Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:52 pm

I guess this is the first time people aren’t extremely hyped for an upcoming movie. It’s fully understandable ofcourse. Since the other two movies came out when we didn’t have anything else, and now we just had an entire show these last few years. Also the fact that this movie is still so far away, and major news isn’t expected any time soon is what makes us not really all that hyped.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pm

The TOP was very much my own Endless Eight; it wore me out and went on what felt like forever sometimes. That's why I haven't felt much like theorizing lately. Theorizing in the early days of a db arc/movie is one of my favorite things usually.

Though things could change once we learn more about the movie's plot. Whenever that'll be.

Subnote: means I only enjoyed like a third of the TOP arc's content, which isn't much considering how long that arc was.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:The TOP was very much my own Endless Eight; it wore me out and went on what felt like forever sometimes. That's why I haven't felt much like theorizing lately. Theorizing in the early days of a db arc/movie is one of my favorite things usually.

Though things could change once we learn more about the movie's plot. Whenever that'll be.

Subnote: means I only enjoyed like a third of the TOP arc's content, which isn't much considering how long that arc was.
That's fair. I did feel like it felt dragged at some points, but that we didn't spend too much time in others. I liked it for the most part overall, but I get where you're coming from.

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Can't wait!
El Conejo Malo

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:The TOP was very much my own Endless Eight; it wore me out and went on what felt like forever sometimes. That's why I haven't felt much like theorizing lately. Theorizing in the early days of a db arc/movie is one of my favorite things usually.

Well, I'm sad that you didn't enjoy that arc at all. I liked the TOP but I understand the problems that it had. I hope that when a trailer finally comes out, you will be ready to feel hyped about Dragon Ball again.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 pm

majinwarman wrote:

Well, I'm sad that you didn't enjoy that arc at all. I liked the TOP but I understand the problems that it had. I hope that when a trailer finally comes out, you will be ready to feel hyped about Dragon Ball again.
Aw man, I purposely threw that subnote into my post clarifying what I meant and the post was still misinterpreted? :(

Please don't hyperbole me!
I only enjoyed like a third of the TOP arc's content
doesn't mean
you didn't enjoy that arc at all
It was a beautiful looking arc, visually, and there were a handful of things about it I enjoyed. It wasn't an entirely negative experience so please don't misunderstand what I typed.

I am looking forward to the movie, but after being spoiled by the convenience of having a weekly series, going back to movie format is cumbersome. News takes forever to come out, I'm not really a theater-goer (I prefer to watch movies at home) and even if I was the likelihood of getting a subtitled Japanese audio theater release where I live is probably low because of how popular the English dub is, so I'll probably have to wait until the dvd/blu-ray release and it's just all so clunky by comparison to that wonderful, smooth, "hey here's an official subtitled version an hour after the episode airs in Japan" shtick that DBS had week to week.

I mean, the staff looks talented, the art style look supurb, but I'm so leery about whatever the plot may be after how the F movie turned out and how most of the TOP ended up. I don't want a movie that's just non-stop fighting in the same place for most of the story; I wanna have fun character moments, I want adventure, I want plot, and right now I feel the chances of that are low, but I could be wrong, and it's that off chance that I could be wrong in regards to the type of story content that's partly keeping me hanging around waiting to learn more about this film.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Chuquita wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

Aw man, I purposely threw that subnote into my post clarifying what I meant and the post was still misinterpreted? :(

Please don't hyperbole me!
I only enjoyed like a third of the TOP arc's content
doesn't mean
you didn't enjoy that arc at all
It was a beautiful looking arc, visually, and there were a handful of things about it I enjoyed. It wasn't an entirely negative experience so please don't misunderstand what I typed.

I am looking forward to the movie, but after being spoiled by the convenience of having a weekly series, going back to movie format is cumbersome. News takes forever to come out, I'm not really a theater-goer (I prefer to watch movies at home) and even if I was the likelihood of getting a subtitled Japanese audio theater release where I live is probably low because of how popular the English dub is, so I'll probably have to wait until the dvd/blu-ray release and it's just all so clunky by comparison to that wonderful, smooth, "hey here's an official subtitled version an hour after the episode airs in Japan" shtick that DBS had week to week.

