Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 am

Ki Breaker wrote:More Freeza is always good
Hahaha. I'm remembering the days when Freeza was revealed to be back for ToP and people were exactly opposite of that. Oh how times have changed.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 am

Xeogran wrote:
Hahaha. I'm remembering the days when Freeza was revealed to be back for ToP and people were exactly opposite of that. Oh how times have changed.
It helps that the TOP Freeza was so well written that fans wanted more of him.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 am

Imagining Bulma telling a disgruntled Vegeta to put on some warm clothes for whatever planet they're heading to just sounds so fun!

Comedy hijinks will ensue from this, I'm sure of it!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:47 am

Xeogran wrote:
Well, I was always in favor of Freeza returning so I might not be the best person to make this comparison with :P
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 am

Winter outfits for Gokû and Vegeta? Yes please! Can't wait to see what the clothes look like!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

I hope Vegeta's one is the "official" Saiyan winter attire, which he gave the design to Bulma. :lol:
Goku's I don't know, maybe slap a coat with some frills on it.

Since the cold appears to have a roll, I hope it's goes beyond new clothes and the scenario. It should affect those less used to the low temperatures. Like how everyone was chilling searching for Gere's lab while Piccolo was the one being chill.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 am

LightBing wrote:I hope Vegeta's one is the "official" Saiyan winter attire, which he gave the design to Bulma. :lol:
Goku's I don't know, maybe slap a coat with some frills on it.

Since the cold appears to have a roll, I hope it's goes beyond new clothes and the scenario. It should affect those less used to the low temperatures. Like how everyone was chilling searching for Gere's lab while Piccolo was the one being chill.
Part of me thinks Goku’s winter outfit will be a homage to dragon ball muscle tower Goku’s winter clothes
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 am

I finally get it now what they’re trying to do! xD

Ultra Instinct HEATS the user. And they have Goku fight on a very cold planet with snow and what not. But when Goku’s new Winter Outfit gets destroyed, and he’s half naked/shirtless again, Ultra Instinct comes to the rescue! To not only save his ass from harm, but also from the cold temperature! xD
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

I look forward to seeing the new outfits. With Freeza appearing I also wonder if he'll get new clothes? Those new characters also sound interesting. I wonder if Nagamine Tatsuya asked for new female characters? If they're Freeza's henchmen it will be fun seeing Gokuu and the others battle them.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

JulieYBM wrote:I look forward to seeing the new outfits. With Freeza appearing I also wonder if he'll get new clothes? Those new characters also sound interesting. I wonder if Nagamine Tatsuya asked for new female characters? If they're Freeza's henchmen it will be fun seeing Gokuu and the others battle them.
Who said they will? For all we know, they could be helping Goku in co.

Freeza Force x Z Fighters
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:08 am

Green skin and silver hair, huh? I wonder if she might be of the same race as Zahha? :think:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:13 am

Isn't Zahha's skin blue?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 am

He looks more greenish than blue to me, but I think you could argue either way. He's about the same color as Bojack.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:27 am

In the actual movie, Bojack and his gang were always looked blue to me or turquoise at most. It's only in promo material that he sometimes seems more greenish. Though what's interesting is that in Japanese the word for "blue" can often times be used for "green" as well, so who knows.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 am

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:Does the link have any pics or just mentions the new outfits?
Only mentions they always do this before something big drops on vjump. Scans shouldn't be too far off.

Now I wonder if this is where I should drop off now we're getting story related stuff... I guess I'll see these scans then probably disappear.

Thanks.

You want to avoid any story related tid-bit? Because at this point I'd expect they'd only release the minimal amount of information and it would only serve as promotional material, nothing spoilery.

I was expecting to see the new saiyan's design soon, but I assume it would've been the first thing the leaks mentioned if that was the case.

