Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Somehow I'm thinking you would complain about that parts that you laughed if they were made in the anime instead.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Apropos weird humor, I would have found it extremely Dragon Ball like if Trunks at one point would have kicked or punched Black in the crotch. It would have served as a very Dragon Ball like scene as well as been a perfect opportunity as it a) would allow Zamasu to say that he would have never expected this to be really this hurting (as he of course had a Shinjin body before) and b) it would as well serve as an instrument of showing what Trunks thinks of Zamasu's dignity and divinity which, of course Zamasu would also understand this way and be even more enraged. So a crotch punch that is deep. And not just from the perspective of anatomy. And before anyone mentions the Gattai Zamasu slicing scene, no, that is not close to what I mean. I am not even sure if the fusion has genitals.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Gt91 wrote: Well nevermind, it could be UI vegeta or something else.
Same thing, if that was the case Vegeta would be labelled just not specified what form. But in this case especially the two characters are labelled as new (新).

But the other interesting thing is the Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of prize figures, the Full Power Broly from the Ichiban Kuji is roughly a whopping 35cm tall (comparison with June's SSGSS Goku). So these two new characters have got to be important for them to be apart of the line up (and over Vegeta and Freeza).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Gt91 wrote: Well nevermind, it could be UI vegeta or something else.
Same thing, if that was the case Vegeta would be labelled just not specified what form. But in this case especially the two characters are labelled as new (新).

But the other interesting thing is the Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of prize figures, the Full Power Broly from the Ichiban Kuji is roughly a whopping 35cm tall (comparison with June's SSGSS Goku). So these two new characters have got to be important for them to be apart of the line up (and over Vegeta and Freeza).
This is really interesting actually. So does this mean there are two major characters that haven't even been revealed yet? Or if it was UI Vegeta could they just be waiting to formally reveal it to give it a label?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Same thing, if that was the case Vegeta would be labelled just not specified what form. But in this case especially the two characters are labelled as new (新).

I know a lot of people are set on Gogeta but I'm finding myself more worried about a Goku/Frieza fusion. I'm sure they didn't include him in this movie just to get jobbed by Broly and that actually would be a new character. The only place that has happened is in Fusions as a freestyle Streetpass fusion which lets you combine anything with anything. That still leaves us with another mystery character and I have no ideas for who that could be. Unless it's SSGSS Golden Frieku. :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
emperior wrote:Do not draw conclusions. Merchandise doesn’t mean shit to be honest, we don’t know what their plans are.
I'm not much of a merch follower for anything, much less DB stuff, but I do distinctly remember Blue being revealed through merchandise as a keychain well before we got any real animation for it.
And months before even that it was known Goku and Vegeta would get new forms since solicited figures for the pair weren't being shown and being blanked whenever other ResF figures were shown. So this inadvertently gave away that Vegeta and Goku were going to get new forms in the film and that is what exactly happened.
You are actually right, of course. I tend to forget how much they love to spoil things through merchandising, but didn’t it happen because of a leak in Blue’s case? I also remember quite well changing my mind about UI having silver hair. You were the first to tell it and I remember being like “Nah, mastered will look like omen” until you showed some proof, which were the posters with a UI Goku figure being hidden.
Although I also remember them keeping mastered UI hidden until the last moment, and it was first leaked through a Heroes card and then through VJump which gave us Toriyama’s design and MUI from XV2’s pack. So I am still of the opinion that we can’t draw conclusions until we see the movie itself. They wouldn’t be in a hurry to sell UI toys either, considering they already have many out there and the knly change in the movie’s version of it would probably be the colors and the looser belt. They could also try to keep these figures a secret to not let any plot spoiler. This could also mean that they intend to reveal, either through the trailers or design sheets, the two upcoming new characters.

One thing is for sure, those two hidden figures you are talking about will end up spoiling something from the movie. My bet for the two characters are two between SSB Gogeta, Yamoshi, Gine (would she fit under a new character?) or some other Saiyan from the past, like the one shown in the trailer... or maybe the first Super Saiyan God? It wasn’t Yamoshi. Or Oozaru Broly? That would be crazy. The possibilities are endless! We know Toriyama has designed lots of new characters and I expect Yamoshi to appear considering he was named recently, unless Toriyama talked about him with the next stories after Broly in mind, as he may have already started writing them by December (which is when the Saikyo Jump interview was released). If Yamoshi is in, the other figure may as well be his greatest enemy who beat him, who could be the ancient counterpart to Broly, with the same demonic powers which would explain why even as a Super Saiyan Yamoshi lost.
Maybe another demonic Saiyan confronted the Super Saiyan God in the past, but the fight ended with a tie... maybe it was that battle that destroyed Sadala? The BoG’s version about the SSG being on Vegeta is no longer to be considered, and it would make sense for Sadala to explode in the SSG battle as it would explain why Vegeta didn’t know of SSG while the Super Saiyan legend was known by every Saiyan.
Maybe this movie will be basically be the 3rd battle between a demonic Saiyan and a righteous one in the story, and this time Goku will win thanks to Ultra Instinct? It could explain the whole big connession to the past they have talked about.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 pm

