Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

screegdbz

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by screegdbz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi!, does anybody have this https://imgur.com/a/R9vomXy character sheet settei of gohan GT in good quality? If you have at least more of these setteis from nakatsuru and yamamuro in good quality can you post them?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 pm

Is Freeza still alive at the end of the movie or he does die?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:45 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:Congratulations to all who called Gogeta and stayed firm to it.
It's been painstakingly obvious for months now. If you didn't already know it was happening you were just in denial.

Now, if you called it before the Xenoverse 2 leaks came out, THEN you deserve credit. But even by the time it was announced that it was a Broly movie and by that point we saw the connection with the HD remastered movies being about Bardock, Broly and Gogeta, we had a good idea that we would see Bardock, Broly and Gogeta in this movie.

But "AnimeNation101" deserves tons of credit because he called it before it was announced it was a Broly movie and therefore we didn't know about the Xenoverse spoilers or the HD remastered movies being connected to this movie.
Ah, duly noted.

Thanks for that info.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:48 pm

I'll be honest, when I first read the news that this Dragon Ball Film was going to focus on the "Origin" of the saiyans Power, I thought "wow so Toriyama is finally gonna reveal the original Super Saiyan God" Which I presume is Yamoshi correct? buut all of that escalated into something else which at first I thought by the title was already too predictable "Broly" and that there was going to be tons of Fan service for Fans, my hopes for a good film came crashing down but surprisingly I was proved wrong but all (three trailers) as I was reading The Summary from the Naruto Forums I realized the story Toriyama wanted to tell and the theme behind it (I think) was "the way you raise your kids is what they'll grow up to be" which was true from How Paragus raised Broly. I originally wanted this film to delve into the lore behind Yamoshi and his battle against the evil saiyans, S-Cells, all that good stuff, I had originally thought up a scenario where what if Yamoshi was Vegeta's ancestor and he ended up Fighting Broly's ancestor who was a real evil saiyan and at the time I thought it could Be Cumber/kanba from the prison planet arc in SDBH (Since he recognized the red haired form) but suddenly Yamoshi dies, we don't know what became of Kanba but for winning the battle his evil energy took over the people of planet sadala which down the road for future generations being evil was just something that was in their DNA and those that were good or pure of heart got that passed down thanks to Yamoshi's spirit so not all saiyans would be bad (it would sorta be balanced in a way) centuries later two saiyan warriors were destined to fight but because of different reasons but it's history repeating itself and it would've been cool to see that the reason why Broly is so evil hostile or savage is because the spirit of his evil ancestor lurks inside and takes shape whenever broly goes berserk, this is (My headcanon) but it can be said that reason Vegeta was able to successfully achieve the Super Saiyan God form without the ritual aside from training with whis was thanks to Yamoshi's spirit

that's what I originally thought this was gonna be about or go down this way even when the poster revealing Broly dropped but the trailers dismissed my scenario and to be honest I'm happy with what we got in the end and I hope Broly really is their Hulk whenever they need him to help them fight someone that's (angel) level (also I want to see him go up against Jiren)

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Is Freeza still alive at the end of the movie or he does die?
Frieza is still alive.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:53 am

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:58 am

Grimlock wrote:
Golden Freeza facing SSJ Broly? :lol:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:01 am

V Jump will leak this week guys. There’s a really good chance they’ll reveal Gogeta’s character design in there! Get hyped.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:02 am

Miracles wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Golden Freeza facing SSJ Broly? :lol:
Yeah that was in the spoilers. He gets his ass kicked as Goku and Vegeta learn the fusion dance.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:09 am

Grimlock wrote:
What a disgustingly low quality. Got anything better?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:13 am

Spoilers that have been posted only make me more excited for the movie! Freeza's wish and all!

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:26 am

As for some details, I'm happy the "Soul Punisher" attack of Gogeta's from Movie 13 didn't make it in - it's just an arbitrary, bullshit attack. Toei-original techniques are always unexplainable, OP and feel out of place (Dragon Fist, anyone?)

Also, I wonder if in this version Gogeta's vest pads are yellow instead of the arbitrary orange from Movie 13 (corrected in GT - go figure, GT correcting something! lol)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 am

Dragon Fist is fucking cool though. It'd actually make a good finishing move for the series, all things considered.
screegdbz wrote:Hi!, does anybody have this https://imgur.com/a/R9vomXy character sheet settei of gohan GT in good quality? If you have at least more of these setteis from nakatsuru and yamamuro in good quality can you post them?
You're in the wrong thread, you might want to make a new one in General Discussion, or try posting in this thread. You could also try asking some of the DB animation nerds on twitter, though I wouldn't know who to send you to first (I'll play it safe and say Ajay).

