Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:This new arc in the manga looks like it has the blood of Dragon Ball Heroes in it...

Hmm.
Or Dragon Ball Heroes is the off-brand version of Broly and this arc, like the old movies were.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Lukmendes wrote:[

Looks like the fusion multiplier now makes any GOD transformation look like shit. Base Gogeta can destroy 2 SSJB lmao.

What was the point of SSJ God, they should have used Gogeta to fight Beerus.
Yeah, base Gogeta being that strong broke power scalling... Again. I thought before all of this started he'd need to start the fight at SSG to not get stomped.

I get the feeling that if the anime re-telling happens, Broly will put up a better fight, kinda like it happened with Freeza in RoF.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It's not that fusion was higher than ssjg at the time of BoG is that small gains for Goku and Vegeta are huge gains for Gogeta.

A post God Gogeta is much stronger than a pre god gogeta than a post god goku and vegeta are than pre god goku and vegeta.
So, what, the stronger the guys doing the fusion dance, the higher the fusion multiplier? 'Cause that's the only way to explain this, either that or fusion dance's multiplier was always that big and Goku is a dumbass for not considering to use it instead of Potara to deal with Beerus.

[.[/quote]

Fusion was never linear and never had an official multiplier. What has been shown is that a small power up the fusees made the fusion significantly stronger which was the argument for Gogeta beating Buuhan if he showed in the manga.

A buu saga ssj3 Gogeta is fodder to a post Top base Gogeta because Goku and Vegeta have powered up so much.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:NEW DBS ARC INCOMING

Toyo’s manga will skip Broly and head THE NEXT ARC. The Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc
HOW THOUGH

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:26 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Toyo’s manga will skip Broly and head THE NEXT ARC. The Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc
HOW THOUGH
I DONT EVEN KNOW BRO
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

HOW THOUGH
I DONT EVEN KNOW BRO
BRO I'm TOO HYPE, A NEW FULL ARC

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Herm said that new arc could be fake

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:34 pm

What does any of this have to do with the movie?

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:What does any of this have to do with the movie?
It was said after broly

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:44 pm

vashter wrote:
It was said after broly
But it ISN'T part of the movie. Therefore, it shouldn't be in this thread.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm

PFM18 wrote:
vashter wrote:
It was said after broly
But it ISN'T part of the movie. Therefore, it shouldn't be in this thread.
I understand people just hella excited

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Lol. Toei tweet geekdom101 with a wink eye after saying dragon ball will never end

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:58 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Fusion was never linear and never had an official multiplier. What has been shown is that a small power up the fusees made the fusion significantly stronger which was the argument for Gogeta beating Buuhan if he showed in the manga.

A buu saga ssj3 Gogeta is fodder to a post Top base Gogeta because Goku and Vegeta have powered up so much.
Fusion never had an official multiplier, but it did have a benchmark, since Goku says that not even Vegetto would be enough to deal with Beerus and that SSG was a power level he never knew it was possible, so base form Gogeta fighting Broly better than two SSB's, yeah...
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 pm

So Freeza has broly fight goku and vegeta because his henchmens scouters broke? He didn't even test his power out before hand and as the spoilers tell us. Broly starts out weaker than base vegeta.

What exactly was his plan?
Also what did he think ssj broly would do if he beat goku and vegeta, Bow down to freeza?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:So Freeza has broly fight goku and vegeta because his henchmens scouters broke? He didn't even test his power out before hand and as the spoilers tell us. Broly starts out weaker than base vegeta.

Also what did he think ssj broly would do if he beat goku and vegeta, Bow down to freeza?
It was probably a 'make-it-up-as-I-go' kind of plan.

Turned out splendid for Frieza, don't you think? :D

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:12 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:So Freeza has broly fight goku and vegeta because his henchmens scouters broke? He didn't even test his power out before hand and as the spoilers tell us. Broly starts out weaker than base vegeta.

I don't think he particularly cares or even considered what happened after that. Killing Goku has always and will always be his ultimate goal, by any means necessary. At this point he's accepted he can't kill Goku himself.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Except he had no way to predict broly would unlock ikari and keep getting stronger and stronger as the fight went on. Hell broly didn’t even have ss going into it and Freeza had to kill Paragus. Like if Vegeta was in a bad mood, he could have killed broly from the jump instead of playing by around with him and allowing him to grow and then what?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Is the timeline of this movie messed up? They say Paragus & Broly are exiled 41 years before the present day but then 5 years later Goku is 3 which logically makes him only 38 at the time of this film.... Which means all of Super would happen in a year,....
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:00 pm

At the very end of the movie, there's a small scene with Freezer who is colonizing a planet. He is told that the fugitives, Cheelai and Lemo, are on the planet with Broly and Freezer says something like that "It's okay, leave them. Maybe they'll manage to allow Broly to control himself and I would not be against having him by my side."
There's a gag with Freezer at the end of the movie, a reference with Vegeta who always has Goku by his side so he also wants someone by his side (so I think Broly could be his new friend).
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 pm

BrolyKale wrote:At the very end of the movie, there's a small scene with Freezer who is colonizing a planet. He is told that the fugitives, Cheelai and Lemo, are on the planet with Broly and Freezer says something like that "It's okay, leave them. Maybe they'll manage to allow Broly to control himself and I would not be against having him at my side."
There's a gag with Freezer at the end of the movie, a reference with Vegeta who always has Goku by his side so he also wants someone by his side (so I think Broly could be his new friend).
That might actually work so long as Broly doesn't figure out Freeza killed Paragus.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:At the very end of the movie, there's a small scene with Freezer who is colonizing a planet. He is told that the fugitives, Cheelai and Lemo, are on the planet with Broly and Freezer says something like that "It's okay, leave them. Maybe they'll manage to allow Broly to control himself and I would not be against having him at my side."
That might actually work so long as Broly doesn't figure out Freeza killed Paragus.
Sure. I don't think anyone saw Freezer killing Paragus, so I don't think Broly will ever figure this out. But it was just a "gag" so I don't see Freezer/Broly happening, unless Toriyama wants to do something special with these two.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu