Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Appers

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Appers » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:34 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I just realized something; what if UI Gogeta ends up being in this film?
That’s overkill when UI Goku alone can beat Broly. A UI Fusion is literally a one-shot delete button for our heroes. Broly wouldn’t last 1 second!
and neither would the fusion for that matter :roll:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Scripting and designs were done well before UI even debuted. Designs for the film were completed October 2017. UI didn't debut until March 2018. Figures for the movie were sculpted late 2017/early 2018 either way before UI also, so that means everything was set to go by then.

Unless adding UI happened during production that would be the only way to explain the seemingly lack of merch for it on movie month.
I don't see how that negates the possibility of UI showing up. Just because it debuted in March doesn't mean Toriyama couldn't have given them the concept to work with months in advance. UI in itself has probably been a thing since Toriyama gave Toei and Toyotaro the outlines for the TOP in the first place.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Zelvin wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I hope Cheelai doesn't get killed
off unceremoniously like Frieza's other goons and Zangya did. She's cute. :P
Definitely need some Cheelai love. Wait til end of the movie, she just gets stuffed into a pod with Broly and they take off. She has no idea what's goin on an asks him why he saved her. And Broly just goes; "Nghh....Mate." in a gruff voice. "Eh?....EHHHHHHHH?!" and they zoom off together to have some happy green-skinned super babies. :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
U were fucking right
https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 1161560064
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:55 pm

I already love Cheelai and Lemo. I hope they can bring out some great character moments for Broly. It looks like they find Broly on that planet that we saw in the trailer.

My biggest hope for this film is to create a scenario where we don't know who to root for. I want Broly to be a character we sympathise with and see grow as the film progresses.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm

THE TINGLING BACKS WAS TORIYAMA’S IDEA
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1025909498999799808
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:THE TINGLING BACKS WAS TORIYAMA’S IDEA
That's quite neat.

[spoiler]I still can't fathom why the fandom went on such outrage over that little insignificant, inofensive piece of trivia.[/spoiler]
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
That's quite neat.

[spoiler]I still can't fathom why the fandom went on such outrage over that little insignificant, inofensive piece of trivia.[/spoiler]
I get why but i don’t think it’s that big of a deal

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Well it does fit with the S-Cells stuff going by the yellow things showing on Caulifla's back

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:34 pm

sorry double post
Last edited by YamiGoku on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Zelvin wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I hope Cheelai doesn't get killed
off unceremoniously like Frieza's other goons and Zangya did. She's cute. :P
Definitely need some Cheelai love. Wait til end of the movie, she just gets stuffed into a pod with Broly and they take off. She has no idea what's goin on an asks him why he saved her. And Broly just goes; "Nghh....Mate." in a gruff voice. "Eh?....EHHHHHHHH?!" and they zoom off together to have some happy green-skinned super babies. :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
U were fucking right
https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 1161560064
I dont know, maybe i still have the old Broly in mind, but even if this is the "updated" version of Broly, i still dont see him taking thesse two goofers seriously, i don't see him having a conversation with them or even aknowledge them...

I think at best, they'll show us 1 quick mission they had with Brolly, something like they coming out of the frieza ship, thesse two talk to Broly of their plan to accomplish the mission and Broly ignores them and just goes and does the mission in two seconds wille they just watch with the jaws dropped

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Chirai x Freeza is dead.

Long live Chirai x Broli.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Was Cheelai x Freeza ever even a thing? Besides the whole "not having a dick" aspect he doesn't seem like the type to want to settle down with anyone.

Also: If Frieza wants to kill Zeno, that means he really is going to be the final boss of Dragon Ball. Because how can you top killing the singular being that controls everything? It's so weird, I thought they'd go back to Omega Shenron or make a new last villain, but if Frieza's really going to have his own journey to insane strength in the background, then damn. We've never seen any character make a resurgance like this, even the ones people like. I'm almost impressed even if I don't really want that.
Last edited by Shaddy on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:01 pm

If Zeno is the one that defeats Broly, expect worldwide riots tbh, or fans chanting "We want refunds" while covering the cinemas with trash.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Unless adding UI happened during production that would be the only way to explain the seemingly lack of merch for it on movie month.
I believe that could be highly probable. I'm going to place my bet in Ultra Instinct being in the film.

If it isn't, then no harm, no foul. I'm not going to lose sleep over it; largely due to it being one of my lesser preferable forms.
Last edited by kudo6000 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Damn, well...I wasn't really on board with Broli when he was first announced, but the promo interviews and stuff are sure doing their job to get me hyped :lol: This interview in particular gave us some interesting tidbits about how Broli will interact with the 2 new characters, and info on their personalities as well. Toriyama is great at making new characters interesting, so I'm pumped to see how the "balance" mentioned here will work out. Noticed that Paragus is conspcuously absent, though. Perhaps he's only around as a catalyst to get things started, then he and his cute pink dress are out of the picture for the majority of the story.

It's both exciting and disappointing that the original screenplay would've made the movie 3 hours long. Great that it seems a lot of thought went into it, sad that they had to cut it down to make it closer to the standard length. Nagamine said he was able to get a bit more than the 90 minute time limit, but how much I wonder? Just hope that it doesn't result in the story feeling rushed/not well explained.

What parallel timeline do we live in that's making me become interested in a Broli story in 2018
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 pm

I'm calling it. The twist is that Frieza tricks Broly into fighting Goku and Vegeta and he Hope's the 3 will kill each other. Broly will be fighting Goku and Vegeta but Frieza is the real villian.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:36 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:I'm calling it. The twist is that Frieza tricks Broly into fighting Goku and Vegeta and he Hope's the 3 will kill each other. Broly will be fighting Goku and Vegeta but Frieza is the real villian.
He could, but that still doesn't solve the greater problem for Freeza mentioned in the interview, in that how can he become number one when characters like Beerus, Whis, and especially the Omni King(s) exist. Of course, he could still betray Gokuu & Vegeta just to get a bit closer to his goal, but he still has much bigger obstacles to deal with.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Sounds like more evidence that Toriyamas newer works don’t hold a candle to his older work.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:I'm calling it. The twist is that Frieza tricks Broly into fighting Goku and Vegeta and he Hope's the 3 will kill each other. Broly will be fighting Goku and Vegeta but Frieza is the real villian.
Paragus will shoot a laser beam from his ring to Goku.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:46 pm

sailorspazz wrote:
He could, but that still doesn't solve the greater problem for Freeza mentioned in the interview, in that how can he become number one when characters like Beerus, Whis, and especially the Omni King(s) exist. Of course, he could still betray Gokuu & Vegeta just to get a bit closer to his goal, but he still has much bigger obstacles to deal with.
And that's where I think the Dragon Balls play a role in this film. One of my theories is that Freeza wants Goku and Vegeta distracted by Broly throughout the film so he can collect the Dragon Balls and become immortal without having to worry about them interfering. This would also give Bulma a bigger role, searching for the Dragon Balls as well so that Freeza can't get his hands on them.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Also Goku is confirmed to be almost a God while Vegeta is desperately trying to catch back up. Sounds about right. Hopefully we don't see that awful SSBE transformation again.