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:33 am

Noitsnothim wrote:I'll be honest, when I first read the news that this Dragon Ball Film was going to focus on the "Origin" of the saiyans Power, I thought "wow so Toriyama is finally gonna reveal the original Super Saiyan God" Which I presume is Yamoshi correct? buut all of that escalated into something else which at first I thought by the title was already too predictable "Broly" and that there was going to be tons of Fan service for Fans, my hopes for a good film came crashing down but surprisingly I was proved wrong but all (three trailers) as I was reading The Summary from the Naruto Forums I realized the story Toriyama wanted to tell and the theme behind it (I think) was "the way you raise your kids is what they'll grow up to be" which was true from How Paragus raised Broly. I originally wanted this film to delve into the lore behind Yamoshi and his battle against the evil saiyans, S-Cells, all that good stuff, I had originally thought up a scenario where what if Yamoshi was Vegeta's ancestor and he ended up Fighting Broly's ancestor who was a real evil saiyan and at the time I thought it could Be Cumber/kanba from the prison planet arc in SDBH (Since he recognized the red haired form) but suddenly Yamoshi dies, we don't know what became of Kanba but for winning the battle his evil energy took over the people of planet sadala which down the road for future generations being evil was just something that was in their DNA and those that were good or pure of heart got that passed down thanks to Yamoshi's spirit so not all saiyans would be bad (it would sorta be balanced in a way) centuries later two saiyan warriors were destined to fight but because of different reasons but it's history repeating itself and it would've been cool to see that the reason why Broly is so evil hostile or savage is because the spirit of his evil ancestor lurks inside and takes shape whenever broly goes berserk, this is (My headcanon) but it can be said that reason Vegeta was able to successfully achieve the Super Saiyan God form without the ritual aside from training with whis was thanks to Yamoshi's spirit

that's what I originally thought this was gonna be about or go down this way even when the poster revealing Broly dropped but the trailers dismissed my scenario and to be honest I'm happy with what we got in the end and I hope Broly really is their Hulk whenever they need him to help them fight someone that's (angel) level (also I want to see him go up against Jiren)
That would have been much better then what we have now. That "lineage destiny" sort of background really provides more levels to the story, plus it's goes into what the manga said about how kale is a "demon" sayain. I wouldn't be surprised if toyotaro or toei, if it comes back, added stuff like that. Remember, this was supposed to be a 3 hour movie. It got cut down in half.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 am

Saturnine wrote:As for some details, I'm happy the "Soul Punisher" attack of Gogeta's from Movie 13 didn't make it in - it's just an arbitrary, bullshit attack. Toei-original techniques are always unexplainable, OP and feel out of place (Dragon Fist, anyone?)
I dunno was Gotenks’ Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack ever explainable? How does he spit sentient ghosts?
Also, I wonder if in this version Gogeta's vest pads are yellow instead of the arbitrary orange from Movie 13 (corrected in GT - go figure, GT correcting something! lol)
Yellow vest pads would also go better with blue hair.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 am

Why didn’t Gogeta try to use the 10x kamehameha he used in GT to finish of Broly instead of a regular one?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:22 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why didn’t Gogeta try to use the 10x kamehameha he used in GT to finish of Broly instead of a regular one?
Canon arguments aside, the 10x techniques are exclusive to SSJ4 forms. And Gogeta used the Big Bang Kamehameha against Omega Shenron.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why didn’t Gogeta try to use the 10x kamehameha he used in GT to finish of Broly instead of a regular one?
Why would he? SSJB Gogeta was already wrecking Broly pretty easily, a regular Kamehameha was enough to put an end.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:25 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Canon arguments aside, the 10x techniques are exclusive to SSJ4 forms. And Gogeta used the Big Bang Kamehameha against Omega Shenron.
Oh okay, fair enough. I didn’t know that since i’m not an expert on GT. My bad lol

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 am

It seems according to some guy who’s seen the movie that Gogeta’s parts that were usually orange, are now yellow. This just pisses me off. Why the hell would they need to change that? It’s what made Gogeta’s design so awesome and it’s what seperated him from Gotenks. I was afraid this might happen since Tori and Toei always pull these stupid stunts but unfortunately it’s true now. Another huge dissapointment of this movie. It seems they dissapoint us one thing after another.