Will Gohan reach a new level?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Will Gohan reach a new level?

Post by BWri » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Does he really need to? I'd feel more content in Gohan just training and increasing his strength in his Ultimate form.
I'd rather see this too. Ultimate is a form nobody else has and its capabilities have barely been explored. Hell, Buu did more with it in Z than Gohan did and it's still being under-utilized here in the tournament. Frieza should not be able to call you out for holding back. :lol:
I agree as well. I go into it more on my blog post, which I'll post below, but I like the idea of Gohan simply pushing himself in mystic. I like the dichotomy of how he got gained his powers through creation deities and how Goku and Vegeta gout theirs through destruction deities.

I'd also like for Gohan to go on a martial arts expedition, learning from all the masters. I never saw him as a martial artist, merely a power fighter, so it'd be great if he learned some further techniques and created a style all his own. He kinda has already but I'd like to see him expand on it.

Potential Powerups for Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, and Buu (https://belartscorner.blogspot.com/2015 ... iyama.html)

Meh, I'll just post the Gohan relevant stuff here. I thought of it as the RoF stuff was going down:

"Path 2:
Okay, this is a little more interesting. After being humiliated by Frieza and having his master killed in front of his very eyes, a useless feeling Gohan goes on his own training journey to get powerful again. He attempts self training to get his stamina and control of his full power again. He fully unlocks his powers again (black haired form) through vigorous self training. Vegeta gives him tips for a good daily regiment and Bulma makes a gravity chamber modification to his house. On his own, Gohan powers up past his Buu saga Ultimate self and seeks a method to even surpass that. He considers the path that his father and Vegeta are taking, but the Elder Kai contacts him and tells him that there is another way. He explains to Gohan that the ways Whis trains are suitable only for those who wish to destroy. He then tells Gohan that there is a way for Gohan to become a more gentle god than one like Beerus. He tells Gohan that it is possible for a god to be both strong and gentle like himself, a god that cares for all life. He opens Gohan up to the path of the Kai's and Gohan attains a different sort of god form this way, one that is the most serene yet. He always stays in a relaxed looking base form no matter how strong he gets, but he has power on par with Goku and Vegeta."

I kinda predicted this one in a way. I just didn't think Piccolo would be the one to push him past his limits.

"Path 3:
Gohan goes the route of true martial arts disciple after his humiliation at Frieza's hands. As Gohan has never really been a fully fledged "martial artist" I figured it'd be some fun character development for him. He can seek out training from the various Z fighters and even learn some of their techniques. Mainly it would just be an arc about Gohan learning the virtues of fighting and learning to enjoy it as his peers and masters do. He could learn from Roshi, Tien, Piccolo (again), Vegeta, King Kai, Whis, etc. Then after that he could do some intense self training and with his ridiculously high potential that would probably automatically put him at Goku and Vegeta's SSB level. This path just turns Gohan into a battle freak like Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, and Tien. It's fun though and a major change for Gohan. He'd still remain his pacifist self, but have a newfound love and respect for fighting. Now, he'd always find some time to train, at least every so often."
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-