Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:52 am

Thanks for clarifying even further, Bullza.
Bullza wrote:
Sintzu wrote:Toei is expecting Broly to make 90 million $
Really? Where did you get this from?
Tatsuya Nagamine, the director of the film, said that his goal was for the film to make up to 10 billion yen at the box office. It was mentioned at the end of a recent interview with character designer, Naohiro Shintani.

By the way, will you be making another box office thread for this film like you did with the last two?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:21 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Tatsuya Nagamine, the director of the film, said that his goal was for the film to make up to 10 billion yen at the box office. It was mentioned at the end of a recent interview with character designer, Naohiro Shintani.
Oh I see that's interesting. When Resurrection F was coming close Toei set a box office goal of ¥4 billion though that was just domestically. I imagine that this figure would be for worldwide...$90 million...with the right push it could really do it.
By the way, will you be making another box office thread for this film like you did with the last two?
Oh yeah definitely, infact I've already written out the original post for the topic and stored it on my computer ready for when the time comes. Even found all the old sites and sources I used to get the figures for Resurrection F and put them aside too.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:36 am

I am now sure the yellow SS Broly we saw at comic con will only be seen once Broly goes from Anger to Full Power so I don't think he fights in it. The marketing for the movie has only concentrated on those two forms. Hell yellow SS Broly wasn't even included on the movie website update. Also since Goku is already battle damaged and struggling against Broly Anger I don't think they'll have him fight another form of Broly before SS Full Power especially since Goku likely isn't gonna use a form stronger than SSGSS.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am

Broly will survive this movie how do I know that ? And how I can be almost so certain of this claim well it's because we have been given character design and those gave us a huge clue given on how the story will unfold I put everything about my hypothesis on spoiler.

! WARNING DON'T SHOW THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE MOVIE PLOT ENDING BEING RUINED FOR YOU !
[spoiler]First we are being introduce to broly

Then we have a flashback of him

Followed by the battle of him in Ikari Mode and Legendary mode

Ending with Broly being brought back to his sense collected and his outfit wrecked
Image[/spoiler]
Now that I have sorted in order how we will saw each design on the movie I am sure that people will see things like me.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:12 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Broly will survive this movie how do I know that ? And how I can be almost so certain of this claim well it's because we have been given character design and those gave us a huge clue given on how the story will unfold I put everything about my hypothesis on spoiler.

! WARNING DON'T SHOW THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE THE MOVIE PLOT ENDING BEING RUINED FOR YOU !

Ending with Broly being brought back to his sense collected and his outfit wrecked
Image[/spoiler]
Now that I have sorted in order how we will saw each design on the movie I am sure that people will see things like me.
I believe you’re right. He’s also missing his collar there in that last sheet. This has to be post-battle.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Broly will survive this movie how do I know that ? And how I can be almost so certain of this claim well it's because we have been given character design and those gave us a huge clue given on how the story will unfold I put everything about my hypothesis on spoiler.

Image[/spoiler]
No need to keep it so secretive, this whole theory with the design sheets was already discussed a page or 2 back. I always thought Broly was gonn a live anyway. This just brings my certainty to 90 percent.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:07 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Image[/spoiler]
No need to keep it so secretive, this whole theory with the design sheets was already discussed a page or 2 back. I always thought Broly was gonn a live anyway. This just brings my certainty to 90 percent.
I'd rather playing safe, better hide my 100% certainty of how the movie will end and thus not to spoil the possible end of Broly for everyone.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:40 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

Image[/spoiler]
I'd rather playing safe, better hide my 100% certainty of how the movie will end and thus not to spoil the possible end of Broly for everyone.
I mean its pretty obvious that the character isn't going to die. From a business and narrative perspective its stupid to go through the hassle of bringing one of the most polarizing characters such as Broli into the main continuity and waste him to die immediatly in his first appearence.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:52 am

CTAkuma wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: No need to keep it so secretive, this whole theory with the design sheets was already discussed a page or 2 back. I always thought Broly was gonn a live anyway. This just brings my certainty to 90 percent.
I mean its pretty obvious that the character isn't going to die. From a business and narrative perspective its stupid to go through the hassle of bringing one of the most polarizing characters such as Broli into the main continuity and waste him to die immediatly in his first appearence.
The real question is what plans does Toriyama have for Broly if any at all
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:04 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Presumably a background anti-hero, taken from the quote of "Broli doesn't fight on his own initiative" he doesn't seem evil. I highly doubt he will be a Z-fighter though

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
I think having both Broly AND Freeza alive and possibly on the heroes' side will be overkill. If that's the case then are they going to bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:21 pm

sintzu wrote:I think having both Broly AND Freeza alive and possibly on the heroes' side will be overkill. If that's the case then are they going to bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
There's been a distinct lack of Frieza merchandise since his return last year, and they were pumping out Broly merchandise under the Super label long before his movie was formally announced. There's a TOP gashapon set with SS3 Broly of all things, ffs. And now they're putting the Ginyus in Super lines. Whether they're in the show or not has little bearing on how much they get merchandised.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:50 pm

sintzu wrote:Bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
Outside of Cell there is no popular villain to bring back

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:15 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
sintzu wrote:Bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
Cell would be the 3rd one if they brought him back. Cooler is popular as he's currently being pushed in Heroes so that's another one they can bring back.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: No need to keep it so secretive, this whole theory with the design sheets was already discussed a page or 2 back. I always thought Broly was gonn a live anyway. This just brings my certainty to 90 percent.
Well, they actually did it for Frieza. I can see Broly dying in the movie and come back 50 episodes later in a new series' arc where the Z Warriors will need his power.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Cell would be the 3rd one if they brought him back. Cooler is popular as he's currently being pushed in Heroes so that's another one they can bring back.
I dont think they’re making any other movie villain canon. Broly was an exception because he was highly popular WORLDWIDE. No other movie character even came near his popularity.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:41 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I don't think they’re making any other movie villain canon. Broly was an exception because he was highly popular WORLDWIDE.
We were all saying this exact thing when Freeza was brought back. I won't mind Cooler coming back but it'll have to be a very long time from now as they need to focus on new concepts once Super returns.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I don't think they’re making any other movie villain canon. Broly was an exception because he was highly popular WORLDWIDE.
We were all saying this exact thing when Freeza was brought back. I won't mind Cooler coming back but it'll have to be a very long time from now as they need to focus on new concepts once Super returns.
I'm CONFUSED. How were we saying the exact same thing if Freeza coming back is a completely different case from Broly coming?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I'm CONFUSED. How were we saying the exact same thing if Freeza coming back is a completely different case from Broly coming?
When Freeza was brought back in RF some thought it was going to open the door for more villains to come back but others said Freeza was a special case and he'll be the only one. I guess they (including myself) were wrong.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:40 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I'm CONFUSED. How were we saying the exact same thing if Freeza coming back is a completely different case from Broly coming?
When Freeza was brought back in RF some thought it was going to open the door for more villains to come back but others said Freeza was a special case and he'll be the only one. I guess they (including myself) were wrong.
I wasn’t one of them. I think its kinda stupid to think that them bringing a canon character back for a canon movie means that they might bring non-canon movie characters back. I still see Freeza coming back and Broly coming back as to different situations that don’t indicate anything about the future of dragon ball.