Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Miracles wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Okay guys, it’s time to get mad again. Are you ready?? There was one thing in this summary that truly truly pissed me the fuck off! And that was Paragus scanning Baby Broly’s power level to be 920. Uhmmm... the Fuck!? It was very clearly revealed in a promo material a few weeks back that Broly was born with a PL of over 10.000! They just can NOT stay consistent at all it seems... Why is that so hard? Why do they contradict themselves soo fucking much? Sorry for my rant guys, but i am just really mad and dissapointed here. I just don’t see how i can EVER take the people behind the show seriously if they can’t keep things at least a little consistent as a collective. Everything changes all the goddamn time!

So was his power level 10 thousand now at birth? Or much less as these spoilers state....? I have lost all hope in the people behind this show.
Promotional material statements aren't fact until/unless it is in the actual story.
Yes but they usually don't lie outright with character plotpoints involving clear cut numbers, does this mean Broly isn't 10 foot in LSS either?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:48 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Okay guys, it’s time to get mad again. Are you ready?? There was one thing in this summary that truly truly pissed me the fuck off! And that was Paragus scanning Baby Broly’s power level to be 920. Uhmmm... the Fuck!? It was very clearly revealed in a promo material a few weeks back that Broly was born with a PL of over 10.000! They just can NOT stay consistent at all it seems... Why is that so hard? Why do they contradict themselves soo fucking much? Sorry for my rant guys, but i am just really mad and dissapointed here. I just don’t see how i can EVER take the people behind the show seriously if they can’t keep things at least a little consistent as a collective. Everything changes all the goddamn time!

So was his power level 10 thousand now at birth? Or much less as these spoilers state....? I have lost all hope in the people behind this show.
Promotional material statements aren't fact until/unless it is in the actual story.
Yes but they usually don't lie outright with character plotpoints involving clear cut numbers, does this mean Broly isn't 10 foot in LSS either?
Sure, but are power levels even plot points anymore? It was only used back then when it 'mattered' and never brought up again in the movie.
Feels over Reals.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm

RedHeat wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote: Promotional material statements aren't fact until/unless it is in the actual story.
Sure, but are power levels even plot points anymore? It was only used back then when it 'mattered' and never brought up again in the movie.
They are because the entire reason Broly was cast away because he was too powerful in King Vegeta's eyes. A PL of 920 isn't too powerful and that's assuming baby Broly always had a PL of 920
Last edited by CTAkuma on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:49 pm

I was initially a little iffy with Freeza’s wish, but if it’s really just a wish to be 5 centimetres taller, I think that’s won me over.

That is just far prettier than being a vague amount taller, and considering the exact portion he wants to be taller I see why he just didn’t transform. Because he doesn’t want to be a giant, he just wants to be all of 5 centimetres taller.

Love it.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote:

However, was that stat confirmed in the canon?

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Am I the only one who's a little emotional over finding out that Goku Finally acknowledges who he truly is and his saiyan heritage?

this feels like the first step to Character development for Goku rather than just powerups and boosts through willpower

and the fact that he sympathises with Broly knowing and understanding that Broly's childhood and way of living is truly similar to his own back when he was a kid getting raised by Grandpa Gohan

Honestly that won me over this happening made my heart warm and truly shows where Akira wants to take these characters next

and as for Freeza that Piece of shit (I had a huge gut feeling that he was gonna kill Paragus) Freeza basically killed Goku's parents (Gine Presumably is Dead along with the destruction of their home planet) Vegeta's father and Now Broly's

I Hope the beatdown Freeza gets from Broly is truly worse than Hakaishin Toppo's in the T.O.P I want Freeza to suffer in this film for being an asshole

most likely the story is a 6/10 and the overall visuals + Fight choreography hail it at a 8.5/10

Can't wait !

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Miracles wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote: Promotional material statements aren't fact until/unless it is in the actual story.
That's the reason we are talking about it here, since it mentions Broly having a PL of 10k at birth which fits in with King Vegeta exiling him for his power and this leak saying kid Broly has a powerlevel of 920 which contradicts the reasoning that King Vegeta was too afraid of Broly's power

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:Am I the only one who's a little emotional over finding out that Goku Finally acknowledges who he truly is and his saiyan heritage?
Wasn't that what happened when Vegeta died?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:Am I the only one who's a little emotional over finding out that Goku Finally acknowledges who he truly is and his saiyan heritage?
He did that back in the Namek arc.

