Piccolo's fight

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo's fight

Post by SsjCookie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm

Okay, it's official...Japan hates bald people , Piccolo is the next BALD person to be eliminated and I won't be very surprised if Freeza will be the next. :wtf:

Anywho, what do we think of his elimination?
His fight was okay, but why against an invisible opponent and a bug? couldn't they give him a more relevant opponent?
I was greatly reminded of his fight against Goku in DB at the Budukai when he blows up the entire station, sigh...now THAT was a real fight.
This fight however was a shadow of the one in DB and it didn't do Piccolo any honour.

He got "PUSHED" off the platform by a bug for god sakes, he deserved a way better battle at the end. :cry:
So no, I'm not happy with how things are going so far.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Piccolo's elimination

Post by Bullza » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm fine with it.

Considering that Piccolo has eliminated five of the fighters in this Tournament and prior to it, Piccolo hadn't actually beaten anyone at all since....Android 20? Then that to me takes precedence over how he lost which was just ordinary.

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo's fight

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:41 pm

Him getting eliminated? I expected it.

How it was done is what bothers me. Like they couldn't be bothered to think up of a better method for him to underestimate his opponent. They did such a good job to show his smarts up until then.

But I'm not going to lie that him falling before the androids rubs me the wrong way, but that's just my bias.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:37 pm

He's had a good innings, better than I expected, as with Krillin, Tien and Roshi.

I can understand why they went for that method of elimination, wanting to heighten the gravity of that particular situation, but I think they needed to do more of it to make it more effective.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm going to argue that his participation for this tournament was middle of the road -- not quite great but not bad per se. I most certainly wish more could have been done with his combat abilities and his purported strategic composure in battle. He felt like more of a subsidiary than a centre focus throughout many of the episodes he was in. Just because he received a bundle of eliminations to add to his tallies doesn't equate to having an exceptional tenure in the fights. Most of the fights themselves were of a relatively low quality with the exception of Saonel and Pirina -- even then you could tell obvious about his playing second fiddle in the physical altercations. From a narrative perspective they handled his encounter with the Namekians quite nicely. I just wish more could have been with his physical skills.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm

More definitely could have been done for Piccolo, but I honestly don't see how he's got it bad overall this saga with where he ended up. Nothing spectacular, but not utterly abysmal either. His performance was average.

I wish they'd focus more and actually make him a fighter who creates techniques and abilities to further support this idea that he's the "Strategist of Universe 7." Cause at the moment, just the way they're presented, I get a better sense of how tactical Goku, Kuririn, and Roshi are for example than I do Piccolo.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:09 pm

I liked the opponents, it was good ideas for enemies IMO but yeah I wish he would have lost with a bit more class lol

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 pm

I think peoples expectations for Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, etc. was too high. For what they got, except for Tien, was decent enough.

The main focus was the Saiyans as usual, whatever they do with Freeza, and 17 and 18 got some generous spotlight due to how little focus they got after the Cell arc.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:02 am

He was treated better than he's being treated for a long time,but I did not like his treatment aside from a few like kami and nail scene.It was like they were just doing it for sake of doing it like"Hey folks,piccolo and gohan are close and piccolo can use special beam cannon,masenko,hellzone grenade,demon explosive wave and now he's going out,bye."
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball