Gohan's victory over the namekians in the last episode...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: Gohan's victory over the namekians in the last episode...

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:15 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SsjCookie wrote: Gohan radiates reluctance and passiveness at fighting, its boring to watch him to be honest. :yawn:
I am going to agree with you here...
Gohan is the most boring person to see fighting nowadays..
Always soft spoken even during the fights, no cool one liners, throwing a Kamehameha all the time, no fighting spirit whatsoever and most of all always by Piccolos side and playing "you shield I shield" with him..
In simple words he seems lame..

The manga version though is amazing once again, that one gravity room scene brought back the Gohan I know and love..
How has Gohan been reluctant at all this entire arc? Literally begging to see the best Goku had, throwing a punch at him while unconcious, firmly stating he didn't want any senzu, demanding he gets Botamo alone, taking on the namekians by himself and motivating piccolo, saying that anyone who overestimates their powers can't be considered an enemy to Botamo, and his intense motivation in episode 88 while training?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:23 am

kinisking wrote: How has Gohan been reluctant at all this entire arc? Literally begging to see the best Goku had, throwing a punch at him while unconcious, firmly stating he didn't want any senzu, demanding he gets Botamo alone, taking on the namekians by himself and motivating piccolo, saying that anyone who overestimates their powers can't be considered an enemy to Botamo, and his intense motivation in episode 88 while training?
Truth be told I am not finding him interesting one way or the other, it's just the problem of how it's being done in the anime though, the character still holds the exact same spark in the manga for me..
I suppose the anime is just too all over the place, it's not just Gohan, it's happening with the whole squad, super is chore to watch and nobody is as interesting as they could be..

Also, you are right, gohan has been amazing in all those situations you mentioned, not every situation he has been presented in the anime is badly presented
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:46 am

HeroR wrote:We have seen the Namekians since 111. The only time we didn't see them was in 113. So we saw them for six episodes.
Doing what exactly? :roll:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 am

SsjCookie wrote:
HeroR wrote:We have seen the Namekians since 111. The only time we didn't see them was in 113. So we saw them for six episodes.
Being smart, but we had several fight scenes with them that were quite well animated. You don't have to liked them, but they were there.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 am

HeroR wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:
Being smart, but we had several fight scenes with them that were quite well animated. You don't have to liked them, but they were there.

Being boring you mean, I wanted to see more of them but they only lasted half an episode seriously fighting and that's it.
A shame really.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:17 am

SsjCookie wrote:
HeroR wrote:
SsjCookie wrote:

Being boring you mean, I wanted to see more of them but they only lasted half an episode seriously fighting and that's it.
A shame really.
Blame the reason why they were so strong. They could have given them a small fight before they faced Piccolo and Gohan again.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:20 am

sangofe wrote:
Puaru wrote:... was really lame when you stop and Think about it.

I mean Gohan actually had an equal, I repeat an EQUAL beam-struggle against the namekian despite specifically saying that he had gone full Power. And Before you say "but that namekian was really strong!", no he really wasn't, because he was defeated by Piccolo's Special Beam Canon. This clearly proves that these multi-fusion namekians were not some kind of top-tiers in this tournament. The other namekian even says "so this is the strenght of Universe 7 namekians" when Piccolo defeats him, suggesting that Piccolo is actually strong from their perspective.

So yeah, this was the kind of oponent that Gohan struggled against despite being at full Power. And what bugs me is that the episode plays this up as some triumphant moment. The way that this, ahem, "feat" of Gohan is narratively linked to Goku's ACTUALLY IMPRESSIVE feat of breaking through a black hole is just lame. "Horay! Goku managed to outpower a black hole! And Gohan managed to... struggle against a namekian and get saved by Piccolo!".

I almost prefered it when the narrative aknowledged that Gohan was weak and lame, because at this Point in the series Gohan is supposed to be "back" and is presented and talked about as such, and yet in terms of actual shown strenght he still mostly comes of as weak and lame.
I has managed to stay spoiler free until this post with this title. Thank you very much, mister.
To be fair, you shouldn't be in the Super threads then. The episode has been out for 6 days already.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
sangofe wrote:

I mean Gohan actually had an equal, I repeat an EQUAL beam-struggle against the namekian despite specifically saying that he had gone full Power. And Before you say "but that namekian was really strong!", no he really wasn't, because he was defeated by Piccolo's Special Beam Canon. This clearly proves that these multi-fusion namekians were not some kind of top-tiers in this tournament. The other namekian even says "so this is the strenght of Universe 7 namekians" when Piccolo defeats him, suggesting that Piccolo is actually strong from their perspective.

So yeah, this was the kind of oponent that Gohan struggled against despite being at full Power. And what bugs me is that the episode plays this up as some triumphant moment. The way that this, ahem, "feat" of Gohan is narratively linked to Goku's ACTUALLY IMPRESSIVE feat of breaking through a black hole is just lame. "Horay! Goku managed to outpower a black hole! And Gohan managed to... struggle against a namekian and get saved by Piccolo!".

I almost prefered it when the narrative aknowledged that Gohan was weak and lame, because at this Point in the series Gohan is supposed to be "back" and is presented and talked about as such, and yet in terms of actual shown strenght he still mostly comes of as weak and lame.
I has managed to stay spoiler free until this post with this title. Thank you very much, mister.
To be fair, you shouldn't be in the Super threads then. The episode has been out for 6 days already.
Do you seriously think this? If so that's a very selfish way to think. There are threads for every episode. Why can't people discuss what happens in the episodes without putting a spoiler title? Why do people who haven't seen the last episode have to go hiding?

And "6 days already" Man, you realize some people have full time jobs with kids and lives they do other things with? Or watch with real life friends when they have time? I have to assume not based upon your reply.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 am

piccolo is stronger then buuhan so why are you suprised.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 am

sangofe wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Do you seriously think this? If so that's a very selfish way to think. There are threads for every episode. Why can't people discuss what happens in the episodes without putting a spoiler title? Why do people who haven't seen the last episode have to go hiding?

And "6 days already" Man, you realize some people have full time jobs with kids and lives they do other things with? Or watch with real life friends when they have time? I have to assume not based upon your reply.
What exactly are people supposed to discuss then, the same old topics from several episodes ago? Also, what else could he have used as his title, just "Gohan"?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

What exactly are people supposed to discuss then, the same old topics from several episodes ago? Also, what else could he have used as his title, just "Gohan"?
Could have been "Spoilers on Gohan episode 118". What people are gonna discuss is up to them, where should be in topics that are easy to avoid.