Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:39 pm

It's the reality.
Yeah. Your reality.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 pm

I’m actually cracking up that this is real :lol:

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Really? They had a chance to do something totally new and interesting with this movie, and instead they bring back Broly? I'm not a Broly hater, but this screams creative bankrupcy, especially considering Kale was created for the sole purpose of bringing back Broly without actually pulling him out of movie-canon Limbo. Hopefully they'll make his backstory a bit less stupid, but I'm really not impressed by this move. You've had three movies already Broly, give somebody else a shot.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Grimlock wrote:People bash Heroes when the "main series" is doing a lot worse with its endless tournaments and shit arcs. :lol: Oh god... Well, I give up expecting that the main series will be better and will learn from the games to bring cool stuff. I'll stick with the games that are far more interesting and better, and they don't have Toriyama's involvement, which is great! :thumbup:
But SS3 Broly is from Raging Blast not Heroes..

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Even if broly was the worst villain on the franchise, this is a different and "updated" version from toriyama, Evil Goku was a meme and then we got Black on super wich in my opinion is one of the best villains, I think this "Broly" deserves the benefit of the doubt.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I also question what the purpose of Kale was then, when we already HAVE a re-done Broly in her. Unless this somehow connects to that, like she's Broly's descendant, or him reincarnated, or...something. I dunno.
She's the alternate universe sorta-counterpart, like Frost is to Frieza.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
jelleline89 wrote:https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 07488?s=19

Thanks for FINALLY unlocking this thread. It was confirmed over an hour ago by Toei's official Twitter.

Kinda disappointed they're using Broly again but I'll keep my hopes up.
To be fair the translation of what Toriyama said about the film cushions the blow a hell of a lot. It’s Broly, but not the Broly from the other films from the sound of it. So this is Toriyamas Broly I guess.
If he removed the whole "revenge for making him cry as an infant" backstory, then its already a huge improvement to the character.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Yes getting stronger...salt levels overflowing. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is the greatest summer gift of all. Broly is BACK! It's like my reward to listening to "Muh Canon" arguments and the countless Broly complaining when it was irrelevant at the time before this movie. Funny enough like heroes this is basically just telling me it's dumbass junk food fun I don't have to give a crap about. You can't ruin Broly as there's nothing to possibly make worse after Bio Broly, unlike Freeza around F. I enjoy the reactions far more than the reveal as of late. It makes everything from the Gohan, Piccolo, 17, and Vegeta meltdowns look like a mere couple pebbles falling over. I can't lose with this movie and it's wonderful.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

YamiGoku wrote:Even if broly was the worst villain on the franchise, this is a different and "updated" version from toriyama, Evil Goku was a meme and then we got Black on super wich in my opinion is one of the best villains, I think this "Broly" deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Dr Wheelo was literally a brain in a jar with tons of plot holes.

I wouldn't call Broly the worst, not even close.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

The meltdowns have been beautiful. Dare I say it.... legendary!
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Ah so the guy in the back is not Broly?! It does look like his base form but yeah Broly doesn't have scars.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote: If he removed the whole "revenge for making him cry as an infant" backstory, then its already a huge improvement to the character.
That along with adding, well... ANY sign of personality to Broly will make a huge difference. The original is basically a muscle blank slate, dumbest, emptiest character in the franchise. Shouldn't be that hard to improve upon a near-nonexistant character
Last edited by Basaku on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:43 pm

nato25 wrote:Ah so the guy in the back is not Broly?! It does look like his base form but yeah Broly doesn't have scars.
Akira Toriyama re-designed him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm

welp, gg, Stopping the anime for this is not worth it anymore

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

I am at a loss for words. Out off all characters in the Drgaon Ball franchise, they bring back Broly?! Are you kidding me! I mean I get what Toriyama is saying about it being a new version of Broly, but still, this is going way too far. I would rather have had any other character in the franchise other than Broly. let’s just hope that Tori and Toei actually make a good story and not do anything crazy like bring back Bardock or feature Gogeta. Also, RIP Vic Mignogna

(Now that I think about it, that probably going to happen by looking at the Movies that are going to be in theaters this Fall. Crap)

BTW, If anybody remembers penguintruth who got banned from the Forums a few years ago, check out his Twitter to see how crazy he is right now about this. It’s hillaroius!
Last edited by simtek34 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

PhoenixCyke

Post by PhoenixCyke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

KinguKurimuzon wrote:Really? They had a chance to do something totally new and interesting with this movie, and instead they bring back Broly? I'm not a Broly hater, but this screams creative bankrupcy, especially considering Kale was created for the sole purpose of bringing back Broly without actually pulling him out of movie-canon Limbo. Hopefully they'll make his backstory a bit less stupid, but I'm really not impressed by this move. You've had three movies already Broly, give somebody else a shot.
That's why I am disappointed. Something new and more about Yamoshi would have been great. I was excited from the start but this crushed me... :(

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

nato25 wrote:Ah so the guy in the back is not Broly?! It does look like his base form but yeah Broly doesn't have scars.
It's Broly, but retooled and rebooted. As-per Toriyama's recent statement posted a page back.
Feels over Reals.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Worst movie character? that's harsh.
It's the reality.
Basaku wrote:Yeah no. Nothing comes close to the garbage stuff Heroes is doing.
Yeah, yes. Dragon Ball Minus, Movie 15, Dragon Ball Super and this crap movie have already surpassed the "garbage stuff" Heroes does.
Zephyr wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So? Giving forms to Broly is part of the what-if concept that Heroes works upon. Heroes also gives other characters their shine moment, they also focus on other and more interesting characters.

Coming here and posting random images aren't giving you any good counterpoint at all.
The point was heroes brings folks all the time back from the grave. People hate this idea on principle of that alone. Yet you praise heroes for that very fact.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 pm

If they can pull a Goku Black, and turn such a trite idea into something incredibly intriguing, I'll be shocked.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:48 pm

I like how the haters are all moaning and say that they will stop watching dragon ball super but continue watching it and are always here to get new info... or when they are saying that Broly can't be an interesting character because they don't like the movies... seriously bruh.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu