What do you think is the worse ssj form?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What do you think is the worse ssj form?

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:So you dislike every form but SSJ and SSJ2?
Pretty much. Although False Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God are, like I said, acceptable to my taste.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:15 am

I don't dislike any form at all, but there's a few I don't care about. False super saiyan was just a golden kaio-ken and nothing else, super saiyan third stage was anti-climatic and made Future Trunks seem pathetic, super saiyan rage was an asspull and made Future Trunks seem too glorified, berserker super saiyan made Kale an unbearable Broly homage machine in every appearance she made with it, I'm not fond of super saiyan god's design (barring episode 114), and super saiyan blue has a tendency of looking bad without its aura during Super unlike rosé.

Wasn't expecting SSJ2, my favorite form, to be that disliked here. I shall now ignite a riot.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:05 am

Lord Beerus wrote:It's a three way tie between Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan Grade Three.

Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan Grade Three have a quite undesirable appearances and are very impractical in battle. And Super Saiyan 2 fails to look distinctive on anyone other than Kid Gohan.
I have to agree with you man. Those forms either hard to tell, animate, or useless.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:22 am

Hands down its Grade 3. It's the single most redundant and worthless transformation in the series.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:09 am

Super Saiyan 2 is shit. SSB post-ROF also looks lazy, but when done well it looks pretty good.

Oh, and Super Saiyan Rage, of course. Worst form by all means, if anything it just looks cooler than SS2 and that's it. Should have never existed, specially because it was one of the reasons that made FTrunks in the anime lame.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:57 am

Super Saiyan God. Ugly, unfitting, mismatched, lazy design with an unimaginative story background and achivement requirements (6 "good" Saiyans, how convinient... why not 12 or 2837462?).

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:54 pm

SSj 2 in anyone that it's not Gohan. I mean, with him it was meaningful but with everyone else?..... meh
SSj rage may be annoying for not being acknowledged in universe but at least it had some emotion behind it.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Worst for use is obviously ussj2, it is effectively useless, since all it does is increase ur strength. Compared to say ssj3, which increases ur durability,speed and strength equally. So ssj3 is the best when facing a very strong opponent(unless u gotssg or ssj blue). Look wise, it is ssj2, except for gohan, there is no change.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Super Saiyan Caulifla.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yet, there are only differences in Gohan, according to everyone. :roll: There are differences in Goku and Z Gohan too, no matter if they are minimal, they both have differences.

~ Day of the Machines ~

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:06 pm

Easily SSJ3.
The amount of hair is ridiculous, uses a lot of stamina and it never won a fight. Except in Wrath of the Dragon Movie and that was thanks to an asspull move.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Honestly, there is no SSJ form I dislike. Contrary to some comments I really like SSJ2 a lot, because it's simple and efficient, basically SSJ1 more polished with a bit different hair et lightnings which makes it looks cool IMO
SSJ3 is considered grotesque by some but I personally like it a lot, even if I can get the criticism about some kind of overbet. SSJ4 kinda went this road too BTW.
This is also why I was never bothered by recolors, I know a lot here say it's lazy but like I said elsewhere it's simple and efficient way to instantly show power difference, I love it.
If you had told me before the Zamasu arc about a pink SSJ I would have directly said something like "no way this would look good", welp... Almost all loved Goku black in SSJR me included.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:[...]Yet, there are only differences in Gohan, according to everyone. :roll: There are differences in Goku and Z Gohan too, no matter if they are minimal, they both have differences.
I think it's easy to spot the difference between SS1 and SS2 for most characters when you know what you're looking for. Of course, there are some exceptions where the hair really doesn't have a consistent change, mainly Vegeta, but I think most people who can't tell the two apart just have the problem of not knowing what differences to look for.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Alruneia wrote:I think it's easy to spot the difference between SS1 and SS2 for most characters when you know what you're looking for. Of course, there are some exceptions where the hair really doesn't have a consistent change, mainly Vegeta
The differences go only unnoticeable on Vegeta and Dragon Ball Super Gohan. That alone isn't enough to say Super Saiyan 2 is the worst form, even though people use it to say so.
Alruneia wrote:I think most people who can't tell the two apart just have the problem of not knowing what differences to look for
Yeah, I think so too.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah, SSj2 definitely isn't distinct only for teen kid Gohan, even though in his case the difference in appearance is the most visible by far. Goku and Caulifla also look unmistakably different in their SSj2 forms, that is provided they are properly drawn. Luckily Toei has been consistent in drawing Goku's proper SSj2 hair, at least recently. There have been instances in Z where they didn't draw his hair properly, like his fight against Majin Vegeta for example. That said, Caulifla's hair is more distinct than Goku's, being second only to kid Gohan's hairstyle.

Vegeta, Cabba, anime Future Trunks and anime Kefla are the Saiyans who practically don't look any different in SSj2, so I guess your concerns are somewhat valid - there are more Saiyans with no distinguishing features in SSj2 than there are with those :(

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 pm

"Somewhat"? I don't think so. If we look at games, there are also Gogeta, Vegetto and Future Trunks (Dokkan Battle)/Xeno Trunks (Dragon Ball Heroes), their Super Saiyan 2 are visibly different from their Super Saiyan forms.

There's also Super Saiyan 2 Gotenks, albeit it's only one frame in Dragon Ball Z, but it still shows us an indeed somewhat difference between his Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2.

So yeah, only Vegeta, Cabba, anime Future Trunks and anime Kafla the ones who practically don't look any different like you said, aren't enough to play the form down the way it's been doing here.

~ Day of the Machines ~

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:16 pm

SSJ3. The form never actually beat anyone outright and has the most disadvantages. It has the most ki consumption and takes up the most stamina and while there is a substantial power/speed boost, all have been superceded by SSJG and SSJB. There is literally no reason to use SSJ3 anymore. Goku still uses SSJ2 to some extent when trying to measure up his opponent but very rarely SSJ3 for good reason