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 pm

this feels like the first step to Character development for Goku rather than just powerups and boosts through willpower

and the fact that he sympathises with Broly knowing and understanding that Broly's childhood and way of living is truly similar to his own back when he was a kid getting raised by Grandpa Gohan

Honestly that won me over this happening made my heart warm and truly shows where Akira wants to take these characters next

and as for Freeza that Piece of shit (I had a huge gut feeling that he was gonna kill Paragus) Freeza basically killed Goku's parents (Gine Presumably is Dead along with the destruction of their home planet) Vegeta's father and Now Broly's

I Hope the beatdown Freeza gets from Broly is truly worse than Hakaishin Toppo's in the T.O.P I want Freeza to suffer in this film for being an asshole

most likely the story is a 6/10 and the overall visuals + Fight choreography hail it at a 8.5/10

Can't wait !
I mean..... he kinda already completely did that with his whole "I am" speech to Freeza way back in Z. But I suppose you could say he embraced it even more so with that step.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
*Saiyan arc.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:
But he never called himself kakarot.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:Honestly this movie seems worse than the original.
You have to explain yourself, then again didn't you hate battle of gods?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Dragono wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Does he call himself Kakarot in this?
Dragono wrote:
No, I loved Battle of Gods.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

JazzMazz wrote:I was initially a little iffy with Freeza’s wish, but if it’s really just a wish to be 5 centimetres taller, I think that’s won me over.

That is just far prettier than being a vague amount taller, and considering the exact portion he wants to be taller I see why he just didn’t transform. Because he doesn’t want to be a giant, he just wants to be all of 5 centimetres taller.

Love it.
I'm confused, the first wish on the dragon balls were panties to save the world. Gag wishes are nothing new to this series.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Dragono wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Does he call himself Kakarot in this?
Dragono wrote:
No, I loved Battle of Gods.
Yes, he does. According to spoilers.

Oh wow, then i am even more INTERESTED in why you don't like it. Because it seems like a solid dragon ball film to me. Pros and cons in all.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Honestly? This movie sounds like it'll be stupider than the first Broly film and only make that one look better narratively by comparison.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:20 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Yes but they usually don't lie outright with character plotpoints involving clear cut numbers, does this mean Broly isn't 10 foot in LSS either?
That's the reason we are talking about it here, since it mentions Broly having a PL of 10k at birth which fits in with King Vegeta exiling him for his power and this leak saying kid Broly has a powerlevel of 920 which contradicts the reasoning that King Vegeta was too afraid of Broly's power
That's why I'm just waiting for official subs or Herms to touch this movie.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 pm

I've just seen the summary of Ken Xyro and have some considerable differences between Narutoforums summary regarding fights. By the way, which is the most accurate?

In Narutoforums' summary, Goku and Vegeta only fight together when Broly turns into SSJ (as we saw in the trailer), but according to Ken Xyro they fight together against Rage Broly (which is strange because in the trailer when Broly is turning into SSJ, Goku is alone).

In Narutoforums, it is said that Vegeta SSG overhelm Broly base and only after almost defeating him Broly uses that Rage form and reaches Vegeta (without specifying if he defeated him), while Ken Xyro says all the time '' base Broly '' even when we see that he does not face SSG Vegeta only in his base form, and he says that Broly defeats him and Vegeta is unable to fight.

Ken Xyro says the fusion fails 3 times, while in Narutoforums it only fails 2 times (which is strange too, we've never seen what happens if it fails 3 times, maybe it's a mistake?)
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Now I understand goku never seen beerus full power but I do believe goku knows that and just going with it so beerus doesn’t blow up earth (lol) however stated last line to broly implying he “might” be, there some crazy guy somewhere in here and all over other website keep bring up how Jiren > all, but I’m going stop you there

Beerus fp => mui > Ssb gogeta > sslj broly fp => beerus => broly ssj or l before fp(?) <= base gogeta

That my opinion if you want yours go for it I’m just picturing how I see it after all that TOP / post broly movie nog site where Jiren is in atm since whole thing is shit show but remember that... Jiren is only above a GOD than his own GOD universe 11 nobody else.
Last edited by vashter on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.