they were doing. It wasn't "obviously" sad like 9 or 10 were. They were going for subtlety and they played it well. The cute antics with Caulifla, Kale and the Namekians was both heart-warming and heart-breaking. The theme of both U2 and U6' erasure was "we can't stop this, so we might as well have fun while we can". Champa visibly struggling to come up with something to say before settling for a cheeky eye-pull, Vados' blink-and-you'll miss it bow, Kale holding Caulifla's hand. It was a scene made by it's small moments.

It's still baffling to think 3 and 4 will have to follow this, but I'm actually interested to see how they handle it now. These erasure scenes are among my favourite in the tournament, because they haven't been mishandled yet and give me the most hope that for all the stumbles along the way, they know what they're doing with this arc.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 am

Kataphrut wrote:It's still baffling to think 3 and 4 will have to follow this, but I'm actually interested to see how they handle it now. These erasure scenes are among my favourite in the tournament, because they haven't been mishandled yet and give me the most hope that for all the stumbles along the way, they know what they're doing with this arc.
I'm thinking Universe 4's erasure is gonna be the angry break down
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm kinda surprised Caulifa and Kale didn't get one last moment together. I thought they were going to hold hands or hug or something, or declare their love for one another. Since they don't know if they would ever come back or not. Would have been nice for their lesbian yuri ship to be confirmed canon.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:39 pm

precita wrote:Would have been nice for their lesbian yuri ship to be confirmed canon.
Keep dreaming, bud.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:41 pm

precita wrote: I thought they were going to hold hands
THey were holding hands last I checked...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 pm

precita wrote:I'm kinda surprised Caulifa and Kale didn't get one last moment together. I thought they were going to hold hands or hug or something, or declare their love for one another. Since they don't know if they would ever come back or not. Would have been nice for their lesbian yuri ship to be confirmed canon.
They were holding hands. Their sister type relationship is a pretty common trop in anime and it almost always leads to nothing other than just a sister type relationship.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 pm

precita wrote:I'm kinda surprised Caulifa and Kale didn't get one last moment together. I thought they were going to hold hands or hug or something, or declare their love for one another. Since they don't know if they would ever come back or not. Would have been nice for their lesbian yuri ship to be confirmed canon.
Keep your fanfiction to yourself
There sisters nothing more