Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 am

PFM18 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Means there is still hope for Cooler in the future if they mention Frieza has family. Also King Cold is both Frieza's father and mother, he produced Frieza asexually
I’d assume Freeza’s race is asexual but has that every really been confirmed?
No, it hasn't been confirmed. That's just speculation. In the Namek arc though Freeza mentioned his "parents." As in, he has multiple parents.
It will be wild if Cooler get in the main continuity canon along with Frieza mother :lol: Imagine the fandom WILD !
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 am

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
No, it hasn't been confirmed. That's just speculation. In the Namek arc though Freeza mentioned his "parents." As in, he has multiple parents.
It's not just specualtion there is evidence that King Cold is his only parent, as the plural form of parents doesn't exist in Japanese and Frieza never once mentioned having something like a mother in the original Japanese
That's still just speculation. There's absolutely nothing stating that he is asexual or even implying it. He could easily have a mother that we just never heard about
Yet he knows about majin buu and Beerus from his father? Highly unlikely. There is more evidence of Frieza not having a mother than him having one

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:24 am

CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: It's not just specualtion there is evidence that King Cold is his only parent, as the plural form of parents doesn't exist in Japanese and Frieza never once mentioned having something like a mother in the original Japanese
That's still just speculation. There's absolutely nothing stating that he is asexual or even implying it. He could easily have a mother that we just never heard about
Yet he knows about majin buu and Beerus from his father? Highly unlikely. There is more evidence of Frieza not having a mother than him having one
I still don't really see how this can't just be summarized by what I said earlier as: "just speculation."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 am

This talk about moms made me remember we aren't going to see Vegeta's or Brolli's mom in this movie after all. :(
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:29 am

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I still don't really see how this can't just be summarized by what I said earlier as: "just speculation."
Him having "multiple parents" as you mentioned is wrong, funny how they also changed that in Kai to just "father"

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:49 am

Chuquita wrote:This talk about moms made me remember we aren't going to see Vegeta's or Brolli's mom in this movie after all. :(
And what would we gain from seeing them?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:51 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
Chuquita wrote:This talk about moms made me remember we aren't going to see Vegeta's or Brolli's mom in this movie after all. :(
More waifus

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am

CTAkuma wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
More waifus
General curiosity. Getting to see Gokû's mom made me curious to see Vegeta's and Brolli's.

Could they have added anything to the movie not already done by Paragus and King Vegeta? I dunno. Not without seeing the movie I don't know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:11 am

For those who were wondering there's no blood in the movie.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 am

Where there stamina issues in the movie?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 am

CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: Yet he knows about majin buu and Beerus from his father? Highly unlikely. There is more evidence of Frieza not having a mother than him having one
Him having "multiple parents" as you mentioned is wrong, funny how they also changed that in Kai to just "father"
He said "parents" which leaves the door open for a mother. Sure, he may not have a mother, but we don't know either way.

No matter which way you slice it, it has never been officially stated that Freeza's race reproduces asexually and you're just speculating about it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:59 am

PFM18 wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
He said "parents" which leaves the door open for a mother. Sure, he may not have a mother, but we don't know either way.

No matter which way you slice it, it has never been officially stated that Freeza's race reproduces asexually and you're just speculating about it.
Correction "parent", the plural doesn't exist in japanese.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:02 pm

It's entirely possible we could've seen the full Royal family, along with Broly's family, in the full Toriyama script. But since it was cut in half, maybe they'll be mentioned in the LN release of the movie.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:He remembers that killing Krillin on Namek unlocked Goku’s ssj power. So he kills Paragus to try to unlock SSJ Broly so that he can beat down on Goku and Vegeta
Makes me wonder... does Broly care for Paragus or not?

One could say yes, since he did become SSJ due to Paragu's death but someone else could say no, since he (they) didn't revive his father at the end of the movie with the Dragonballs. Also, we can't forget Movie 8 (even if it's not canon) where Broly killed his own father.

What I get from this is that yes, deep down he does care about his father but at the same time he knows that he was someone who just using him for his own purposes...?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:He remembers that killing Krillin on Namek unlocked Goku’s ssj power. So he kills Paragus to try to unlock SSJ Broly so that he can beat down on Goku and Vegeta
Makes me wonder... does Broly care for Paragus or not?

One could say yes, since he did become SSJ due to Paragu's death but someone else could say no, since he (they) didn't revive his father at the end of the movie with the Dragonballs. Also, we can't forget Movie 8 (even if it's not canon) where Broly killed his own father.

What I get from this is that yes, deep down he does care about his father but at the same time he knows that he was someone who just using him for his own purposes...?
In this movie, he definitely does because he is more tender/gentle. He even got angry at Cheelai and Lemo when they talked badly about his father and he got angrier when he saw his father's death. Even if Broly is kinda angry at his father, he still loves him. Paragus, on the other hand, cares much about his revenge and mainly sees Broly as a tool. They can't revive Paragus because they already used all the wishes.

Movie 8 Broly killed his father because his father wanted to leave him to death, so he kinda deserved it, even though Paragus had no choice because Broly escaped from his control and was going to destroy everything.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 pm

NEW DBS ARC INCOMING

Toyo’s manga will skip Broly and head THE NEXT ARC. The Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:NEW DBS ARC INCOMING

Toyo’s manga will skip Broly and head THE NEXT ARC. The Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc
Another prisoner arc?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 pm

I didnt think they actually gave a name for the arc did they?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm

CTAkuma wrote:

Another prisoner arc?
Lol. First we get a Prisoner arc with the Time Patrol and now a Prisoner arc with the Galactic Patrol.

I dont mind it though
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:32 pm

This new arc in the manga looks like it has the blood of Dragon Ball Heroes in it...

Hmm.