Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:In Holland the movie probably will be in selective cinemas (in January?) as well. For the first time ever! So with a bit of luck i'll be able to watch the movie about the same time as the rest of you guys. That's some indication they want to give it a go in regions where it's not that popular yet.
Do you happen to have any link confirming this?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:42 pm

What's up with his fist? Is this an actual promo image or just fan art?

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:46 pm

Bullza wrote:
What is wrong with it? It's a bit blob-y but otherwise fine. This art reminds me of Tate mixed with Yamamuro, not a bad mix actually. :)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 pm

majinwarman wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:

New promo art
Source : http://brolysback.co.uk/images
Piccolo is getting all this emphasis, it is making me wonder if hell actually do something!
I think he will mostly fight Freeza soldiers again.
I hope not. I hope he fights Paragus or Beet who have somehow gotten fairly strong so it is a significant fight.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 pm

GTx10 wrote:What is wrong with it? It's a bit blob-y but otherwise fine. This art reminds me of Tate mixed with Yamamuro, not a bad mix actually. :)
It looks shoddy and weirdly round.

This is a fist. Whatever is going on with Broly looks like a pink soft ball.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Bullza wrote: It looks shoddy and weirdly round.
I'm not sure if that's Shintani or a promo artist mimicking him, but Shintani's (and modern Toriyama's) artstyles are pretty round in general.

I think it's pretty baller, myself. Definitely a refreshing change of pace for the series.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Piccolo, Goten and Trunks should fight the Freeza force maybe they have it to where he found a bunch of super strong mercenaries(shin is an idiot so he missed them).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:39 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Piccolo, Goten and Trunks should fight the Freeza force maybe they have it to where he found a bunch of super strong mercenaries(shin is an idiot so he missed them).
Shin is definitely an idiot so that could work. But if they are going to give Goten/Trunks/Piccolo fighting action they have to do it for some kind of purpose rather than just do it for the sake of satisfying people's interest in seeing them do things.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Bullza wrote:
GTx10 wrote:What is wrong with it? It's a bit blob-y but otherwise fine. This art reminds me of Tate mixed with Yamamuro, not a bad mix actually. :)

Other than lack of "definition" I don't see the issue. I think it's artistic difference. Plus I now want to see Broly pitch a pink soft ball...
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 pm

Looks like Ootsuka Takashi has already seen the movie. In other words, the movie is finished! This is great to here, although I wish they had kept working on it until the last second.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:08 am

JulieYBM wrote:Looks like Ootsuka Takashi has already seen the movie. In other words, the movie is finished! This is great to here, although I wish they had kept working on it until the last second.
I'm really digging the new style, I wonder if Toyotaro will try to mimic the design in the manga? Anyways, it really does breath life into the franchise and gives it a new feeling.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:14 am

Bullza wrote:
First off it looks just fine and please stop that "fan art'' comments, it's obvious you already knew it wasn't one.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:26 am

I didn't actually until I saw that the site was actually an official one.

Broly looks good except for his fist which has no definition, it looks softer than my own. Goku looks very amateurish with an aura that looks like it was done in a few minutes on Microsoft Paint.

The Super Saiyan Blue...is a much uglier Blue as well.
Piccolo looks fine but it looks like they copied and pasted some other characters aura over to him.

Golden Frieza sort of looks ok too but his aura again looks like they spent mayne only one minute on Microsoft Paint this time.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:26 am

Bullza wrote:
Piccolo looks fine but it looks like they copied and pasted some other characters aura over to him.
Whose though? As others have already pointed out, it seems to be a more subdued version of the bright blue aura Toei gave when he first fought 17.
Last edited by Michsi on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:31 am

Bullza wrote:
What’s the problem with his fist?? There is NO problem with his fist at all.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:17 am

Michsi wrote:
Bullza wrote:
Whose though? As others have already pointed out, it seems to be a more subdued version of the bright blue aura Toei gave when he first fought 17.
That means he is going to go toe-to toe with Broly at the end before a revived Cell comes along and absorbs Broly setting up Resurrection of C. :lol:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:44 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Bullza wrote:
What’s the problem with his fist?? There is NO problem with his fist at all.
Maybe he thinks lines blending in in between fingers is not professional lol

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 am

Bullza wrote:

A properly balled up fist is actually is supposed to look a little rounder rather than angular, particularly from that angle. People tend to focus too much on fingers and knuckles when drawing a fist, but there is also the palm to consider. The flesh gets compressed making it seem a little rounder. Same applies to fingers when they are tightly squished together.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 am

TheRed259 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:In Holland the movie probably will be in selective cinemas (in January?) as well. For the first time ever! So with a bit of luck i'll be able to watch the movie about the same time as the rest of you guys. That's some indication they want to give it a go in regions where it's not that popular yet.
Do you happen to have any link confirming this?

Well, i say 'probably' because it's not officially confirmed yet. But things would look pretty good.
A financial agreement would have been settled, only the papers still have to be signed.

Source: search in Facebook 'Dragonballsupermovienl'. Then you'll find the Dutch page discussing this matter.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:38 am

Bullza wrote:I didn't actually until I saw that the site was actually an official one.

Broly looks good except for his fist which has no definition, it looks softer than my own. Goku looks very amateurish with an aura that looks like it was done in a few minutes on Microsoft Paint.

The Super Saiyan Blue...is a much uglier Blue as well.

Golden Frieza sort of looks ok too but his aura again looks like they spent mayne only one minute on Microsoft Paint this time.
I’m not even a fan of Blue but I think the darker works better