Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Saiga » Fri May 25, 2018 3:14 pm

PFM18 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: I don't think Goku or Vegeta will get one, but unless the new Saiyan is also some kind of hybrid, I'd say the gold eyes and weird green aura are signs that he almost certainly will.
I expect a least one new form in every story in Super.
So Universe 6 doesnt mean anything to you?
The anime has Blue Kaio-ken
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Saiga wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I expect a least one new form in every story in Super.
So Universe 6 doesnt mean anything to you?
The anime has Blue Kaio-ken
........yeah except that isnt a new form?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm

It may as well be for how it's used.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri May 25, 2018 6:03 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:What are the odds of a new transformation debut in this movie?

I don't think we'll see a new form. I think at the very least we'll see a return of Ultra Instinct by the very end, very briefly. Even if it's just the Omen form.

I could see him spending most of the fight as SSJ/SSJ2, then pushing to God, then going to Blue before maybe using Kaioken with it. It's all gonna depend on the enemy

Now for the new Saiyan, he's probably gonna get something we haven't seen. Every Saiyan movie villain before has. Turles got the amp from the fruit, Broly had LSSJ. This new Saiyan will probably get something

If this "villain' represents something i expect shifting to Blue quite fast, also because it's the dominant form in the Super anime.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Giving Goku and/or Vegeta a new form in this movie would be pretty lame, in my opinion. Give the bad guy his own unique transformation by all means, but don’t give a new form for the heroes right after UI.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Giving Goku and/or Vegeta a new form in this movie would be pretty lame, in my opinion. Give the bad guy his own unique transformation by all means, but don’t give a new form for the heroes right after UI.
With ancient saiyans and U6 saiyans, they have much more freedom. Maybe for ancient saiyans, they had a transformation in their gene’s but it eventually died out. And for U6 saiyans, just say that due to evolving, they’ve unlocked a different kind of saiyan form
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 am

I don't doubt for a second that the antagonist will have a transformation of his own. The fun part is speculating what it'll look like.

I'm banking on golden eyes and green hair. That's probably not the most imaginative guess in the world, but it fits Toriyama's minimalism/color motifs for many of his recent designs so I'd say it's at least plausible.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 am

Marlowe89 wrote:I don't doubt for a second that the antagonist will have a transformation of his own. The fun part is speculating what it'll look like.

I'm banking on golden eyes and green hair. That's probably not the most imaginative guess in the world, but it fits Toriyama's minimalism/color motifs for many of his recent designs so I'd say it's at least plausible.
What's better than recolor?
Swap color
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:25 am

It is VERY likely that Goku will re-tapp into Ultra Instinct mode in the upcoming movie. Because, why wouldn’t he, right? It’s the new hot thing now. That said, i could see Goku obtaining SSJ Blue Evolution aswell. It’s definitely possible. As for Vegeta, we will most likely see him transforming into SSJ Blue Evolution aswell.

This new Saiyan will likely have a completely new and unique transformation to him. Likely with golden eyes and green aura.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat May 26, 2018 1:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:It is VERY likely that Goku will re-tapp into Ultra Instinct mode in the upcoming movie. Because, why wouldn’t he, right? It’s the new hot thing now. That said, i could see Goku obtaining SSJ Blue Evolution aswell. It’s definitely possible. As for Vegeta, we will most likely see him transforming into SSJ Blue Evolution aswell.

This new Saiyan will likely have a completely new and unique transformation to him. Likely with golden eyes and green aura.
Nah. Goku wouldn't get Super Saiyan Blue Evolution. That was Vegeta's way of catching up with Goku's Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken. There isn't really much point in giving it to Goku. It would take away a unique trait of Vegeta and wouldn't make Goku any stronger. I also kinda doubt that either of the anime-only transformations will make it in.

Yeah, I think that the mysterious Saiyan will have a more primal form of Super Saiyan Berserker. Beefed up, green aura, yellow eyes, dark green hair. I'm betting it'll be called Ancient Super Saiyan.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:It is VERY likely that Goku will re-tapp into Ultra Instinct mode in the upcoming movie. Because, why wouldn’t he, right? It’s the new hot thing now. That said, i could see Goku obtaining SSJ Blue Evolution aswell. It’s definitely possible. As for Vegeta, we will most likely see him transforming into SSJ Blue Evolution aswell.

Nah. Goku wouldn't get Super Saiyan Blue Evolution. That was Vegeta's way of catching up with Goku's Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken. There isn't really much point in giving it to Goku. It would take away a unique trait of Vegeta and wouldn't make Goku any stronger. I also kinda doubt that either of the anime-only transformations will make it in.

Yeah, I think that the mysterious Saiyan will have a more primal form of Super Saiyan Berserker. Beefed up, green aura, yellow eyes, dark green hair. I'm betting it'll be called Ancient Super Saiyan.
I understand your point. However, i don’t see any other reason why they chose to make Goku incapable of accessing Ultra Instinct at will after the tournament. Which leads me to believe the writers want Goku to “better himself” even further before he finally masters the form. And this is where Super Saiyan Blue Evolution comes in.