emperior wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'm not much of a merch follower for anything, much less DB stuff, but I do distinctly remember Blue being revealed through merchandise as a keychain well before we got any real animation for it.
And months before even that it was known Goku and Vegeta would get new forms since solicited figures for the pair weren't being shown and being blanked whenever other ResF figures were shown. So this inadvertently gave away that Vegeta and Goku were going to get new forms in the film and that is what exactly happened.
You are actually right, of course. I tend to forget how much they love to spoil things through merchandising, but didn’t it happen because of a leak in Blue’s case? I also remember quite well changing my mind about UI having silver hair. You were the first to tell it and I remember being like “Nah, mastered will look like omen” until you showed some proof, which were the posters with a UI Goku figure being hidden.
Although I also remember them keeping mastered UI hidden until the last moment, and it was first leaked through a Heroes card and then through VJump which gave us Toriyama’s design and MUI from XV2’s pack. So I am still of the opinion that we can’t draw conclusions until we see the movie itself. They wouldn’t be in a hurry to sell UI toys either, considering they already have many out there and the knly change in the movie’s version of it would probably be the colors and the looser belt. They could also try to keep these figures a secret to not let any plot spoiler. This could also mean that they intend to reveal, either through the trailers or design sheets, the two upcoming new characters.

One thing is for sure, those two hidden figures you are talking about will end up spoiling something from the movie. My bet for the two characters are two between SSB Gogeta, Yamoshi, Gine (would she fit under a new character?) or some other Saiyan from the past, like the one shown in the trailer... or maybe the first Super Saiyan God? It wasn’t Yamoshi. Or Oozaru Broly? That would be crazy. The possibilities are endless! We know Toriyama has designed lots of new characters and I expect Yamoshi to appear considering he was named recently, unless Toriyama talked about him with the next stories after Broly in mind, as he may have already started writing them by December (which is when the Saikyo Jump interview was released). If Yamoshi is in, the other figure may as well be his greatest enemy who beat him, who could be the ancient counterpart to Broly, with the same demonic powers which would explain why even as a Super Saiyan Yamoshi lost.
Maybe another demonic Saiyan confronted the Super Saiyan God in the past, but the fight ended with a tie... maybe it was that battle that destroyed Sadala? The BoG’s version about the SSG being on Vegeta is no longer to be considered, and it would make sense for Sadala to explode in the SSG battle as it would explain why Vegeta didn’t know of SSG while the Super Saiyan legend was known by every Saiyan.
Maybe this movie will be basically be the 3rd battle between a demonic Saiyan and a righteous one in the story, and this time Goku will win thanks to Ultra Instinct? It could explain the whole big connession to the past they have talked about.
I hate repeating this but YAMOSHI IS THE FIRST SUPER SAIYAN GOD THAT EVERYONE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT!

Did you guys even read the interview? The question asked by Toriyama when he mentioned Yamoshi is literally “Was the “legendary Super Saiyan” Freeza feared the Super Saiyan God that appeared in Battle of Gods?”

That confirms the the B.o.G story is BS, everything has been retconned, and technically Goku is the first one to transform into a SSGod, unless Yamoshi’s spirit counts as a SSGod.

Also, UI Goku is really unlikely since the Ichiban Kuji line up only has SSGSS Goku, FP Broly, and 2 new characters. And there is only 1 Ichiban Kuji for the movie. The these 4 characters are the TOP of it. So for UI its lookin a lil slow.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I really loved the trailer and I am hyped for the movie, but what the heck is actually happening with SS transformations? I mean, I don't like the fact that the legend said that SSG was the saviour of Planet Vegita and now the LSS (Full power) is stronger, even stronger than SSB. My bet is that they will come with the other part of Shen Long's tale about the SSG, and one of the evil saiyans will be a LSS.

If the legends always referred to SSG or LSS then, what the hell are the SS1,2 and 3 transformations? Maybe, Broly = $$$ and that's it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 pm

emperior wrote: You are actually right, of course. I tend to forget how much they love to spoil things through merchandising, but didn’t it happen because of a leak in Blue’s case? I also remember quite well changing my mind about UI having silver hair. You were the first to tell it and I remember being like “Nah, mastered will look like omen” until you showed some proof, which were the posters with a UI Goku figure being hidden.

According to the interview, Yamoshi just lost because he was outnumbered and fought to the point of exhaustion. Guy must have been fighting a whole army if he couldn't take them all down as a Super Saiyan. I won't be surprised if he shows up in a flashback or as a lore drop since he's the first known Super Saiyan.

One possibility I hadn't really considered: what if Goku and Vegeta did do the fusion dance but the result wasn't Gogeta but some other new character?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Oracle wrote:I really loved the trailer and I am hyped for the movie, but what the heck is actually happening with SS transformations? I mean, I don't like the fact that the legend said that SSG was the saviour of Planet Vegita and now the LSS (Full power) is stronger, even stronger than SSB. My bet is that they will come with the other part of Shen Long's tale about the SSG, and one of the evil saiyans will be a LSS.

