[Spoilers] Vegeta exit

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: [Spoilers] Vegeta exit

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Vegeta will probably get his typical old school beat down.

Now what I would love to see, is Vegeta having some plan and surviving but being heavily drained stamina wise.
Goku won't be able to attain UI again due to being too tired, being able to use some transformation but that's it, and no he doesn't receive any more energy from any other character as the other U7 fighters are busy.

So the final battle is a tag team between Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren. They'll defeat him using a strategy and not power and Maybe in the end they'll both achieve UI for a brief moment while fighting together as a team , trusting each other 100% .

YEAH, yeah it is not going to happen but hey i can dream.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I just want Vegeta to get his ass kicked the old-fashioned way. He's long overdue for that.
When Vegeta fanboys get too riled up I kindly show them the scene where Vegeta gets absolutely wrecked by Freeza and cries while getting tortured on Namek.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Animelover5487 wrote:
Artorias wrote:I think it'll be that typical Dragon Ball thing where Jiren doesn't try, which allows us to have the illusion of a good fight with great animation from Takahashi and the like. But then at the end Jiren pulls the classic "jk lulz here's 50% of my power" and Vegeta receives the oh so sweet curb stomp that he's famous for.

As far as what I WANT to happen, I'd love for Vegeta to go in with some sort of clever plan that ALMOST actually works. That way, he wouldn't come off us an arrogant dumbass like he usually does, and it would leave most Vegeta fans somewhat satisfied even though he didn't win.

I don't see any way Vegeta doesn't get KO'd, fam. It would be terrible writing for literally anything else to happen. Either A) Vegeta somehow randomly beats Jiren or B) Jiren "beats" Vegeta but doesn't knock him off. Both of these options would be TERRIBLE writing, so we've gotta hope that he loses if we don't want this climax to be hot garbage.
Terrible writing? You mean like how Jiren didn't knock off Kale and Goku when he had the chance? Face it this show is full of awful writing. Seeing as this arc is confirmed to last until March that means we still have at least 10+ episodes left of this tournament. I can't see Vegeta being out so soon when we still have quite a bit of episodes left.
What is your point? I agree that Jiren not knocking off Kale and Goku is also terrible writing. What does that have to do with Vegeta's elimination or any of my points?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I doubt 122 is Vegeta's last episode in the ToP
How come? I can't see him surviving a fight with jiren
The same way Kale and Goku didn’t survive the fight, right?
How i predict the tournament will end:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:32 pm

If Vegeta goes it makes room for Gohan and Freeza and possibly 17 to fight the pride troopers.

Vegeta still being around by the end makes one too many characters. There's only 3 pride troopers.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

precita wrote:If Vegeta goes it makes room for Gohan and Freeza and possibly 17 to fight the pride troopers.

Vegeta still being around by the end makes one too many characters. There's only 3 pride troopers.
Gohan and 17 gotta go. It should be Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza in my opinion.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Lionel wrote:If Kale can somehow be spared elimination when she was incapacitated by Jiren then Vegeta should be given the same conceivable prospect of making it through the fight. The odds don't look all too great for him but the precedent is there. Plus, his character does still have the element of representing Goku's longest living rival who has undergone the same trials and efforts as he has to reach this point. At the very least we can hope for a more dignified and capable fight than what Maji Kayo received when he made a move against Jiren. Hit remains the silver standard for quality performance against the Pride Trooper. If Vegeta is going to give any kind of spectacle then his performance should reasonably match the same quality of effort displayed by Hit.
Outside of Cage of Time, Hit's performance was worse than SSB Goku's. Physically he did nothing SSB Goku didn't do. Vegeta doesn't have had like Hit and is raw power oriented. So he'd really need to outperform both Goku and Hit.
There's a reason why I said silver standard and not gold. But in relation to your statement assessing that Hit's methodology of combat was about the same as Goku's, I would agree. We saw nothing of his Phoenix Eye Fist -- no curling of the index finger to concentrate force, no precise impact to the temple, throat or ribs, no concussion or damaged trachea. Nothing indicative of the trademark Dim Mak style was employed against Jiren. To be honest, using it to its full capacity would entail aiming for the eyes also. Not sure why the people at Toei neglected this idea but they had his physical choreography mirror the non-descript flurry style that almost everyone in DBZ is known for.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:40 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
precita wrote:If Vegeta goes it makes room for Gohan and Freeza and possibly 17 to fight the pride troopers.

