Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:34 pm

So much SSGSS I love it! :)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Oh ok, a colored piece of cloth now determines your gender, right.
Now? Because Boys haven't been associated with blue and Girls with pink for decades...

It isn't just that he's wearing women's tights. As I said the purple goes badly with the other colours on him. He has a terrible colour scheme that makes the whole design ugly.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm

I think they picked purple for Brolli's pants because that's the color shorts the Incredible Hulk wears. Hulk gets green when he transforms. So does Brolli's hair, so.

OR it's that purple = antagonist thing that Super did a lot of. (Beerus, Freeza, Hit, Jelly Vegeta, original Zamasu).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Bullza wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:Oh ok, a colored piece of cloth now determines your gender, right.
Now? Because Boys haven't been associated with blue and Girls with pink for decades...

It isn't just that he's wearing women's tights. As I said the purple goes badly with the other colours on him. He has a terrible colour scheme that makes the whole design ugly.
I'm not an expert or anything, but i just watched the last video Ajay made and he shows how the green and purple compliment each other.

[spoiler]https://youtu.be/u6_IysGb5N8?t=74[/spoiler]

He also explains how those colors are good for the snow ambient of the movie.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 pm

He's not the first famous anime berserker to rock a purple and green color scheme:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Grimlock wrote:You see, just Paragus' appearance alone brings with him a trvial but cool information about Saiyans. The problem is indeed that other Saiyan that will unfortunately be prominent in the movie who hasn't yet and certainly won't contribute with anything at all.
And Broly won't contribute anything because...?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:And Broly won't contribute anything because...?
Because it's Broly. He had three movies and nothing interesting came out of them by him.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Grimlock wrote:You see, just Paragus' appearance alone brings with him a trvial but cool information about Saiyans. The problem is indeed that other Saiyan that will unfortunately be prominent in the movie who hasn't yet and certainly won't contribute with anything at all.
And Broly won't contribute anything because...?
I think we should disregard what he says considering he’s already given the movie a fail even calling the SDBH anime better than it. So this point, anything he posts is from the mindset that the movie was already a failure. No offense
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:07 pm

majinwarman wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I'm happy to see Paragus, and hoping he has some kind of combat role this time around, even if minor. His new design is not what I expected but i really like it. Cool to see his tail poking out as well.
I just don't want a repeat of Movie 8 and make Paragus controlling Brolli again.
Agreed. I hope the movie has more of an original story but its seemingly copying major plot points from other Broly movies which is kinda disappointing.

Paragus’s design looks pretty cool. It makes him seem more like an intellectual saiyan with more smarts than a brute. And it gives him a more “wise elder” look.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:15 pm

I feel the movie will be a huge success financially. Dragon Ball fans will watch it because it's Dragon Ball. Broly fans will watch it, cause Broly. And Broly haters will watch it so they can complain on the internet about it.

As far as the color scheme, that's really just artwork for the movie. In the few clips we see from the original teaser, the animal cloth isn't nearly that green. It seems to be a more gold-brown, but it's tainted by Broly's green energy. Even the purple tights don't look bad. Also, people forget that Broly had purple hair highlights in his original movie appearance. So the color theme does fit. If you looked back there, Vegeta tended to have brown highlights and Goku had red highlights, whereas Broly had purple highlights.

Also, in the release imaged of Base Broly, his ruined pants are actually a gray-black color. So he either gets new ones in the movie that're purple, or they are a glossy black that appear purple due to Broly's energy highlighting them.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Kanassa wrote:And Broly won't contribute anything because...?
Because it's Broly. He had three movies and nothing interesting came out of them by him.
No, this is Toriyama's Broly who has already said there'd be a new side to him.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Kanassa wrote:
No, this is Toriyama's Broly who has already said there'd be a new side to him.
He reveals that Broly is a Brony. :wink:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Grimlock wrote:Here's Paragus. They're doing what they can to not have to draw tails anymore.

I'm liking both Broly and Paragus new designs. Broly looks tougher and less royal. And Paragus looks like he's seen a lot of stuff go down with that one eye of his
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

In the other threat I expressed a theory that Paragus is the brother of King Vegeta. If you look at Paragus, he does look like an older King Vegeta, just without the widows peak. I like to think that Paragus and Broly were banished because Broly was born with such power, possibly even a SSJ at birth, that such a thing threatened King Vegeta's reign and he had them exiled and records of their existence wiped clean. Also to keep Freeza unaware of the potential threat Broly posed.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Ok looking at things right now it is troubling to me that things may be too much like the old Broly movies.

-Paragus has something on his belt that "holds a secret"
-Broly has a giant scar on his chest that will apparently be important.

AKA Paragus controls Broly again and King Vegeta tries to kill him again.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:Ok looking at things right now it is troubling to me that things may be too much like the old Broly movies.

And the whole idea of having Broly be frozen in ice from his second movie.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:04 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Ok looking at things right now it is troubling to me that things may be too much like the old Broly movies.

Oh right I forgot about that. Before I saw the translations I got excited because I love the Paragus design. However, I have a bad feeling it is going to be too much like M8 without enough unique changes.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm

If there was any doubt, Toriyama's Paragus will also control Broly:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
More here - https://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/sdcc ... ore-306425
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Oh right I forgot about that. Before I saw the translations I got excited because I love the Paragus design. However, I have a bad feeling it is going to be too much like M8 without enough unique changes.
Yeah. Paragus looks so cool. But i hope all this stuff is either all homages or its the classic Toriyama subversion and all that stuff is a red herring. But with how lazy Toriyama’s been, i dont know...

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: And the whole idea of having Broly be frozen in ice from his second movie.
Yeah. Paragus looks so cool. But i hope all this stuff is either all homages or its the classic Toriyama subversion and all that stuff is a red herring. But with how lazy Toriyama’s been, i dont know...
Eh. We will have to wait and see. I have faith in Toriyama
FortuneSSJ wrote:If there was any doubt, Toriyama's Paragus will also control Broly:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
More here - https://news.toyark.com/2018/07/18/sdcc ... ore-306425
God that is so stupid. My hype level is steadily dropping.