Edit:

Well, seems like we're seeing something new alright:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1008623273083469824
Yeah I've kinda conditioned myself like that for regular movies (Avengers as an example I didn't see a single footage of the film before seeing it) and for non franchise films I'll see the poster read a synopsis before deciding if it's worth seeing. And because of that there isn't a film I haven't seen these past couple of years that I can say was a waste of time or money.

So I wanna do this with DB, for example now I know Goku and Vegeta have new outfits I'll be excited but if they only last a few mins in the film then that's disappointment whereas if I had no idea then it'd be like a bonus. But I dunno DB is DB it's gonna be hard to avoid stuff especially since a majority of my twitter is DB so idk. But I definitely won't do what I did with ResF and roll myself in spoilers.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:36 am

Michsi wrote:In the actual movie, Bojack and his gang were always looked blue to me or turquoise at most. It's only in promo material that he sometimes seems more greenish. Though what's interesting is that in Japanese the word for "blue" can often times be used for "green" as well, so who knows.
I think they use midori for green and aoi for blue and I recall hearing something about what you claimed, but I can't recall if tge two words I listed were used for both or if they had anothet word before, that they just don't use anymore.
Regardless Toriyama's designs for them has them all as the light green, that Bojack and Gokua attains with their transformations, while Toei had them all start out as that tourquois/blue.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yeah I've kinda conditioned myself like that for regular movies (Avengers as an example I didn't see a single footage of the film before seeing it) and for non franchise films I'll see the poster read a synopsis before deciding if it's worth seeing. And because of that there isn't a film I haven't seen these past couple of years that I can say was a waste of time or money.

So I wanna do this with DB, for example now I know Goku and Vegeta have new outfits I'll be excited but if they only last a few mins in the film then that's disappointment whereas if I had no idea then it'd be like a bonus. But I dunno DB is DB it's gonna be hard to avoid stuff especially since a majority of my twitter is DB so idk. But I definitely won't do what I did with ResF and roll myself in spoilers.
That's a good way to enjoy a movie, but I assume staying away for half a year from anything DB related might prove though. And from I've heard, Japanese marketing does not shy away from putting spoilery stuff in their promotional material at all, so you might do the right thing here.

I won't even try it since I know I couldn't do it.

dbgtFO wrote:
Michsi wrote:In the actual movie, Bojack and his gang were always looked blue to me or turquoise at most. It's only in promo material that he sometimes seems more greenish. Though what's interesting is that in Japanese the word for "blue" can often times be used for "green" as well, so who knows.
I think they use midori for green and aoi for blue and I recall hearing something about what you claimed, but I can't recall if tge two words I listed were used for both or if they had anothet word before, that they just don't use anymore.
Regardless Toriyama's designs for them has them all as the light green, that Bojack and Gokua attains with their transformations, while Toei had them all start out as that tourquois/blue.

Someone that speaks the language once told me that "midori" is for really deep, unambiguous green, like Piccolo's skin, whereas "aoi" is for blue/turquoise/ light green/green that has a tint of blue in it. ANd that it's more common to hear people refer to things we'd call green as "aoi".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I look forward to seeing the new outfits. With Freeza appearing I also wonder if he'll get new clothes? Those new characters also sound interesting. I wonder if Nagamine Tatsuya asked for new female characters? If they're Freeza's henchmen it will be fun seeing Gokuu and the others battle them.
Who said they will? For all we know, they could be helping Goku in co.

Freeza Force x Z Fighters
Even if the movie ends with both sides fighting together it's likely that they will at least get an initial clash upon first sight.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:01 am

Michsi wrote:Someone that speaks the language once told me that "midori" is for really deep, unambiguous green, like Piccolo's skin, whereas "aoi" is for blue/turquoise/ light green/green that has a tint of blue in it. ANd that it's more common to hear people refer to things we'd call green as "aoi".
Ah yeah, that makes sense.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:11 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Green skin and silver hair, huh? I wonder if she might be of the same race as Zahha? :think:
That thought crossed my mind too.