Gohan should be in instead of Vegeta. I expect that Gohan will get his moment against the fused robot(who appears to be on SSB level). I see Vegeta, 17 and 18 being eliminated by U3 and Jiren.
Last edited by Kaiosama on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:41 am

Gohan is likely making it to the very end.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:43 am

precita wrote:Gohan is likely making it to the very end.
Agreed. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Gohan fights a weakened Jiren at the end.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Strongly agreed on Gohan (I think it's perhaps likely he loses next episode). 17 might be around to the end (along with Goku and Freeza, who I think are locks), since he's a returning character. I expected Vegeta to stay around, but if he's going to fight Jiren for a while episode, he's probably going to have his moment. Besides, after U3 is eliminated, and with Gohan maybe out next, we're going to be down to the final eight or so characters.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:13 am

Jigurashi wrote: Outside of Cage of Time, Hit's performance was worse than SSB Goku's. Physically he did nothing SSB Goku didn't do. Vegeta doesn't have had like Hit and is raw power oriented. So he'd really need to outperform both Goku and Hit.
Hit landed a clean blow on Jiren that knocked him to the ends of the arena. Thats something SSB Goku didn't even come close to doing.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 am

I just hope Vegeta isn't eliminated in a comedic way. I doubt it since we're dealing with the Mr. Serious Jiren the Grey but still you never know.

I'm surprised Vegeta will even get a shot at Jiren. The last time Vegeta tried to get to Jiren, Toppo blocked him. I'm guessing Frieza might occupy Toppo and Gohan will occupy Dyspo. I wonder if that would leave Goku to recover and watch Jiren's moves like Jiren has been doing to Goku this whole ToP
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:56 am

sintzu wrote:He'll either go out which won't change anything as he's done little to nothing or he'll start the fight and 5 minutes later he and Jerin will be doing something completely different.
Woah wait a minute. 5 minutes later is like in 25 episodes so, slow down please.

If you did read it please tell me how.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 am

I don't really get what's the point of hiring probably the best or at least one of the best animators around if Vegeta is destined to job?

And more, what's the point of Vegeta jobbing if UI Goku and Hit already jobbed to Jiren and made him look good?

Because that's the main point of jobbing, right? To make the main adversary look really powerful. If that's the case, it's been already done.

Also, that cool Vegeta's episode Toshio was talking about - it can't be far away from what're we now but I guess it's not ep. 122 cuz the writer is different.

I don't know, Vegeta will likely lose but I don't see him getting eliminated. Not yet. What was the point of all those hints?

Vegeta after the training in ROSAT, that caring look he gave to Bulma before leaving, telling Cabba that he's gonna win and bring him back with his folks and so one and so one.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:38 am

Mercenary wrote:I don't really get what's the point of hiring probably the best or at least one of the best animators around if Vegeta is destined to job?

And more, what's the point of Vegeta jobbing if UI Goku and Hit already jobbed to Jiren and made him look good?

Because that's the main point of jobbing, right? To make the main adversary look really powerful. If that's the case, it's been already done.

Also, that cool Vegeta's episode Toshio was talking about - it can't be far away from what're we now but I guess it's not ep. 122 cuz the writer is different.

I don't know, Vegeta will likely lose but I don't see him getting eliminated. Not yet. What was the point of all those hints?

Vegeta after the training in ROSAT, that caring look he gave to Bulma before leaving, telling Cabba that he's gonna win and bring him back with his folks and so one and so one.
I agree. I’m expecting to see something happen where Vegeta is about go get eliminated and the he gets meteorites of who he is fighting for and than bursts out with UI but with a more firey red/white/orange-ish arua similar to the arua Goku had in that poster in contrasts to the watery blue/ purple/white arua Goku has in UI and it turns out that he activated Offensive UI.

That is my prediction and my hope.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:42 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Outside of Cage of Time, Hit's performance was worse than SSB Goku's. Physically he did nothing SSB Goku didn't do. Vegeta doesn't have had like Hit and is raw power oriented. So he'd really need to outperform both Goku and Hit.
Hit landed a clean blow on Jiren that knocked him to the ends of the arena. Thats something SSB Goku didn't even come close to doing.
SSB Goku punched a Jiren who braced for the attack and literally sent him flying into the air through a mountain. So yes, Goku does have a feat comparable to that.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
SSB Goku punched a Jiren who braced for the attack and literally sent him flying into the air through a mountain. So yes, Goku does have a feat comparable to that.
Yeah, but he never really landed a clean hit. All his attacks were either blocked or countered.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:23 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Hit landed a clean blow on Jiren that knocked him to the ends of the arena. Thats something SSB Goku didn't even come close to doing.
Yeah, but he never really landed a clean hit. All his attacks were either blocked or countered.
He did land a clean hit with SSBKKx20. But regardless, Jiren blocking his punch but still being sent flying back is comparable to Jiren being sent back from a hit he didn't brace for. From a physical attribute's perspective, Hit did nothing against Jiren that SSB Goku didn't do himself.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: SSB Goku punched a Jiren who braced for the attack and literally sent him flying into the air through a mountain. So yes, Goku does have a feat comparable to that.
He did land a clean hit with SSBKKx20. But regardless, Jiren blocking his punch but still being sent flying back is comparable to Jiren being sent back from a hit he didn't brace for. From a physical attribute's perspective, Hit did nothing against Jiren that SSB Goku didn't do himself.
No he didn't.

I've gone through that scene frame by frame for other reasons and I can tell you he never landed a clean blow on Jiren.

Landing a clean blow that literally sends him to the very edges of the arena is far more of an achievement than merely sending him flying through a couple rocks.