Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:37 pm

New DBMFL article interviews some members of the production crew. Not a whole lot was shown off in terms of images for the film. Here's some genga of Goku...
Herms has translated the article on Twitter.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 pm

They're making a trailer, that's good. Probably we'll see it in the next week because of NYCC.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Herms wrote:You'll cry in the first 20-30 minutes of the film!
Appreciate the info boys.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Herms wrote:You'll cry in the first 20-30 minutes of the film!
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New DBMFL article interviews some members of the production crew. Not a whole lot was shown off in terms of images for the film. Here's some genga of Goku...
Herms has translated the article on Twitter.
Appreciate the info boys.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:37 pm

Was Ultimate Battle a rock song?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:40 pm

I don't think my chance to be swayed by the ads for this movie will come until that NYCC trailer. If the crying's attributed to Minus....man very few people even liked Minus from what I've seen. Even I didn't like Minus. That's an uphill battle.

About them making it Brolli and full of fights because that's what they think international audiences want....that makes me feel sad. It also makes me feel like it's international audiences' fault we're getting a 5th Brolli movie instead of something fresh and new. I'm so soured on all fight no plot from how painful-boring the ToP was at times. Tragic Paragas? Eh. I don't really care about Paragas either. Unless they can make him relatable he was just that dastardly guy from Movie 8 only now he's old.

Vegeta gets to do something cool? That's fine. Don't really care much either way. More interested on if he's the one Brolli's targeting in this version instead of Goku. I do think it makes more sense for him to target Vegeta because if this is just a remixed Movie 8 then Brolli and Paragas have way more to be angry about at the royal family than they do random saiyan Kakarrotto.

I do like the estimate that the movie's probably somewhere between 1 and a half to 2 hours though.
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:50 pm

Well atleast Vegeta won't be the getting the M8 treatment in this one so thats good news

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Vegeta's real cool in the film too; it's a change of pace from him lately just being used for gags and/or getting beat up. Vegeta's battle with Broly will have an incredible sense of speed.
That's really good to know. I knew he'd be better written than he was in Z's 8th movie but it looks like they're going a step further by allowing him to stand his ground until the end. I can't wait to see what he'll get in terms of actual story as the whole destiny thing with him, Goku and Broly seems interesting and will hopefully pay off. He may not be defeating Broly outright but it's a step in the right direction.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:18 pm

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1046236259037863936

Premier will be held on Nov 14 for 1000 specially selected fans. Time to mute your twitter boyz and girls

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 pm

The film will be having its world premiere on November 14th at the Nippon Budokan.

Since the latest DBMFL article revealed that they're currently putting together the next trailer, would it be safe to assume that we'll be seeing the trailer at NYCC? I can't think of any other upcoming event where they would reveal it.

EDIT: Just realised that it's going to be spoilers galore on these forums during November all because of this premiere. It's gonna be Resurrection 'F' all over again. I'm gonna go into hiding around then and will do my best to unsubscribe/block YouTube channels that like to spoil shit. At least the wait won't be as long like it was with 'F' thanks to the quicker international release.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Swagger on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:30 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1046236259037863936

Premier will be held on Nov 14 for 1000 specially selected fans. Time to mute your twitter boyz and girls
We'll have to get off the internet completely to avoid spoilers. I can't wait to find out where the plot goes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:32 pm

WOW that's early!!

So we'll potentially know everything about this movie by mid-November?! Unreal.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:35 pm

The premiers for the last two films was only two weeks before release, too. The schedule must've been very, very good this time around.

If the first twenty or so minutes is going to make people cry I imagine it's a more dramatic take on Dragon Ball Minus, which makes me think that we'll also see what Broli and Paragus were doing during that time, too.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:37 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The premiers for the last two films was only two weeks before release, too. The schedule must've been very, very good this time around.

If the first twenty or so minutes is going to make people cry I imagine it's a more dramatic take on Dragon Ball Minus, which makes me think that we'll also see what Broli and Paragus were doing during that time, too.
Minus was a very rushed product so if they extended it that long then it could end up being redeeming. The premier may be earlier to get a good word of mouth out before it actually releases so the earlier it is the more confident they probably are.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 am

sintzu wrote:

We'll have to get off the internet completely to avoid spoilers. I can't wait to find out where the plot goes.
I quite literally cannot wait until December 14th to know the entire plot for this movie so I have no intention of staying off the internet for that month gap lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:18 am

PFM18 wrote:
sintzu wrote:

I quite literally cannot wait until December 14th to know the entire plot for this movie so I have no intention of staying off the internet for that month gap lol
Same here as no matter what I'll do spoilers will find their way to me so I might as well read the whole thing at once instead of getting pieces here and there. Hopefully the movie will have some hints at what to expect for the future.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:25 am

So between them bringing back Broly and Paragus, bringing back Frieza, probably bringing back Gogeta, having scenes from Dragon Ball Minus, after battles in the artic and battles surrounded by lava....

Does this movie any original ideas?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:35 am

Bullza wrote:So between them bringing back Broly and Paragus, bringing back Frieza, probably bringing back Gogeta, having scenes from Dragon Ball Minus, after battles in the artic and battles surrounded by lava....

Does this movie any original ideas?
Well, Minus was from Toriyama himself.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 am

Right now it's looking like it's mostly the visuals. We have new art direction. We have new coats and winter clothes for characters. We have older versions of characters. A beautiful redesigned royal castle.

I want to hold out hope for NYCC's trailer. Right now I feel so disappointed that all this cool artwork will go to waste retelling things we've already seen or already know.

That new trailer can't come soon enough.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:21 am

Bullza wrote:Does this movie any original ideas?
It doesn't look like it but if the ideas it does have are well executed it can potentially be Db's best movie.