Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:30 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
sintzu wrote:Bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
Outside of Cell there is no popular villain to bring back
Cell is mainly popular in the West, not Japan. That's why Cell doesn't seem to get much coverage and merchandise in things like Dragonball Heroes. Toei and Bandai doesn't seem to care much about what oversees DB fans like, so I doubt they wold bring back Cell.

Cooler on the other hand has a high chance of coming to canon. He's already getting much spotlight in DB Heroes and he always had big Japanese fanbase.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:45 pm

ricky84 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
sintzu wrote:Bring back every other popular villain and make them "good" guys just to keep selling their merchandise ?
Outside of Cell there is no popular villain to bring back
Cell is mainly popular in the West, not Japan. That's why Cell doesn't seem to get much coverage and merchandise in things like Dragonball Heroes. Toei and Bandai doesn't seem to care much about what oversees DB fans like, so I doubt they wold bring back Cell.

Cooler on the other hand has a high chance of coming to canon. He's already getting much spotlight in DB Heroes and he always had big Japanese fanbase.
They did say the dragon ball room takes into account the international market so the potential is there, even if it's not as high as someone popular in Japan.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 pm

I'm glad the manga is ending soon, so we can direct our attention to this movie until the second trailer release.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:08 am

Noah wrote:I'm glad the manga is ending soon, so we can direct our attention to this movie until the second trailer release.
What are you talking about? The manga is going to adapt the Broly movie and very likely will continue the story
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 am

So no sign of news from the V-Jump ? :|
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:35 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:So no sign of news from the V-Jump ? :|
If there was anything it would've leaked a few days ago with everything else. I'm not surprised as there are still 3 months worth of V-Jump they can use so it makes sense to spread things out and line them up with the movie's release date. We'll for sure get something next month.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:13 am

They just published some Broly designs we had already seen. Nothing new in it, unfortunately. They still hold back Golden Freeza’s full design, God Vegeta’s, Vegeta in his Buu arc clothes, front shots of Blue Goku and God Goku and Bulma full designs for some reason.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 am

Bold new direction yet can't be arsed to use a song from Super but fall back on Cha-La yet again.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:24 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Bold new direction yet can't be arsed to use a song from Super but fall back on Cha-La yet again.
I don't think Cha-La's going to be the theme, though. In Herms' tweet, Anyumu Yahaba says that it's an instrumental from Sumitomo just with the chorus. I'm guessing it's music for the title of the film, similar to how Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F's titles had Cha-La playing in the background just with the chorus.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:46 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Bold new direction yet can't be arsed to use a song from Super but fall back on Cha-La yet again.
I don't think Cha-La's going to be the theme, though. In Herms' tweet, Anyumu Yahaba says that it's an instrumental from Sumitomo just with the chorus. I'm guessing it's music for the title of the film, similar to how Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F's titles had Cha-La playing in the background just with the chorus.
My point stands: it's a Super film, make music for it and leave Z shit behind. But that's a moot point since Broly is the focus this time around so any real attempt at a new direction was dead a long time ago. Fuck, might as well fire Sumitomo and just recycle Kikuchi for extra pandering points.

And before someone throws the ever stupid "you haven't seen the film yet!" argument, if your movie is bringing back a raging moron from the past, says it's doing something different with him then spends the entire big reveal trailer showing him acting like the exact same raging moron of the past, your message has less credibility than EAs.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
My point stands: it's a Super film, make music for it and leave Z shit behind. But that's a moot point since Broly is the focus this time around so any real attempt at a new direction was dead a long time ago. Fuck, might as well fire Sumitomo and just recycle Kikuchi for extra pandering points.
You'd be surprised by the amount of people that actually want that to happen.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:37 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: I don't think Cha-La's going to be the theme, though. In Herms' tweet, Anyumu Yahaba says that it's an instrumental from Sumitomo just with the chorus. I'm guessing it's music for the title of the film, similar to how Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F's titles had Cha-La playing in the background just with the chorus.
You'd be surprised by the amount of people that actually want that to happen.
I'm fully aware of how low people's standards are for Dragon Ball.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:17 am

sintzu wrote:
If there was anything it would've leaked a few days ago with everything else. I'm not surprised as there are still 3 months worth of V-Jump they can use so it makes sense to spread things out and line them up with the movie's release date. We'll for sure get something next month.
My guess:

