Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vados_chan
Banned

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Vados_chan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:52 am

People who don't like the tail coming back clearly hate fun :think: , i for one cannot wait to see canon Golden Oozaru or SSJ with golden fur

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 am

I’m still confused on the whole original Super Saiyan God thing and how it relates to the saiyan transformation of legend. I need to go back and rewatch it.

A fun idea i had about the original SSG transformation is that it was a form used to stop the Brody like transformation. Or maybe the transformation we will see the other saiyan uses in the movie.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:27 am

Vados_chan wrote:People who don't like the tail coming back clearly hate fun :think: , i for one cannot wait to see canon Golden Oozaru or SSJ with golden fur
Bringing the tail back alone brings the possibility of some form of an Oozaru return or the speculated integration of SSJ4 into the canon but in a different way. I mean, all they had to do was change LSSJ to SSBerserk and the form was Gucci. They can easily do the same for SSJ4.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 am

Vados_chan wrote:People who don't like the tail coming back clearly hate fun :think: , i for one cannot wait to see canon Golden Oozaru or SSJ with golden fur
where are the people who dont like the tails?

Id love to see this as a means of bringing in a super saiyan 4 like form into canon

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am

emperior wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:How I predict the fight in the movie will go:

Goku uses all of his forms up to SSJB Kaio-ken x20 against the villain but still loses. Vegeta rediscovers the SSJBE form and does better but also ultimately loses. Just as it seems the villain is about to kill them, Goku rediscovers Ultra Instinct and easily defeats him. In the end the villain is weaker than Jiren.
Question is who's going to be the sacrificial lamb and hype the new villain up as a legit threat? My money's on Vegeta
Vegeta being the sacrificial lamb would be nothing new and wouldn't hype up the villain, unless Vegeta gets beaten after achieving Ultra Instinct.
It must be either Beerus, Jiren or even a Angel.
Yea thinking about it again, guessing who becomes the jobber is kinda difficult. Despite being the protagonist Goku has been sent in to get destroyed on multiple occasions. Probably even more than Vegeta :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:13 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:I’m still confused on the whole original Super Saiyan God thing and how it relates to the saiyan transformation of legend. I need to go back and rewatch it.

A fun idea i had about the original SSG transformation is that it was a form used to stop the Brody like transformation. Or maybe the transformation we will see the other saiyan uses in the movie.
Do you mean how the Legendary Super Saiyan relates to Super Saiyan God? Because that was covered in an interview with Toriyama' a few months ago.

The movie doesn't explain that one.

I've explained it plenty already, but if it means less people misunderstanding, I'd be willing to explain it again if need be.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:43 pm

I’m willing to bet that the saiyan for his movie either has SSBerserk and/or an SSJ4 looking form. If he really was frozen on Earth, that would kinda disappoint me because it would lessen the chances of the U6 saiyans getting involved. Maybe the events of the movie happen to take place sometime when Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba are visiting Earth in U7. Also, they said that Toriyama would be designing many new saiyans so chances are that there will be more than just one saiyan villain.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:36 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:I’m still confused on the whole original Super Saiyan God thing and how it relates to the saiyan transformation of legend. I need to go back and rewatch it.

Do you mean how the Legendary Super Saiyan relates to Super Saiyan God? Because that was covered in an interview with Toriyama' a few months ago.

The movie doesn't explain that one.

I've explained it plenty already, but if it means less people misunderstanding, I'd be willing to explain it again if need be.
I didn’t see it. I’ll go back and check it out

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I’m willing to bet that the saiyan for his movie either has SSBerserk and/or an SSJ4 looking form. If he really was frozen on Earth, that would kinda disappoint me because it would lessen the chances of the U6 saiyans getting involved. Maybe the events of the movie happen to take place sometime when Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba are visiting Earth in U7. Also, they said that Toriyama would be designing many new saiyans so chances are that there will be more than just one saiyan villain.
If it’s a SSJ4 looking form, I’m all game for that. An alternative way of getting to a certain level of power aside from deity ki is ideal. It opens a lot more doors and allows them to not have to completely throw away the SSJ4 concept. Maybe they’ll try to bridge GT by redoing the arcs in a better fashion?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 am

Do you guys want a subtitle for the movie? Personally I am fine with DBS the movie.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:23 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Do you guys want a subtitle for the movie? Personally I am fine with DBS the movie.
I do. Makes it more memorable. And with how Toei thinks DBS is big enough for them to start using the DBS title for a movie instead of just Dragon ball or Dragon Ball Z plus the fact that they spent about a year making a new character style for the dbs movie makes me think that the next series will keep the DBS name.

Its already big enough and why make a new style but label it as a DBS style and then have the next series use the style but not be dbs? So I think the next series will be DBS and that means we’ll get more DBS movies, so yeah, they should give this a more descriptive title than just DBS the movie.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Do you guys want a subtitle for the movie? Personally I am fine with DBS the movie.
I'm fine with it just being called "Dragon Ball Super: The Movie" but I expect a subtitle since every Dragon Ball movie has had a subtitle.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:39 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
I do. Makes it more memorable. And with how Toei thinks DBS is big enough for them to start using the DBS title for a movie instead of just Dragon ball or Dragon Ball Z plus the fact that they spent about a year making a new character style for the dbs movie makes me think that the next series will keep the DBS name.

Its already big enough and why make a new style but label it as a DBS style and then have the next series use the style but not be dbs? So I think the next series will be DBS and that means we’ll get more DBS movies, so yeah, they should give this a more descriptive title than just DBS the movie.
I agree with you. They wouldn't have made new character designs if they weren't going to use it for Super. I also want a subtitle for the movie as well because it will make it easier to remember.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

I do if only for the ease of discussion. Something that has a simple, easy to identify abbreviation like BoG or RoF

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 pm

The title might give away the name of the new Saiyan (or the villain, if the Saiyan isn't the bad guy). So that might be why we don't have one yet.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:00 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/s ... 04/photo/1

Not sure of this says anything new. This stuff popped up on the most time inconvenient day for me so I don't have that big chunk of time I'd need to translate. There's no new visuals, so.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:03 am

In the first announcement of the movie, wasn't it suggested the title would be: "Saiyans, the strongest race of the universe"?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 am

Mister_Popo wrote:In the first announcement of the movie, wasn't it suggested the title would be: "Saiyans, the strongest race of the universe"?
No, they just talked about Saiyans being the strongest race in the universe.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:50 pm

So nothing new in that scan from what Ajay's Twitter said. :(

Going back to movie mode is something else. I mean the upside is presumably now I have one less thing to distract me from focusing on more important stuff, plus I still have seasonal shows, but it's still a little rough of a transition.

My Japanese language knowledge is way better than it was is BOG and F, but I still can't cursory glance at something with that much kanji yet and say yeah this has nothing new.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:54 pm

We've just had a teaser. I wouldn't expect news until July or August, to be honest.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~