Ofcourse i would still have Vegeta stronger than Goku, since he got it first and has already received another power up in that form, to the point where he was able to defeat a God of Destruction.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat May 26, 2018 2:08 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

I understand your point. However, i don’t see any other reason why they chose to make Goku incapable of accessing Ultra Instinct at will after the tournament. Which leads me to believe the writers want Goku to “better himself” even further before he finally masters the form. And this is where Super Saiyan Blue Evolution comes in.

Ofcourse i would still have Vegeta stronger than Goku, since he got it first and has already received another power up in that form, to the point where he was able to defeat a God of Destruction.
Bootleg God of Destruction you mean.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:14 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:

I think it will in corporate God Ki, saiyan ape aspects, and ssberserk aspects. My name for it would be Primal Saiyan God. Basically SSGod, ssj4, and legendary super saiyan all in one.

The ultimate fan-service form.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Anyone going to the official DB Tour 2018? They are going to 7 cities and there's supposed to be an exclusive PV for the movie. The first stop is in San Diego on July 19th. I'm going to the one in Toronto but it won't be until August 30th. My friend has a wedding too on Sept. 1st, so I can only attend for 2 days. Toei Animation is going to be there so we'll see actual animators not just voice actors like in Kcon. There will be a lot more exclusive merch as well. I never went to Kcon, but if I had to spend money to fly to another city, I'd rather go to San Diego. The San Diego Convention Center is more than twice the size of the Irving Convention Center.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat May 26, 2018 3:35 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Anyone going to the official DB Tour 2018? They are going to 7 cities and there's supposed to be an exclusive PV for the movie. The first stop is in San Diego on July 19th. I'm going to the one in Toronto but it won't be until August 30th. My friend has a wedding too on Sept. 1st, so I can only attend for 2 days. Toei Animation is going to be there so we'll see actual animators not just voice actors like in Kcon. There will be a lot more exclusive merch as well. I never went to Kcon, but if I had to spend money to fly to another city, I'd rather go to San Diego. The San Diego Convention Center is more than twice the size of the Irving Convention Center.
If it stops in Utah, maybe.
Feels over Reals.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:04 am

IndieBooToo wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:

This is entirely your opinion and not a fact. I can’t believe people would go this far to deny that Vegeta is God of Destruction level by falsely claiming that Toppo is a far weaker GoD than all the others just because he recently transformed into one. There is NO evidence whatsoever that he is physically weaker than all the others, especially when there IS evidence to the contrary with Vermoud saying that Toppo is now “No different than a God of Destruction.”

I guess some fans really don’t like the idea that Vegeta is indeed God of Destruction level.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sun May 27, 2018 12:28 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: I understand your point. However, i don’t see any other reason why they chose to make Goku incapable of accessing Ultra Instinct at will after the tournament. Which leads me to believe the writers want Goku to “better himself” even further before he finally masters the form. And this is where Super Saiyan Blue Evolution comes in.

This is entirely your opinion and not a fact. I can’t believe people would go this far to deny that Vegeta is God of Destruction level by falsely claiming that Toppo is a far weaker GoD than all the others just because he recently transformed into one. There is NO evidence whatsoever that he is physically weaker than all the others, especially when there IS evidence to the contrary with Vermoud saying that Toppo is now “No different than a God of Destruction.”

I guess some fans really don’t like the idea that Vegeta is indeed God of Destruction level.
It is fact. Believing otherwise is pure delusion and fanboyism. Vegeta isn't GoD tier and neither is Toppo. Toppo was a bootleg. All Belmod meant was Toppo can shoot Hakai like a GoD can which makes sense since he is a candidate.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: I understand your point. However, i don’t see any other reason why they chose to make Goku incapable of accessing Ultra Instinct at will after the tournament. Which leads me to believe the writers want Goku to “better himself” even further before he finally masters the form. And this is where Super Saiyan Blue Evolution comes in.

Beerus thought that Jiren and Mastered UI might be his level, that's a long ways away from Vegeta.

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 am

Guys, I wonder when we can watch this move after its released?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:

Beerus thought that Jiren and Mastered UI might be his level, that's a long ways away from Vegeta.

What makes the Gods such a difficult opponent in battle is their Hakai-technique, but in terms of power level there probably are major differences.
Toppo is just below Blue Evo, where as Beerus and Belmod probably are Omen-UI-range. Sidra however could be much weaker and only Blue / Blue Kaioken x 2-level.

The fact is ... we don't know for sure where they are. Besides Toppo we haven't seen a God in action 'fighting for his life'.

I personally like the idea there are Gods that still can match (M)UI, because it still makes them valable opponents in later Arcs. I wouldn't be surprised Liquior, Belmod or Geene are still a lot stronger than we might think. They are simply too badass to ignore in future arcs. I don't think Toriyama designed them as decoration and i do assume he has future plans with them.