Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official "DB (Super) 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm

STH wrote:I think he is new villain;

(Dragon Ball Legends Trailer;
https://youtu.be/sL1aH6exacA )
Definitely!!! There’s no doubt in my mind about that.

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:02 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
STH wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:What's the reasoning behind a videogame character being this new movie villan?
This new character was designed by Toriyama.

And his armor is the same as in the movie trailer;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No similarity

The skin color is different. The villain from the teaser has purple pants and a green cloth wrapped around his waste. He also has SSJ4 type eyes.
End of this trailer,
https://youtu.be/X99GrPOcM1A
His eyes:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In movie trailer;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also, his armor has a green core in it like U7 Saiyan armor but the guy from DBLegends has U6 type clothes.
Maybe you're right :D
Last edited by STH on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
STH wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:What's the reasoning behind a videogame character being this new movie villan?
This new character was designed by Toriyama.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No similarity

The skin color is different. The villain from the teaser has purple pants and a green cloth wrapped around his waste. He also has SSJ4 type eyes. Also, his armor has a green core in it like U7 Saiyan armor but the guy from DBLegends has U6 type clothes.
I believe that’s just for the teaser trailer only. They’ve done shit like this before. Where things in the TT didn’t end up looking the same in the actual finished product.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 pm

When comparing the new villain’s armor, you see that it resembles the newest armor from RoF
It’s not the best shot but he has the white line that curves near the bottom of the armor from Shisami but instead of having his abs showing, he has purple Saiyan tights. He has a green plate in the center of his armor like Tagoma’s and Shisami’s armor and the wrist bands are also similar.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:12 pm

The gr wrote:Damn a worldwide release, that is a smart move from I'm curious to see how this fare in comparison to the other movies in December.
No mainline Star Wars movie this year so it should do good

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 pm

STH wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
STH wrote: This new character was designed by Toriyama.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No similarity

The skin color is different. The villain from the teaser has purple pants and a green cloth wrapped around his waste. He also has SSJ4 type eyes.
End of this trailer,
https://youtu.be/X99GrPOcM1A
His eyes:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In movie trailer;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Also, his armor has a green core in it like U7 Saiyan armor but the guy from DBLegends has U6 type clothes.
Maybe you're right :D
Well, its been said that the game would collab with the movie but we don’t know in what way. It could be that the guy in DBLegends is a young version of the antagonist in the movie. Maybe the mysterious villain for DBLegends has something to do with the movie.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Really enjoying the art style so far, hope to see more of it as time goes on. Watched the teaser a few times now and love that part at the beginning of Goku just bouncing around. It just looks so damn fluid!
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:33 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:When comparing the new villain’s armor, you see that it resembles the newest armor from RoF
It’s not the best shot but he has the white line that curves near the bottom of the armor from Shisami but instead of having his abs showing, he has purple Saiyan tights. He has a green plate in the center of his armor like Tagoma’s and Shisami’s armor and the wrist bands are also similar.
Pretty interesting. But that begs the question on whether or not he's from U7. Just as you said, those are the most current Frieza Army armor designs so there's no way this new Saiyan is time-displaced (if he was, then where was he hiding for years until after the ToP?). Though, it could be a Future Trunks situation in which he came from an alternate timeline lol.

I dunno.
Feels over Reals.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "DB 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:35 pm

A worldwide release?

This new movie will take place after the end of Super. Are they sure that all the countries Super is being broadcasted right now will have finished airing all 131 episodes by December 2018?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Will Sumitomo return to do the score or will they get someone else just for this movie?

Imagine someone like Yuki Hayashi doing the soundtrack. That would make me go insane. He did the music for One Piece FIlm: Gold so it's a possibility.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Will Sumitomo return to do the score or will they get someone else just for this movie?

Imagine someone like Yuki Hayashi doing the soundtrack. That would make me go insane. He did the music for One Piece FIlm: Gold so it's a possibility.
I sure hope so! There ain’t no great dragon ball product without Sumitomo!

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Will Sumitomo return to do the score or will they get someone else just for this movie?

Yeah, I loved his work in the Universe Survival arc so I'd be more than happy to see him return.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Oh man, holy CRAP does that new trailer look pretty. I can't wait to get a full trailer and see even more characters featured and some more action scenes. It's so great to see something so fluid, but doing so without losing absolutely every bit of detail like, say, the Naruto/Pain fight. What this teaser showed is like perfectly in the middle ground, so if the whole movie looks like that, I am HYPED.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Ajay

Re: Official "DB 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
No, it's so that the computer can easily detect and replicate shapes for animation and transitions and do the work for them automatically. They save a lot of time and money that way, but the drawbacks are obvious. It's cheap, in the truest sense of the word.
This is entirely untrue. Please don't make things up. Automated tweens have nothing to do with loose designs. Even if they did, Dragon Ball's key animation is not digital.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:

Yeah, I loved his work in the Universe Survival arc so I'd be more than happy to see him return.
I’m looking forward to whatever the insert song for the movie is gonna be

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Also, his armor has a green core in it like U7 Saiyan armor but the guy from DBLegends has U6 type clothes.
That's because it has been said Universe 7 Saiyans wore suits similar to Cabba's prior to Freeza's army providing their own armors. The suit that the Saiyan from Dragon Ball Legends wears looks pretty similar to Cabba, so it might be it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 pm

I mentioned this a few pages ago, I would definitley like to see him take a stab at making music for Dragon Ball
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:

I mentioned this a few pages ago, I would definitley like to see him take a stab at making music for Dragon Ball
We'll get our very own version of 'You Say Run' similar to how Film: Gold got that through the track 'Daigyakuten'. That would be a dream come true.

Seeing as to how this movie is fulfilling so many of my dreams that I thought would never happen for this franchise, Yuki Hayashi doing the soundtrack doesn't sound far-fetched at all. :lol:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 pm

STH wrote:I think he is new villain;
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Dragon Ball Legends Trailer
That would be terrible! Look at his design he's just a Gohan with savage hair, ugh.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Imagine someone like Yuki Hayashi doing the soundtrack. That would make me go insane. He did the music for One Piece FIlm: Gold so it's a possibility.
He's good, but I would prefer Noriyuki Asakura or even Seiji Yokoyama, but unfortunately he departed last year.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.