[Spoilers] Vegeta exit

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

[Spoilers] Vegeta exit

Post by BlueVegerot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:17 am

So we know he's fighting jiren in 122 and he will obviously lose. also I'm 99% sure he won't get ultra instinct in this tournament.

Now how do you think the fight will go? My based on nothing prediction is some type of power up via fight or flight response and then he fires one massive attack at jiren ala final flash vs cell in attempts to finish him. Jiren will obviously survive but take some damage imo and then finish off vegeta.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: [Spoilers] Vegeta exit

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:22 am

I doubt 122 is Vegeta's last episode in the ToP

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:34 am

OLKv3 wrote:I doubt 122 is Vegeta's last episode in the ToP
How come? I can't see him surviving a fight with jiren

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:36 am

BlueVegerot wrote:
Vegeta shall survive because this tournament will unfortunately continue on for at least another ten episodes.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 am

He'll either go out which won't change anything as he's done little to nothing or he'll start the fight and 5 minutes later he and Jerin will be doing something completely different.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:50 am

I hope he goes out. I mean there's not much he can do if he survives. Toppo most likely will be Frieza's opponent due to Justice vs Evil, Dyspo will be Gohan's since they're both jobbers, and Goku and Jiren. So where does that leave Vegeta? Guess he could fight Toppo again but there's no point if he's used up all his power against Jiren.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 am

BlueVegerot wrote:
He can lose to Jiren without getting eliminated. Like Goku and Kale.
I'm just assuming we haven't gotten to the Toshio written episode he was excited about, where he said he wrote a cool Vegeta moment

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:05 am

Didn't the summaries say U7 is down to 5 members? We know Piccolo goes so the other is probably Vegeta.

We know both 18 and 17 are lasting all the way to the Universe 3 mega robot fight.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:48 am

precita wrote:Didn't the summaries say U7 is down to 5 members? We know Piccolo goes so the other is probably Vegeta.

We know both 18 and 17 are lasting all the way to the Universe 3 mega robot fight.
Pretty sure that was a false leak.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:06 am

I was hoping for Brianne or Toppo to do him in, but I guess Jiren's fine.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:30 am

If Kale can somehow be spared elimination when she was incapacitated by Jiren then Vegeta should be given the same conceivable prospect of making it through the fight. The odds don't look all too great for him but the precedent is there. Plus, his character does still have the element of representing Goku's longest living rival who has undergone the same trials and efforts as he has to reach this point. At the very least we can hope for a more dignified and capable fight than what Maji Kayo received when he made a move against Jiren. Hit remains the silver standard for quality performance against the Pride Trooper. If Vegeta is going to give any kind of spectacle then his performance should reasonably match the same quality of effort displayed by Hit.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 am

JulieYBM wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Vegeta shall survive because this tournament will unfortunately continue on for at least another ten episodes.
At the pace things have been progressing, it'll be down to 7 minutes by the beginning of 122, so the fighting should only last 4-7 episodes at most after that if they run out the clock.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:44 am

I think it'll be that typical Dragon Ball thing where Jiren doesn't try, which allows us to have the illusion of a good fight with great animation from Takahashi and the like. But then at the end Jiren pulls the classic "jk lulz here's 50% of my power" and Vegeta receives the oh so sweet curb stomp that he's famous for.

As far as what I WANT to happen, I'd love for Vegeta to go in with some sort of clever plan that ALMOST actually works. That way, he wouldn't come off us an arrogant dumbass like he usually does, and it would leave most Vegeta fans somewhat satisfied even though he didn't win.

I don't see any way Vegeta doesn't get KO'd, fam. It would be terrible writing for literally anything else to happen. Either A) Vegeta somehow randomly beats Jiren or B) Jiren "beats" Vegeta but doesn't knock him off. Both of these options would be TERRIBLE writing, so we've gotta hope that he loses if we don't want this climax to be hot garbage.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:57 am

If Vegeta goes before Gohan that will be terrible for me.

