Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:06 pm

When we do get a trailer i:

1. Hope its at least 1 minute and 30 seconds

2. Hope it spends more time showing off actual footage and less time just showing 3D text infront of a dark background with flames.

And

3. Hope that the footage we do get rather shows off quick clips of multiple scenes that just focuses on one scene the whole time
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:When we do get a trailer i:

1. Hope its at least 1 minute and 30 seconds

2. Hope it spends more time showing off actual footage and less time just showing 3D text infront of a dark background with flames.

And

3. Hope that the footage we do get rather shows off quick clips of multiple scenes that just focuses on one scene the whole time
Based on the source, it seems there might be multiple trailers.

The first one will probably only be roughly a minute long. First trailers usually are. Should include hype inducing stuff.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:16 am

majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Can anyone name a shounen series where the SIDE Characters defeat the primary antagonist ?
Sasuke from Naruto.
Sasuke is more like the second main character after Naruto.
Not sure which Villain he killed out side of Orochimaru.. who at the end of the day wasnt the BIG BIG bad at that point of the story.. Neither was Danzo I think.. My Shippuden is Cloudy at the moment..

However still thats more or less the equivalent to Gohan Killing Cell. Gohan had a fair good amount of build up since his introduction. As we know though Toriyama willingly back peddled on his own plans on making him "THE MAIN CHARACTER".

To me when I hear someone say "Let MY MANZ Vegeta win something for Once" I Usually just interpret that as, oh lets shoe horn X favorite character into the dealing the finishing blow "just because", almost ala Trunks in Episode 66. Though that arc was still mostly about him but look at how much back lash that got/still gets.

Goku doesn't "White Knight" win fights NEARLY as much as most people and casual fans like to proclaim. Out of the ENTIRE franchise he Solo won against Piccolo Sr. and Junior, Freeza (On Namek), Wheelo, Tullece, Cooler (Earth), 13 and Hildegarn.. Everyone else he either helped or had help.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:28 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Well hopefully the DBS Movie gets some commercials on Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and maybe other channels and in the trailer they can mention that it takes place after the T.o.P. So then people know it will have spoilers.
We know very little about the movie, but it may not need to address any specifics regarding the ToP. If the main thrust is the history of Frieza and the Saiyans, a voiceover narration at the beginning could be as simple as, "After fighting together at a great tournament with the fate of the universe on the line, the old enemies, Goku and Frieza, go their separate ways...". It's a foregone conclusion that Universe 7 survives somehow. There's probably no need to address 17 as the winner, what the wish was, or even mention characters like Jiren or Hit.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:57 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Not sure which Villain he killed out side of Orochimaru.. who at the end of the day wasn't the BIG BIG bad at that point of the story.. Neither was Danzo I think..
There never was one big villain at any point as for the majority of the time there were multiple big villains working at the same time. Sasuke took down Orochimaru, Dedara, Itachi, Killer Bee, & Danzo. He also got his own team, fought the Raikage & Kakashi, helped Itachi stop Kabuto and played a major part in stopping the war before getting a final fight with Naruto.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:18 pm

sintzu wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Not sure which Villain he killed out side of Orochimaru.. who at the end of the day wasn't the BIG BIG bad at that point of the story.. Neither was Danzo I think..
There never was one big villain at any point as for the majority of the time there were multiple big villains working at the same time. Sasuke took down Orochimaru, Dedara, Itachi, Killer Bee, & Danzo. He also got his own team, fought the Raikage & Kakashi, helped Itachi stop Kabuto and played a major part in stopping the war before getting a final fight with Naruto.
I think that we should probably get back on topic.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The FUNimation Announcements Panel at Anime Expo is happening on July 6th at 12:00pm PST. Judging by the giant DBS movie banner at AX, they're probably going to announce something relating to the film at the panel. My guess is that they'll tell us the US theatrical release date. I am crossing my fingers for a December or January release. I also hope FUNi release the film in both dub and sub in the US.
Was nothing announced?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The FUNimation Announcements Panel at Anime Expo is happening on July 6th at 12:00pm PST. Judging by the giant DBS movie banner at AX, they're probably going to announce something relating to the film at the panel. My guess is that they'll tell us the US theatrical release date. I am crossing my fingers for a December or January release. I also hope FUNi release the film in both dub and sub in the US.
Was nothing announced?
I’m guessing that probably was the case.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:05 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Was nothing announced?
The thing is, i can’t fin anything at all about the event. Nothing on twitter or youtube or even the anime-expo twitch.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:54 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Was nothing announced?
The thing is, i can’t fin anything at all about the event. Nothing on twitter or youtube or even the anime-expo twitch.
Check #FunimationPanel.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Simere wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
Check #FunimationPanel.
Dang. Looks like we gotta wait til SDCC for dat US release date (probably).