I mean, the staff looks talented, the art style look supurb, but I'm so leery about whatever the plot may be after how the F movie turned out and how most of the TOP ended up. I don't want a movie that's just non-stop fighting in the same place for most of the story; I wanna have fun character moments, I want adventure, I want plot, and right now I feel the chances of that are low, but I could be wrong, and it's that off chance that I could be wrong in regards to the type of story content that's partly keeping me hanging around waiting to learn more about this film.
I understand now better thanks to your explanation. I have the same worries for the movie as well so I understand your concerns. But, I will still hope for the best.
Majinwarman

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 am

so we've had goku, vegeta, whis, beerus and piccollo art... wonder whose next?

i suspect we're just going to get Z fighters until we get to the villain after a trailer

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:27 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I keep forgetting Freeza is now a thing..
Now if Freeza is gonna be a recurring thing I hope Villans confuse the z fighters as the Freeza force from now on..
Frieza is pretty much Goku's archenemy at this point.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Now if Freeza is gonna be a recurring thing I hope Villans confuse the z fighters as the Freeza force from now on..
That would be a cool running gag
Frieza is pretty much Goku's archenemy dude and will be a recurring villain in future story arcs whether you like it or not. He can train to get stronger though and can improve from his mistakes that's why toriyama brought Frieza back I believe. Frieza is pretty much the "bowser" of the franchise at this point.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Frieza is pretty much Goku's archenemy dude and will be a recurring villain in future story arcs whether you like it or not. He can train to get stronger though and can improve from his mistakes that's why toriyama brought Frieza back I believe. Frieza is pretty much the "bowser" of the franchise at this point.
Oh really? Thanks for letting us know, it's not like you repeated this point time and time again on this forum.
Get Fucked, C_unt

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
But it would be funny to see them think that the Z fighters work for Freeza.
Majinwarman

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That would be a cool running gag
Oh really? Thanks for letting us know, it's not like you repeated this point time and time again on this forum.
Chill man I said I was sorry.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Frieza is pretty much Goku's archenemy dude and will be a recurring villain in future story arcs whether you like it or not. He can train to get stronger though and can improve from his mistakes that's why toriyama brought Frieza back I believe. Frieza is pretty much the "bowser" of the franchise at this point.
1) Don't tell me to chill if I don't show any sign of anger
2) If you truly were sorry you would stop posting the same thing over and over again. It's really getting old. Don't you have anything else to say?
Get Fucked, C_unt

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That would be a cool running gag
But it would be funny to see them think that the Z fighters work for Freeza.
I admit it would be pretty funny.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Oh really? Thanks for letting us know, it's not like you repeated this point time and time again on this forum.
2) If you truly were sorry you would stop posting the same thing over and over again. It's really getting old. Don't you have anything else to say?
Well there is jump force and the new saiyan villain to discuss about but other than that there is nothing else. Also am a fan of my hero academia.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote: Chill man I said I was sorry.
Well there is jump force and the new saiyan villain to discuss about but other than that there is nothing else. Also am a fan of my hero academia.
Either join one of the discussions (there's a lot, and most of them are not about Frieza, he's not the only thing you can talk about, you know) or just don't post and wait for new topics to come up if you don't have anything else to say besides ''Frieza is Goku's archenemy now''. It's gonna be like this until we hear more news about the movie.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Toxin45 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: 1) Don't tell me to chill if I don't show any sign of anger
Either join one of the discussions (there's a lot, and most of them are not about Frieza, he's not the only thing you can talk about, you know) or just don't post and wait for new topics to come up if you don't have anything else to say besides ''Frieza is Goku's archenemy now''. It's gonna be like this until we hear more news about the movie.
Okay jeez besides my favorite characters are goku,vegeta,Gohan,Frieza,Cell,Android 17,and 18,Future trunks,Piccolo,and Goku black

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

I wonder if Vegeta's navy colored armor is going to be explained or if they are just gonna pretend it is the same armor.(Since his normal armor is more of a baby blue) It could have something to do with the new Saiyans or something but that seems a little bit of a reach.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

RedHeat wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Sometimes I forget this movie is even coming out, due the lack of news.
If it ain't for the new character designs, I would be thinking at this point the movie would be the first teaser in loop for 2 hours.

I expect more character designs this month and finally the poster next month.
Actually, there's supposed to be a new trailer next month(?) on the Dragon Ball North America Tour.
I think they said that the new movie footage is going to be revealed in September.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!