If Android 18's beat-down of Vegeta happened today.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

blackbewhite2k7
Not-So-Newbie

If Android 18's beat-down of Vegeta happened today.

Post by blackbewhite2k7 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:57 pm

Would fan's nerd rage nearly as hard as they do with anything that involves Kale, Cauliflua, or Kelfa?

precita
Banned

Re: If Android 18's beat-down of Vegeta happened today.

Post by precita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Probably. Vegeta had just gotten Super Saiyan and he got beat up by a teenage blonde android girl.

People would be like, "Some blonde robot girl is stronger than Freeza and Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta? What the hell is this? Toriyama has lost his mind, 18 is a Mary Sue!"

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 pm

"This is an insult to all the hard work and struggle Vegeta went through to get that power".

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 pm

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:Would fan's nerd rage nearly as hard as they do with anything that involves Kale, Cauliflua, or Kelfa?
Why not go find out for yourself?
viewtopic.php?t=36889

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Some robot lady is stronger than a Super Saiyan? The damn feminist agenda is ruining my Dragon Ball!
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

supercat

Post by supercat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:36 am

Vegeta was holding back.

Vegeta isn't as strong as Namek Frieza or SSJ Goku, he's more like Third Form Frieza at best.

Vegeta isn't as gifted as Goku, so his SSJ multiplier probably wasn't as great. He probably only saw a tenfold increase, and that's being generous.

Vegeta underestimated Android 18 and lost only due to his egotistical approach.

Android 18 was probably programmed with the innate ability to overcome stronger opponents. Android 18 is actually only Zarbon-tier at best, but her durability as an android and fighting skills are what granted her the win.

Oh wait, I guess Android 18 could be stronger than Zarbon after all, but still no where near Ginyu. Maybe around Jeice and Burter?

Vegeta has two Super Saiyan transformations. One for fodders like Android 18, and the other, a fully powered up version for powerhouses like Namek Frieza and SSJ Goku.

Hilarious right? Seriously, this is how ridiculous it all sounds when characters like Cabba, Frost, Kale, Caulifla, Dyspo, Future Zamasu, Present Zamasu, Android 17, Ribrianne, SSJ Goku / Vegeta / Gohan (current), Base Saiyans, Piccolo (current), Rozie, and many more are downplayed and squeezed into some low power scale below weaklings like Buu and SSJ Vegetto (Buu saga), who were probably surpassed several sagas before.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:08 am

4 steps:

1- Mah power levels! How is it possible than an old man living in a cave created Cyborgs stronger than Super Saiyans and Freeza with Earth technology?! (good question though...)
2- Toriyama hates Vegeta.
3 - Feminism!!!
4 - Dropped. DBZ is garbage. All other anime > DBZ.

*comes back next week*
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:16 am

Probably lots of rants by geeks concerned fans, about Toriyama and how he treats Vegeta, and lots of complaints about feminism, how dae sjw's are taking over our media.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:23 am

Did fans outrage about Gotenks being too strong when he debuted? I wasn't watching DBZ when it first came out. Did they say two half-Saiyan children fused and could already go SSJ3 and fight with Majin Buu while Vegeta couldn't? Because Kefla got hate for being OP
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 am

Haha, this quickly bevame one of my favorite threads on here.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:17 am

I'm pleasantly surprised by everything in this thread!

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:41 am

It'd be seen as badass, same as it was. This isn't at all comparable to the universe 6 saiyan situation.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am

TekTheNinja wrote:It'd be seen as badass, same as it was. This isn't at all comparable to the universe 6 saiyan situation.
This seems to be intented as a joke thread, but seriously, these are two very different situations, if people legitimately can't tell the difference all I can say is they probably followed Goku down the waterfall..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 am

There would be tons of bitching. Remember how fans felt Vegeta was cheated out of defeating Freeza in Resurrection F? Magnify that by 100.

And that's not even taking into consideration how the concept of the Androids is bullshit, as well as Vegeta attaining Super Saiyan to begin with, and how that pisses all over everything about what happened on Namek.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 am

It's a battle power bargain sale, how was 18 that strong? This is almost as bad as Kale and Califla, well sure there was Goten and Trunks, but that's not as bad because they don't have vaginas, I HATE VIGINAS!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:08 am

I mean I keep saying this there’s no need to speculate on reactions because we have them from that time period. Or I guess people want to continue making up fake scenarios in their heads. Enjoy.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:28 am

TheMikado wrote:I mean I keep saying this there’s no need to speculate on reactions because we have them from that time period. Or I guess people want to continue making up fake scenarios in their heads. Enjoy.
Because people take into consideration today's mindset as well. Not to mention that that link just leads to several things that were discussed back then and it seems like a lot to sift through for the sake of this one thread.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:42 am

It may be unfair but villains are generally treated differently. Why would anyone create a villain weaker than the protagonists?

It's the same reason no-one gets angry about Jiren. Granted he isn't a villain but more of a final boss type.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

No cause unlike Super, she didn't come out of nowhere. Trunks told them about her and #17 3 YEARS before they showed up so they were set up and fans would've expected things to turn out bad considaring the heroes got killed in Trunks' timeline by them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Michsi wrote:
TheMikado wrote:I mean I keep saying this there’s no need to speculate on reactions because we have them from that time period. Or I guess people want to continue making up fake scenarios in their heads. Enjoy.
Because people take into consideration today's mindset as well. Not to mention that that link just leads to several things that were discussed back then and it seems like a lot to sift through for the sake of this one thread.
But that makes no sense, we don’t judge art against our own present day standards we judge them against their peers. Dragonball for during its time period stood out amongst its peer thus garnering it’s global positive reception. Modern Dragonball doesn’t. Essentially the purpose makes little sense and is about as productive as evaluating a musket in its effectiveness in modern combat.