A critical review of episode 119

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

A critical review of episode 119

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:50 am

To start U4 doesn't deliver the hype,not even a bit.

The Abilities now I think about them are not anything special.The prodigal martial arts characters of U7 having difficulty against invisibility is laughable when Yamcha was able to figure how to deal with a invisible guy.
Shanta's ability seems useless cause it requires victim to be in a specific area and it doesn't do anything other than creating false images.Darcori's ability for instance was far better and now I think why was Roshi putting so much thought in dealing with a invisible person and tiny person when he has defeated a much difficult opponent.

The Techniques continue to be boring and unimaginative. I have yet to see a original move outside of 17 from U7, they haven't even invented a new ki blast. Even most of other universes seem to have generic techniques outside few like Obuni and Darcori's.

They also seem to Rehash a lot of things from Og dragon ball while forgetting that Og dragon ball was just the beginning of martial artists that has been taught and surpassed gods.Like I mentioned above how ridiculous it feels for them to be struggling against invisibility.
Speaking of which demon explosive wave able to cover a whole island when king piccolo used it. So, even if attack potency of current one was better it should still be able to cover most of arena since piccolo is much stronger and I don't have to mention that the one used by king piccolo was still able to greatly injure goku so it's attack potency was always good.

Now, most importantly Piccolo's elimination felt forced along with a lot of other things I mentioned above. The most careful guy with best ears and stretchy arms gets eliminated by an opponent which should be most easy to deal by using hearing. Now, I am not sure about this but hasn't ki sensing able to tell the size of opponent and even if it isn't the case getting eliminated felt forced.
Overall I will give this episode 5/10. due to lame abilities/techniques,rehashes, ridiculous excuses and katpolesla getting eliminated
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: A critical review of episode 119

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 am

Please use the respective episode discussion threads while adhering to the community guidelines.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::