Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Besides Beerus and Whis's presence and likely the character designs, there's nothing that really contradicts the end of Z in Super at all. In fact, Goku training Uub in a way fits better since we now have an ultimate transformation that isn't exclusive to saiyan genes.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New DBMFL article continues to look at the CG for the film. Doesn't really have any worthwhile information in it, unfortunately. Here are some images...
Here's something worth talking about. Looks like the Resurrection 'F' location we saw in the trailer and TV spots during the CG fight was indeed a placeholder.
Looks like this fight actually takes place at the snowy mountains location that we saw in both the teaser and first trailer.
I can't really be hyped about CGI fight scenes in an anime movie. Wish they would just remake that in 2D.
That could still end up happening. They could do something similar to this scene from One Piece Film Z and trace over the CG models whenever they're closer in the shot to make it look like hand drawn animation. Though I kind of doubt it since they've gone and added facial expressions to Goku and Broly's CG models while they're fighting, which wouldn't make much sense to do if they're going to have it be traced over later on.

Maybe for when the characters are really close in the shot they'll trace over the models. Even Resurrection 'F' did this, though it didn't blend well and looks really jarring when you look at it slowly. They've gone and said that they want the CG to look even better than FighterZ, which is a damn high feat to beat. I admire their goal, but they've really gotta put in the work if they want it to look better than FighterZ. Hopefully the next trailer will give us an idea of what the CG scenes will end up looking like in the final film.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:41 am

CTAkuma wrote:I hope Broli is still a villain after the movie
If they don't have to fight to kill Broly...He is ruined.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 am

Shaddy wrote:Besides Beerus and Whis's presence and likely the character designs, there's nothing that really contradicts the end of Z in Super at all. In fact, Goku training Uub in a way fits better since we now have an ultimate transformation that isn't exclusive to saiyan genes.
How would Beerus and Whis be a contradiction? They don’t spend every waking second in the human world. Them being away from earth for at least TWO DAYS is in no shape evidence that they were never there.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 am

Yeah but they'd be there. They're around so much in Super that you know they'd be there even if it didn't make sense. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
IM21 wrote:
Yea, looks like it's returning. The event is also right after the Broly movie so something is up.
Not 100% convinced yet, but it's a nice sign.

Also, new series would mean new name so I'm expecting 'SuperZ'.
No it really doesn’t. They can just keep Super going. No need for a name change.
They don't need to, but it would be kinda odd given that this franchise is pretty famous for having done this in the past. Not to mention that if they do go for a bit of style change, a new brand name would be recommended.
sintzu wrote:
Michsi wrote:I always assumed that they'd end this modern run of DB by having most of it's events erased or something contrived like that.
Why would they erase the events of something that's very, VERY successful ? All that matters to them is fitting it with EOZ and thanks to EOZ being so vague on everything that won't be hard to do.
There's that line about Bulma and Vegeta not seeing Goku for 5 years, which already contradicts Super.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 am

Michsi wrote:
They don't need to, but it would be kinda odd given that this franchise is pretty famous for having done this in the past. Not to mention that if they do go for a bit of style change, a new brand name would be recommended.
Nothing odd IMO. Dragon Ball Super has proven to be successful in every way. Now it's getting its own "Super" movie, so I don't see any reasons to change the name, it would only confuse people. Let the river of money flow with the "Super" name.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:33 am

Michsi wrote:Also, new series would mean new name so I'm expecting 'SuperZ'.
Dragon Ball Super GT.

And we finally get past Oob.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:49 am

I think those new models are gonna look fantastic once they're fully rigged and dressed out. Even the incomplete versions are miles ahead of the BoG and RoF models. The big hurdles will be the expressions and the hair movement.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Mnich wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Nothing odd IMO. Dragon Ball Super has proven to be successful in every way. Now it's getting its own "Super" movie, so I don't see any reasons to change the name, it would only confuse people. Let the river of money flow with the "Super" name.
especially since there hasnt been a large gap between Super ending and this new series starting. They should just keep the name

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Michsi wrote:Also, new series would mean new name so I'm expecting 'SuperZ'.
Dragon Ball Super GT.

And we finally get past Oob.
Not even with that name we would get past EOZ and having Goten/Trunks growing up.
When we're about to reach that part, Whis will rewind everything and we go back to the beginning of this timeframe.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:55 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Mnich wrote:
Michsi wrote:
especially since there hasnt been a large gap between Super ending and this new series starting. They should just keep the name
There was no gap between DB and DBZ whatsoever, they still changed the title. DB ended one week and DBZ started the next. Same with GT. Each wanted to signal that it was it's own thing and if they 're going to go forward with this new aesthetic and style, a new title is very likely to happen.

Anyway, long discussion for something that was more or less just a joke.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Michsi wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Mnich wrote:
There was no gap between DB and DBZ whatsoever, they still changed the title. DB ended one week and DBZ started the next. Same with GT. Each wanted to signal that it was it's own thing and if they 're going to go forward with this new aesthetic and style, a new title is very likely to happen.

I think the time gap they're referring to is in the real world. We went a long time without any Dragon Ball anime, between GT and Super. Super's last arc and the new season may not even be a year apart.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:20 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Michsi wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

I think the time gap they're referring to is in the real world. We went a long time without any Dragon Ball anime, between GT and Super. Super's last arc and the new season may not even be a year apart.
That was exactly what I meant, too. Gap or no gap, it doesn't matter. DB, Z and GT aired consecutively, so there only being a small gap between Super and this hypothetical new series has no bearing on the decision on whether or not it will have a new name.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Am I the only one who thinks we still need to see the Universe 6 Saiyans in this movie?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we still need to see the Universe 6 Saiyans in this movie?
Yes. We don't really need them in this movie. Let's keep them away so we will have something to explore in the potential U6 Sadala arc.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Am I the only one who thinks we still need to see the Universe 6 Saiyans in this movie?
I'd rather see them get focused on completely in their own arc rather than being forced into this one and rushed out.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
I'd rather see them get focused on completely in their own arc rather than being forced into this one and rushed out.
Honestly, I agree with this. As much as much as I love Caulifla, I can't think of a way of her including her in this movie without it being forced.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
Honestly, I agree with this. As much as much as I love Caulifla, I can't think of a way of her including her in this movie without it feeling forced.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Brolli'd upstage them. I think it's better to leave the U6 trio for an actual arc that's not a movie.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!