Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Do you think the reason that Broly can't hit Whis is because Whis has Ultra Instinct? And does that mean if Goku was using UI, Broly wouldn't be able to hit him either?

Of course not. Dodging is a pretty basic technique that is not always related with the Ultra Instinct, also Whis is worlds above Base Broly, there would be no reason for him to waste it in such a weak opponent.
AnimeNation101 wrote:He remembers that killing Krillin on Namek unlocked Goku’s ssj power. So he kills Paragus to try to unlock SSJ Broly so that he can beat down on Goku and Vegeta
Which is still a stupid scheme from Freeza thinking he would not be attacked and also stupid from Broly seeing the guy who killed his father and yet believing it was somehow Goku and Vegeta's fault. I don't know was Broly so mind f***ed controlled on that scene or what?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:12 pm

BrolyKale wrote:At the very end of the movie, there's a small scene with Freezer who is colonizing a planet. He is told that the fugitives, Cheelai and Lemo, are on the planet with Broly and Freezer says something like that "It's okay, leave them. Maybe they'll manage to allow Broly to control himself and I would not be against having him by my side."
There's a gag with Freezer at the end of the movie, a reference with Vegeta who always has Goku by his side so he also wants someone by his side (so I think Broly could be his new friend).

Freeza had the comedy relief roles I see.
However, wasting Paragus like nothing to incite Broly for Goku and Vegeta's demise is classic Freeza deviousness.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Will we ever see the day where someone challenges an Angel? Could UI do it?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:51 pm

I don't see anyone talking about Aya Hisakawa's Bulma, hope she was well received...
Noah wrote:Which is still a stupid scheme from Freeza thinking he would not be attacked and also stupid from Broly seeing the guy who killed his father and yet believing it was somehow Goku and Vegeta's fault. I don't know was Broly so mind f***ed controlled on that scene or what?
Why would he think he'd be attacked if he made Broli believe it was his/their fault? As far as we know, Broli doesn't know Freeza killed Paragus.

Also, maybe his plan was to buy time for him to use the Dragon Balls.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I don't see anyone talking about Aya Hisakawa's Bulma, hope she was well received...
Noah wrote:Which is still a stupid scheme from Freeza thinking he would not be attacked and also stupid from Broly seeing the guy who killed his father and yet believing it was somehow Goku and Vegeta's fault. I don't know was Broly so mind f***ed controlled on that scene or what?
Why would he think he'd be attacked if he made Broli believe it was his/their fault? As far as we know, Broli doesn't know Freeza killed Paragus.

My guess is Aya did so well that even when people heard Bulma’s voice, they still forgot Bulma even had a VA change
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:I don't see anyone talking about Aya Hisakawa's Bulma, hope she was well received...

My guess is Aya did so well that even when people heard Bulma’s voice, they still forgot Bulma even had a VA change
In her brief role in the commercial or whatever, without a side by side, you couldn't even tell the difference between Aya and Hiromi.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Fusion was never linear and never had an official multiplier. What has been shown is that a small power up the fusees made the fusion significantly stronger which was the argument for Gogeta beating Buuhan if he showed in the manga.

A buu saga ssj3 Gogeta is fodder to a post Top base Gogeta because Goku and Vegeta have powered up so much.
Fusion never had an official multiplier, but it did have a benchmark, since Goku says that not even Vegetto would be enough to deal with Beerus and that SSG was a power level he never knew it was possible, so base form Gogeta fighting Broly better than two SSB's, yeah...
Goku and Vegeta's fusion pre ssjg could get no where near Beerus. Their post TOP fusion can exceed it because they have grown so much stronger.

Goku for example goes from terrified of Super Buu as a ssj3 to fodderzing ssj3 gotenks in the middle of super.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Lukmendes wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:Fusion was never linear and never had an official multiplier. What has been shown is that a small power up the fusees made the fusion significantly stronger which was the argument for Gogeta beating Buuhan if he showed in the manga.