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:30 pm

They didn’t announce anything related to the film. Ah well. Comic Con is close by so we’ll just have to wait for that. We’re probably going to get a whole bunch of stuff since V Jump also comes out around that time.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:They didn’t announce anything related to the film. Ah well. Comic Con is close by so we’ll just have to wait for that. We’re probably going to get a whole bunch of stuff since V Jump also comes out around that time.
But isn’t it kinda odd for no movie news to be announced at all during Anime Expo even though there is a giant Movie Ad there? It is kind of false advertising, in a sense. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4IaDLA-eG/?hl=en

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:They didn’t announce anything related to the film. Ah well. Comic Con is close by so we’ll just have to wait for that. We’re probably going to get a whole bunch of stuff since V Jump also comes out around that time.
But isn’t it kinda odd for no movie news to be announced at all during Anime Expo even though there is a giant Movie Ad there? It is kind of false advertising, in a sense. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4IaDLA-eG/?hl=en
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I guess they want to hold on to all the announcements for Comic Con.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
simtek34 wrote:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I guess they want to hold on to all the announcements for Comic Con.
We still kinda got hope. https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/s ... 0605162497

I mean, they have all these posters up (and in english, mind you) for the Dragon Ball Super movie so but why would it all be for nothing? Unless they’re using false advertising. Slapping the Super name over everything like the what all the current Dragon Ball merch be doin.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
simtek34 wrote: But isn’t it kinda odd for no movie news to be announced at all during Anime Expo even though there is a giant Movie Ad there? It is kind of false advertising, in a sense. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk4IaDLA-eG/?hl=en
We still kinda got hope. https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/s ... 0605162497

I mean, they have all these posters up (and in english, mind you) for the Dragon Ball Super movie so but why would it all be for nothing? Unless they’re using false advertising. Slapping the Super name over everything like the what all the current Dragon Ball merch be doin.
Hmmm... Interesting! That gives some hope for either a trailer, or US Release Date coming super soon!

Also, does anybody think that DBS: The Movie will have a Nation-Wide English Subbed release in America unlike Resurrection ‘F’ and it’s single Subbed for the premier in Los Angeles.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Super panel at SDCC

Thursday, July 19 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm (pacific)
"English voice actors for Goku and Vegeta, Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat, talk all things Dragon Ball -and reveal never-before-seen material for the new movie. Don't miss some special surprise appearances, too."

Might be where they show the trailer for the first time

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:04 am

A Comic Con announcement for a Dragon Ball movie? That’s not something I expected.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Super panel at SDCC

Thursday, July 19 • 2:15pm - 3:15pm (pacific)
"English voice actors for Goku and Vegeta, Sean Schemmel and Christopher Sabat, talk all things Dragon Ball -and reveal never-before-seen material for the new movie. Don't miss some special surprise appearances, too."

Might be where they show the trailer for the first time

Pacific Time? Wow, that actually works out for me. Any earlier and I'd probably miss it live and have to catch up later, but 2:15pm is my 5:15pm so this is good. :mrgreen:

I'm not all that interested in what the dub VA's have to say about the movie, but I definitely want to know about what I can only guess will be a full trailer for the movie.

I hope it's a subbed trailer; part of me's vaguely concerned it's gonna be a dub trailer if they're showing it at something as mainstream as SDCC.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 am

WittyUsername wrote:A Comic Con announcement for a Dragon Ball movie? That’s not something I expected.
We've long since known that the Dragon Ball Tour would show movie footage and the first stop is SDCC, so it makes sense.
Besides, the teaser was first shown in the states as well.