Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:56 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Sorry for double posting, but Sumitomo has confirmed that he’s doing the score for the film. I really enjoyed his work in the Universe Survival arc, so I’m excited to see what he brings to this film.
Yes!!!! This is great news! Norihito Sumitomo NEVER dissapoints! He truly is the saviour for the japanese score, which, has always been bad terribly bad in my honest opinion.
I loved a lot of his tracks for Kai, Super and the 2 movies so hopefully with a break from the anime he'll be able to give us something even better. It's a shame he doesn't have the best reputation as his work has overall been really good.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:33 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Sorry for double posting, but Sumitomo has confirmed that he’s doing the score for the film. I really enjoyed his work in the Universe Survival arc, so I’m excited to see what he brings to this film.
Yes!!!! This is great news! Norihito Sumitomo NEVER dissapoints! He truly is the saviour for the japanese score, which, has always been bad terribly bad in my honest opinion.
I loved a lot of his tracks for Kai, Super and the 2 movies so hopefully with a break from the anime he'll be able to give us something even better. It's a shame he doesn't have the best reputation as his work has overall been really good.
He's mostly been let down by poor music placement in that past and that isn't his fault. But Trunks arc onward showed his strengths. If that UI theme plays in the theatre I will get goosebumps!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He's mostly been let down by poor music placement in that past and that isn't his fault. But Trunks arc onward showed his strengths. If that UI theme plays in the theatre I will get goosebumps!
I was thinking the same thing. Just imagine sitting in a packed theatre and that track starts playing while Goku taps into Ultra Instinct. People (including myself) would lose it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 am

Official DBS account quoted the teaser tweet they posted few months back and said something about tomorrow.... is it time...?

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Official DBS account quoted the teaser tweet they posted few months back and said something about tomorrow.... is it time...?
Me right now.

I don't think it's a trailer. Judging by the tweet it looks like we're getting more information. Maybe some plot details?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:23 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Official DBS account quoted the teaser tweet they posted few months back and said something about tomorrow.... is it time...?
Me right now.

I don't think it's a trailer. Judging by the tweet it looks like we're getting more information. Maybe some plot details?
Maybe an official poster for the film beyond merely that bit of promotional material with Goku standing on an icy landscape.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am

Me right now.

But why quote the teaser trailer though? I think it will be the trailer, SDCC will probably have the subtitled trailer (or even dubbed) or maybe a slightly alternative trailer hence "exclusive movie footage".

Or as Jazz said could be the main poster and title reveal.

Or both!

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He's mostly been let down by poor music placement in that past and that isn't his fault. But Trunks arc onward showed his strengths. If that UI theme plays in the theatre I will get goosebumps!
I was thinking the same thing. Just imagine sitting in a packed theatre and that track starts playing while Goku taps into Ultra Instinct. People (including myself) would lose it.
All I'm hoping for now, after this:

picture yourself in le theatre
movie fit lit as balls
enemy saiyan makes big ol ball o murder
goku on his last legs
spaghetti
ball get thrown
goku canny dodge
le ball his goku
screen goes black
mfw
sparks of silver energy
whole audience holds breath
massive explosion
spaghettis all over floor
goku blasts through it and slams a massive punch into enemies face
KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE!
Everyone in cinema gets up and screams triumphantly

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Me right now.

But why quote the teaser trailer though? I think it will be the trailer, SDCC will probably have the subtitled trailer (or even dubbed) or maybe a slightly alternative trailer hence "exclusive movie footage".

Or both!
I mean, I would love to be wrong and get a trailer tomorrow morning, but I feel like they're saving that for the 20th for SDCC and the pre-release tickets being available for purchase. Poster reveal along with the official title is a possibility, but don't they usually save that for V Jump? Either way, I'm psyched.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Me right now.

Or both!
I mean, I would love to be wrong and get a trailer tomorrow morning, but I feel like they're saving that for the 20th for SDCC and the pre-release tickets being available for purchase. Poster reveal along with the official title is a possibility, but don't they usually save that for V Jump? Either way, I'm psyched.
I just ready for more information to drop anytime now.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Me right now.

Or both!
The main KV and staff did get revealed not in Vjump they just randomly dropped it online. With one of their main focuses being international audiences (hence also probably why the official website translated some of Toriyama's comments in English) I think we'll probably see big stuff like poster, revealed online before Vjump.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:17 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
All I'm hoping for now, after this:

picture yourself in le theatre
movie fit lit as balls
enemy saiyan makes big ol ball o murder
goku on his last legs
spaghetti
ball get thrown
goku canny dodge
le ball his goku
screen goes black
mfw
sparks of silver energy
whole audience holds breath
massive explosion
spaghettis all over floor
goku blasts through it and slams a massive punch into enemies face
KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE!
Everyone in cinema gets up and screams triumphantly
Na. I much rather get a new insert song than use Ultimate Battle which is pretty over-played at this point
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:55 am

All those... Meaningful... expectations seem to be the reason Dragonball is still around, db dosen't have to get it right, the audience already did, in their heads..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:55 pm

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1016353759599816704
So yeah, more news of some kind later today. They revealed the first teaser online before it officially debuted at the end of 131 so who knows what it could be.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:07 pm

Legitimately excited but also apprehensive. I mentioned this before but I practically felt the fandom's excitement deflate when BOG's poster was first revealed. Beerus' design was not well received and it took people a while to warm up to it. But yeah, the initial reaction was not great.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm not sure what to think... honestly.
Hope it isn't the same Broly as the old films (and the outfit makes me think this might be a reimagined version of the character).

https://twitter.com/DragonHomles/status ... 4593614848

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm having a hard time seeing his outfit through thi sposter.

But it's nice to see Yamcha is finally getting a main role :lol:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Thread will be reopened when official confirmation is provided.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:23 pm

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 07488?s=19

Thanks for FINALLY unlocking this thread. It was confirmed over an hour ago by Toei's official Twitter.

Kinda disappointed they're using Broly again but I'll keep my hopes up.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Image Image
Last edited by Grimlock on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~