I don't think that he will be knocked out on episode 122, but i think he will be severely beaten, and maybe will figure out how to do the UI

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Kanious wrote:If Vegeta goes before Gohan that will be terrible for me.

I don't think that he will be knocked out on episode 122, but i think he will be severely beaten, and maybe will figure out how to do the UI
Honestly order doesn't matter so much as your showing. Hit went out before Cabba but obviously Hit is 1000000x the fighter Cabba is.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Clearly Vegeta has something up his sleeve. Why would Vegeta get a whole episode about his fight with Jiren if Jiren is so much stronger than him unless he has something that could help him put up a fight. Plus Yuya is animating so something big might happen.

And they have been hinting at Vegeta getting Offensive UI so i think he could briefly get UI and survive.

The last 4 will be Golden Freeza, Blue Goku, and Blue Vegeta vs Jiren. Maybe Vegito will come.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:20 pm

I just want Vegeta to get his ass kicked the old-fashioned way. He's long overdue for that.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:31 pm

Lionel wrote:If Kale can somehow be spared elimination when she was incapacitated by Jiren then Vegeta should be given the same conceivable prospect of making it through the fight. The odds don't look all too great for him but the precedent is there. Plus, his character does still have the element of representing Goku's longest living rival who has undergone the same trials and efforts as he has to reach this point. At the very least we can hope for a more dignified and capable fight than what Maji Kayo received when he made a move against Jiren. Hit remains the silver standard for quality performance against the Pride Trooper. If Vegeta is going to give any kind of spectacle then his performance should reasonably match the same quality of effort displayed by Hit.
Outside of Cage of Time, Hit's performance was worse than SSB Goku's. Physically he did nothing SSB Goku didn't do. Vegeta doesn't have had like Hit and is raw power oriented. So he'd really need to outperform both Goku and Hit.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Clearly Vegeta has something up his sleeve. Why would Vegeta get a whole episode about his fight with Jiren if Jiren is so much stronger than him unless he has something that could help him put up a fight. Plus Yuya is animating so something big might happen.

And they have been hinting at Vegeta getting Offensive UI so i think he could briefly get UI and survive.

The last 4 will be Golden Freeza, Blue Goku, and Blue Vegeta vs Jiren. Maybe Vegito will come.
I don't see UI Vegeta happening but I'd love to be wrong. But I absolutely don't see Vegetto happening this saga.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:45 pm

As long as Vegeta has an awesome fight. I dont mind if he gets eliminated. Ofcourse, he can have a awesome fight with Jiren and not be eliminated also.

What id love to see is FP Gohan vs Dyspo and Toppo vs Golden Freeza.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Artorias wrote:I think it'll be that typical Dragon Ball thing where Jiren doesn't try, which allows us to have the illusion of a good fight with great animation from Takahashi and the like. But then at the end Jiren pulls the classic "jk lulz here's 50% of my power" and Vegeta receives the oh so sweet curb stomp that he's famous for.

As far as what I WANT to happen, I'd love for Vegeta to go in with some sort of clever plan that ALMOST actually works. That way, he wouldn't come off us an arrogant dumbass like he usually does, and it would leave most Vegeta fans somewhat satisfied even though he didn't win.

I don't see any way Vegeta doesn't get KO'd, fam. It would be terrible writing for literally anything else to happen. Either A) Vegeta somehow randomly beats Jiren or B) Jiren "beats" Vegeta but doesn't knock him off. Both of these options would be TERRIBLE writing, so we've gotta hope that he loses if we don't want this climax to be hot garbage.
Terrible writing? You mean like how Jiren didn't knock off Kale and Goku when he had the chance? Face it this show is full of awful writing. Seeing as this arc is confirmed to last until March that means we still have at least 10+ episodes left of this tournament. I can't see Vegeta being out so soon when we still have quite a bit of episodes left.