September: The rest of the DB cast that are in the film.
October: More details on the god forms and Golden Freeza.
November: The big reveal of the mystery characters, with designs and screenshots from the film.
December: Since the film would have already opened at this point probably more designs or just talking about spoilers.

Leaks aside SSGSS Goku didn't get formally revealed until basically a week before the film but that was in Weekly Jump I don't think we've had a big reveal since then in that magazine? But since the Ichiban Kuji is scheduled for beginning of December means they're not gonna cut the big reveal close this time unfortunately. With still no news about the film in the UK I am not sure it's worth me avoiding stuff for the movie, hopefully Toei Europe pull their finger out soon...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:39 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November: The big reveal of the mystery characters, with designs and screenshots from the film.
December: Since the film would have already opened at this point probably more designs or just talking about spoilers.
Wouldn't it make more sense to save the mystery characters for December after the movie opens ? I assume spoiling everything will cost them some people not rushing out to see it which will hurt its box office numbers.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 am

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November: The big reveal of the mystery characters, with designs and screenshots from the film.
Wouldn't it make more sense to save the mystery characters for December after the movie opens ? I assume spoiling everything will cost them some people not rushing out to see it which will hurt its box office numbers.
Judging by the way I've seen lots of anime movies blatantly spoil events I think it's fair to say Japan doesn't care about this stuff the way we do.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:23 am

I'm always up for new music, so the possibility of just more Cha-La is disappointing. It'd be one less music track for me to buy. Also doesn't help that I've never been that big on the song in the first place.

I'll hope it's only for the soundtrack and not the actual opening theme.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:07 am

sintzu wrote:
Logically one would assume so, but unfortunately the Ichiban Kuji that contains the two new "super secret" characters is scheduled for early December... which means they will have to be formally revealed before hand. Bandai Spirits have revealed their full December Ichiban Kuji schedule and Dragon Ball is one of the first to be released, likely 8th December since 1st I feel is too early.

Japan loves spoiling crap, look at mastered UI couldn't help themselves but to ruin it just before March in Feb's Vjump so that is why I think they'll do the same for this movie and ruin the big secret characters in November's Vjump.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:33 am

Spoiling it in November I'm fine with. It's not like weekly series where I can watch it from home. You gotta go to a theater for this.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Logically one would assume so, but unfortunately the Ichiban Kuji that contains the two new "super secret" characters is scheduled for early December... which means they will have to be formally revealed before hand. Bandai Spirits have revealed their full December Ichiban Kuji schedule and Dragon Ball is one of the first to be released, likely 8th December since 1st I feel is too early.

Japan loves spoiling crap, look at mastered UI couldn't help themselves but to ruin it just before March in Feb's Vjump so that is why I think they'll do the same for this movie and ruin the big secret characters in November's Vjump.
Look at it like this. If they reveal Gogeta Blue, that will just make people HAVE to pre-order their tickets.

But i think ur wrong on the December thing. Does ANYBODY remember JUMP FESTA!!? You know, the event where the biggest Dragon Ball news is revealed most of the time?

I fully expect either an announcement of DBS coming back, a trailer advertising the next arc in the manga (as I'm sure it will continue after adapting the Broly movie), or whatever else is up next for the DB series as a whole. And the V-Jump scan will probably cover stuff about that
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:43 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Does ANYBODY remember JUMP FSETA!!? You know, the event where the biggest Dragon Ball news is revealed most of the time?
I forgot about it. It would be the prefect place to announce the anime's return as the movie will just be coming out so they'll keep people on the hype train.