Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am

Cetra wrote:
Skar wrote: Thanks for the info. On that very thread though, there was some discussion about the possibility of Toriyama being involved in picking Toyotaro after being presented with a few candidates. Where did the rumors begin of Toyotaro being Toriyama's "chosen successor" if Toriyama had zero involvement in choosing him?
I think it is because of an interview in which Toriyama-san said "here we have someone I can entrust Dragon Ball with without worrying" (paraphrased). So basically even with Shueisha picking Toyble, Toriyama-san afterwards still gave his approval that he really is appropriate.
Yes. Exactly. And this whole thing even though it wasn’t the word of Toriyama but meh. You can take it how u want: https://www.db-z.com/wp-content/uploads ... Page-2.jpg
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Bandai Namco posted that exact image themselves if you don't want a blurry shot-

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/wp-content/up ... essage.jpg

I don't own the Japanese version of this bonus comic myself, but I'm certainly curious how it was phrased in its original language. While the comic came with the collector's edition of the game in the west, it was a (digital?) bonus inclusion with the game's guide book in Japan.

That all being said, this is getting a little away from the intended point of this thread.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Meshack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Skar, glad to see that you’re against misinfo.

And for proof, it took a while surprisingly but here: viewtopic.php?t=41624#p1486025

And the link to the interview is also in that post.

Basically, first off, Shueisha already got the recruited the guy for the DBHeroes Victory Mission manga and later, when he requested to work on the DBS manga, Shueisha gave him the thumbs up. Nothing about Toriyama being involved.

So, no, Toriyama did not go out of his way to choose Toyotaro. He seems to lazy to do that anyway. Shueisha probabaly saw his work on DB AF, picked him up, he eventually ended up on the DBS Manga and Toriyama, as the chill guy he is, is just rolling with it.
Again, you're probably not getting that Shueisha could have asked Toriyama about Toyotarou even for DB Heroes Victory Mission.
Sure but unlike that claim, my claim has proof. Nothing suggests that Shueisha asked Toriyama about Toyotaro. In fact, it seems less likely considering Toriyama had nothing to do with the DBH Victory Mission manga. All we know is Shueisha picked up Toyotaro and nothing shows that Toriyama had anything to do about it.
How do you know Toriyama had NOTHING TO DO with DB Heroes Victory Mission?

Also, I fail to see how any of this has to do with Broly

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Noah wrote:
theTUN wrote:The idea for Zamasu came from Toriyama, who I'm pretty sure doesn't even know what the internet is. Apparently he hadn't seen the first Broly movie until a few months ago.
It's funny how people often dismiss Toriyama, some assume just because he forgets stuff he wrote on the original work (that ended 23 years ago), he's a hermit old man, living on his own little island, who don't care about things coming from the outward.
He thinks that Miguel is a girl's name.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:04 pm

So tomorrow is the 16th. Can we expect some movie news from V Jump already? Or do we have to wait until the 18th for the leaks to leak?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:13 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So tomorrow is the 16th. Can we expect some movie news from V Jump already? Or do we have to wait until the 18th for the leaks to leak?
The day it leaks changes from month to month so there's no way to tell. I assume we'll get something related to the movie but don't expect anything too big as they'll probably want to save the news worthy details for a date closer to the movie.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:22 pm

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So tomorrow is the 16th. Can we expect some movie news from V Jump already? Or do we have to wait until the 18th for the leaks to leak?
The day it leaks changes from month to month so there's no way to tell. I assume we'll get something related to the movie but don't expect anything too big as they'll probably want to save the news worthy details for a date closer to the movie.
We are only 4 months out from the movie. I would imagine we could get some juicy details now. Maybe have the biggest news next month and just have the last few months let everyone just salivate over the movie and speculate on how it is going to go.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:32 pm

Shueisha's October 2018 issue of V-Jump magazine hits Japanese shelves on Tuesday, August 21.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Bandai Namco posted that exact image themselves if you don't want a blurry shot-

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/wp-content/up ... essage.jpg

I don't own the Japanese version of this bonus comic myself, but I'm certainly curious how it was phrased in its original language. While the comic came with the collector's edition of the game in the west, it was a (digital?) bonus inclusion with the game's guide book in Japan.

That all being said, this is getting a little away from the intended point of this thread.
Appreciate the info.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Meshack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Meshack wrote: Again, you're probably not getting that Shueisha could have asked Toriyama about Toyotarou even for DB Heroes Victory Mission.
Sure but unlike that claim, my claim has proof. Nothing suggests that Shueisha asked Toriyama about Toyotaro. In fact, it seems less likely considering Toriyama had nothing to do with the DBH Victory Mission manga. All we know is Shueisha picked up Toyotaro and nothing shows that Toriyama had anything to do about it.
How do you know Toriyama had NOTHING TO DO with DB Heroes Victory Mission?

Also, I fail to see how any of this has to do with Broly
We don’t. But if we go off of everything thats been stated, its more likely that he had NOTHING TO DO with DBH Victory Mission. And think he had to do with it is like thinking Toriyama was involved with everything outside of the db main series.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with Broly so, convo over, i guess
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 pm

I think we’re gonna get some leaks during Shabbat this weekend

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:It's funny how people often dismiss Toriyama, some assume just because he forgets stuff he wrote on the original work (that ended 23 years ago), he's a hermit old man, living on his own little island, who don't care about things coming from the outward.
Source? :lol:

Also Miguel is not a common name for asians and it's not like Toriyama is tuned in latin soap operas.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:12 am

Noah wrote:
theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:It's funny how people often dismiss Toriyama, some assume just because he forgets stuff he wrote on the original work (that ended 23 years ago), he's a hermit old man, living on his own little island, who don't care about things coming from the outward.

Also Miguel is not a common name for asians and it's not like Toriyama is tuned in latin soap operas.
That's the name of Videl's mother apparently.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 am

theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:
theTUN wrote: He thinks that Miguel is a girl's name.

Miguel? As a woman's name?

Well, at least we can put a name to her mother now. That just leaves Vegeta's mother as a big question mark.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:

Well, at least we can put a name to her mother now. That just leaves Vegeta's mother as a big question mark.
Going by the naming conventions, as we have to go for vegetables, let's call her Meron :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 am

Vegeta's mums name shall henceforth be Rutaba. She'll be a plump rough-skinned woman who showed the King who's boss around the Palace.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 am

I would just like to say that despite toriyama's insistence I am not Videl's mother.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 am

theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:
theTUN wrote:The idea for Zamasu came from Toriyama, who I'm pretty sure doesn't even know what the internet is. Apparently he hadn't seen the first Broly movie until a few months ago.
It's funny how people often dismiss Toriyama, some assume just because he forgets stuff he wrote on the original work (that ended 23 years ago), he's a hermit old man, living on his own little island, who don't care about things coming from the outward.
The internet is probably exactly where he got that from. I look up foreign names all the time and see that they're for males, but because they have a meaning and a sound I like, and because I have no gendered association with them, I use them anyway for female characters. Toriyama liked the meaning of Miguel being an archangel, and the interplay of that with Satan being a devil.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I would just like to say that despite toriyama's insistence I am not Videl's mother.

I feel like we are going to need a maternity DNA test to debunk your stance on this matter.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
theTUN wrote:
Noah wrote:

Broly's mom is also a mystery, as well as the parents (and ages) of Cabba, Caulifla and Kale.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.