If the legends always referred to SSG or LSS then, what the hell are the SS1,2 and 3 transformations? Maybe, Broly = $$$ and that's it.
Thats where you’re kinda wrong. You’re using the B.o.G movie legend. Thats bee retconned a while ago. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42491
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:31 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
emperior wrote: You are actually right, of course. I tend to forget how much they love to spoil things through merchandising, but didn’t it happen because of a leak in Blue’s case? I also remember quite well changing my mind about UI having silver hair. You were the first to tell it and I remember being like “Nah, mastered will look like omen” until you showed some proof, which were the posters with a UI Goku figure being hidden.

According to the interview, Yamoshi just lost because he was outnumbered and fought to the point of exhaustion. Guy must have been fighting a whole army if he couldn't take them all down as a Super Saiyan. I won't be surprised if he shows up in a flashback or as a lore drop since he's the first known Super Saiyan.

One possibility I hadn't really considered: what if Goku and Vegeta did do the fusion dance but the result wasn't Gogeta but some other new character?
I dont think they would do that when they already have such a huge fanbase for Gogeta.

But your idea reminded me of an idea i had. Maybe Gogeta and Broly are in the middle of a beam struggle when Goku and Vegeta defuse. They are still holding Broly’s blast back but their strength is wavering. Suddenly, their aruas and ki start to merge and them take the form of Yamoshi’s spirit. And then all 3 of the saiyans lush back Broly, Second Coming style

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 pm

Oracle wrote:I really loved the trailer and I am hyped for the movie, but what the heck is actually happening with SS transformations? I mean, I don't like the fact that the legend said that SSG was the saviour of Planet Vegita and now the LSS (Full power) is stronger, even stronger than SSB. My bet is that they will come with the other part of Shen Long's tale about the SSG, and one of the evil saiyans will be a LSS.

I don't think it's just the transformation that's stronger than the god forms. If you look at the trailer Broly appears to be laying a beating on SSB Goku in his (Anger) form before turning into a Super Saiyan. Broly's base power must be freakishly high on its own.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Thats where you’re kinda wrong. You’re using the B.o.G movie legend. Thats bee retconned a while ago. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42491
Thanks, that actually makes more sense since Yamoshi also transformed into SS. I don't like that we are having three legends of the SS (SS1, SSG and LSS). It's just probably a problem with the names. Vegeta knew the legend of the SS, Frieza the legend of the SSG (SS too) and Cabba knew about the LSS. Right?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Oracle wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Thanks, that actually makes more sense since Yamoshi also transformed into SS. I don't like that we are having three legends of the SS (SS1, SSG and LSS). It's just probably a problem with the names. Vegeta knew the legend of the SS, Frieza the legend of the SSG (SS too) and Cabba knew about the LSS. Right?
Yeah. Basically. Lol

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:56 pm

I wonder why Vegeta is using Super Saiyan God in this movie. It wouldn’t make sense for Vegeta to fight Broly and go through all his forms just for him to lose nand then Goku does the same starting from SSJ.

So maybe Goku and Vegeta will be fighting Broly 2 on 1 and they will bother gradually be transforming to keep up with Broly.

Broly has his base form, his angry form, his SSJ form, and what the merch and promotional material is calling his Full Power form.

Judging from the trailer, SSB was hoping full power and still wasn’t enough to handle SSJ Broly, let alone Full Power Broly. This means that it will either take UI, or what i find more likely and cooler, SSB Gogeta to compete with him.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 pm

Just ran into this recent video with Vic Mignogna and he brings up the new Broly movie. He seems excited for it and he hopes he'll be playing Broly in the film. The dubbing process obviously hasn't started, so nothing is 100% confirmed yet. I'm pretty certain he'll return as Broly since he's such a beloved cast member for English dub fans.

Personally, I thought he wouldn't return to play Broly since he's said on several occasion that playing him really hurts his voice, but this new video shows that he's looking forward to reprising his role for the upcoming film. I'm intrigued to see how he plays him this time around since this is a new approach for the character.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Maybe Brolli gets more regular speaking lines this time around. I could see that being a draw.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Do you guys hav any idea how long it takes to dub the movie? Like start of dub process, to end of dub process?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:05 am

Chuquita wrote:Maybe Brolli gets more regular speaking lines this time around. I could see that being a draw.
So far it looks like he's going to be the same as movie 8 Broly with barely any lines in base form, but making up for that by being a talkative bastard in LSS.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:41 am

PFM18 wrote:If it was UI Vegeta could they just be waiting to formally reveal it to give it a label?
I don't think we'll get UI Vegeta until a planet Sadal arc as that'll be a great place to let him shine. If (When) Vegeta gets UI it'll be to take down a main villain, something that won't happen here. UI is also a form that can't be used at will so they won't have to worry about explaining why Goku isn't the one taking down the main villain.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Maybe Goku and Vegeta will be fighting Broly 2 on 1 and they will bother gradually be transforming to keep up with Broly.
I think that's exactly what will happen. At the end Goku says Broly's getting stronger so they're not going to go all out at the start but instead power up as he does.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.