Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:14 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The cast and crew comments have raised my expectations pretty high for this film. I really get the sense that this movie is going to be just as well written as Movie #18 was. I think this new Broli is going to win out hearts over.
Movie 18?
Movie #18 would be the 2013 film Kami to Kami. I think Toriyama will make Broli and the others just as enchanting as he did Beers and Whis in Movie #18.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:56 am

TheOne wrote:Not calling you guys liars (even if I am skeptical) but I’m pretty sure many months before the series ended, everyone was talking about how the DVD sets showing only 131 episodes (or somewhere near) was already signaling the series wrapping up at that point. So there was already evidence of this being a strong possibility. Making such claims of knowledge now well after the fact do absolutely nothing to prove you knew what was coming.
I'm not trying to prove anything. I was just annoyed at the guy who was blowing up my inbox on Reddit, where we don't allow any unconfirmed reports (no matter the credibility of the reporter) without massive disclaimers (and then only rarely), so I came here to vent in my own special way.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Spoilers For Trailer 2:
Meh, I'm hesitant on believing you, but I guess I can just wait for the trailer.

We're getting the second trailer soon, right?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Meh, I'm hesitant on believing you, but I guess I can just wait for the trailer.

Believe this Friday

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:

Trust me Geekdom is one of the few people you can trust about these types of things, he’s not about bullshit.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:05 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Trust me Geekdom is one of the few people you can trust about these types of things, he’s not about bullshit.
I don't trust Geekdom.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:14 pm

He provides reliable info most of the time, but I understand taking it with a grain of salt given what most DB YouTubers do.

Back on topic, if Bardock does indeed appear do you guys think he'll be more similar to the Minus, Bardock Special or Episode of Bardock character? I really hope they keep more elements from the specials regarding the backstory and his persona. Even though I love his old design, the Minus armor doesn't really bother me as much as the backstory.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Minus, we basically a scene in the first trailer straight out of minus plus toriyama has been heavily involved in this movie, don't think he will care about adding stuff from the Special
Last edited by RecolorSaiyan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:25 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Minus, we basically a scene in the first trailer straight out of minus plus toriyama has been heavily involved in this movie, don't think he will care about adding stuff from the Special
The manga had the scene of Bardock facing Freeza so that'll probably make it in.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:

On Friday, you will believvvvvveeeeeeeeeee

(Unless i was lied to, which is HIGHLY unlikely)
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Cetra wrote:
Why are you posting this? Are you not risking that nobody will ever tell you anything in advance again?
Not exactly. Things that are told to me in confidence stay in confidence (for example, i know things about Broly I can't talk about among other things).

This was multi-sourced. I multi-source everything (and if I can't, I tell you w/o revealing names). Even though a lot of people, specially Youtubers, don't care about journalism, i do.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Terez wrote:
TheOne wrote:Not calling you guys liars (even if I am skeptical) but I’m pretty sure many months before the series ended, everyone was talking about how the DVD sets showing only 131 episodes (or somewhere near) was already signaling the series wrapping up at that point. So there was already evidence of this being a strong possibility. Making such claims of knowledge now well after the fact do absolutely nothing to prove you knew what was coming.
I'm not trying to prove anything. I was just annoyed at the guy who was blowing up my inbox on Reddit, where we don't allow any unconfirmed reports (no matter the credibility of the reporter) without massive disclaimers (and then only rarely), so I came here to vent in my own special way.
I'm not either. My body of work speaks for itself. If a few people still haven't accepted my legitimacy, its unfortunate, but I'm not losing sleep over it. You would think all of the interviews I've done and all the times I've broken stories way before others would be enough... but I guess its not acceptable for a "YOOTOOBER" to have sources. okey dokey...

Terez and Ajay can tell you stories for years about stuff I told them ahead of time that came true.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 pm

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 0119640064

Nagamine won't be able to make the NYCC panel due to "unforeseen circumstances." Norihiro Hayashida and Akio Iyoku will be taking his place instead.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 0119640064

Nagamine won't be able to make the NYCC panel due to "unforeseen circumstances." Norihiro Hayashida and Akio Iyoku will be taking his place instead.
Does this hinder any of their plans on what to reveal to the public?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Terez wrote:
I'm not either. My body of work speaks for itself. If a few people still haven't accepted my legitimacy, its unfortunate, but I'm not losing sleep over it. You would think all of the interviews I've done and all the times I've broken stories way before others would be enough... but I guess its not acceptable for a "YOOTOOBER" to have sources. okey dokey...

Terez and Ajay can tell you stories for years about stuff I told them ahead of time that came true.
If it isn’t any trouble, might i ask HOW you got these connections? Is it just that are you grew as a youtuber, your sphere of influence grew bigger? Did you become more well known and people began to contact you or did you actually meet people who work at Shueisha or Toei or meet people who know people who work at Shueisha or Toei?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 pm

Nah, he's just an E-VILE MASTERMIND whom has controlled the minds of the influential and powerful to one day TAKE OVER THE WORLD, MWAHAHAHAHA!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Terez wrote: I'm not trying to prove anything. I was just annoyed at the guy who was blowing up my inbox on Reddit, where we don't allow any unconfirmed reports (no matter the credibility of the reporter) without massive disclaimers (and then only rarely), so I came here to vent in my own special way.

If it isn’t any trouble, might i ask HOW you got these connections? Is it just that are you grew as a youtuber, your sphere of influence grew bigger? Did you become more well known and people began to contact you or did you actually meet people who work at Shueisha or Toei or meet people who know people who work at Shueisha or Toei?
Man thats a great question that will require a lot of explanation LMAO! I can't really explain it here.

I think a lot of it has to do with just treating people right and respectful while not sucking up to them. As far as Shueisha and Toei, I don't really have a lot of connects there (specially Shuiesha). That's more of a "friend of a friend" type thing if that makes sense.

Japan is REALLY hard to work with because of language and cultural barriers. For example, we'd send Aoni an email and they wouldn't respond for weeks and weeks. Pieces of art for official promotion all have to be approved by Japan or else they get mad. Completely different culture. But there's a few that will speak to us.

a lot of them are actually fans of our work (videos, articles, etc).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:26 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1047332736715776001

Movie is 100 minutes
I was hoping for 110-115 but I'll take it. Does that make this the longest DB movie of all time?

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:30 am

PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1047332736715776001

Movie is 100 minutes
I was hoping for 110-115 but I'll take it. Does that make this the longest DB movie of all time?
Not including the extended versions of BoG and 'F', it's the longest Dragon Ball film ever. I was kinda hoping for 105-110 minutes, but this'll do.

I have a feeling that this movie will get an extended version once it airs on Japanese television just like with BoG and 'F'. I would much rather that than a retelling of the movie in the anime once it comes back.