A buu saga ssj3 Gogeta is fodder to a post Top base Gogeta because Goku and Vegeta have powered up so much.
Fusion never had an official multiplier, but it did have a benchmark, since Goku says that not even Vegetto would be enough to deal with Beerus and that SSG was a power level he never knew it was possible, so base form Gogeta fighting Broly better than two SSB's, yeah...
Goku and Vegeta's fusion pre ssjg could get no where near Beerus. Their post TOP fusion can exceed it because they have grown so much stronger.

Goku fir example goes from terrified of Super Buu as a ssj2 to fodderzing ssj3 gotenks in the middle of super.
It doesn't seem to have an official multiplier at all. We have, every single time, seen that the Base of the fusion is stronger than the fusees in their strongest form individually. Examples include:

Base Vegetto>SSJ3 Goku>SSJ2 Vegeta(Per Daizenshuu)

Base Kefla>BSSJ Kale>SSJ2 Caulifla

Base Gotenks>SSJ Trunks>SSJ Goten

manga Future Trunks arc Base Vegetto>SSB Goku/Vegeta

Base Gogeta>SSB Goku/Vegeta is consistent with everything we've seen on the matter.

But yeah Also, Base Goku at this point makes Super Buu look like a fly in his Base form at this point. He completely fodderized SSJ3 Gotenks in Base and he has gotten far stronger since that point.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:06 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:At the very end of the movie, there's a small scene with Freezer who is colonizing a planet. He is told that the fugitives, Cheelai and Lemo, are on the planet with Broly and Freezer says something like that "It's okay, leave them. Maybe they'll manage to allow Broly to control himself and I would not be against having him at my side."
There's a gag with Freezer at the end of the movie, a reference with Vegeta who always has Goku by his side so he also wants someone by his side (so I think Broly could be his new friend).
That might actually work so long as Broly doesn't figure out Freeza killed Paragus.
Sure. I don't think anyone saw Freezer killing Paragus, so I don't think Broly will ever figure this out. But it was just a "gag" so I don't see Freezer/Broly happening, unless Toriyama wants to do something special with these two.
Why do you keep calling him Freezer? His name is Freeza. Not Freezer. It’s annoying.

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:13 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: That might actually work so long as Broly doesn't figure out Freeza killed Paragus.
Sure. I don't think anyone saw Freezer killing Paragus, so I don't think Broly will ever figure this out. But it was just a "gag" so I don't see Freezer/Broly happening, unless Toriyama wants to do something special with these two.
Why do you keep calling him Freezer? His name is Freeza. Not Freezer. It’s annoying.
http://es.dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Freezer

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 pm

BrolySSJL wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Sure. I don't think anyone saw Freezer killing Paragus, so I don't think Broly will ever figure this out. But it was just a "gag" so I don't see Freezer/Broly happening, unless Toriyama wants to do something special with these two.
http://es.dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Freezer
Never use DB wiki.
They may have some valid information, but they fabricate a lot of crap, so not a particularly reliable source.
Also, in the super anime, they literally spell Freeza’s name as “Freeza” in English, so there is that.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:01 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Will we ever see the day where someone challenges an Angel? Could UI do it?
MUI Vegito or MUI Gogeta maybe

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:04 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Will we ever see the day where someone challenges an Angel? Could UI do it?
Make no mistake, by the time this series ends, Goku will be stronger than the Angel's.(Maybe not Daishinkan though) Eventually the student has to surpass the master right? It'll be like when Goku had surpassed Roshi and Roshi said he had nothing left to teach him. It'll be a while from now, but it'll happen I'm almost positive.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: That might actually work so long as Broly doesn't figure out Freeza killed Paragus.
It's reeeally not that big of a deal.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:36 am

Jackalope89 wrote:In her brief role in the commercial or whatever, without a side by side, you couldn't even tell the difference between Aya and Hiromi.
Seriously? The new one has both a higher voice and sounds much younger too, pretty noticeable.
miguelnuva1 wrote:Goku and Vegeta's fusion pre ssjg could get no where near Beerus. Their post TOP fusion can exceed it because they have grown so much stronger.

Goku for example goes from terrified of Super Buu as a ssj3 to fodderzing ssj3 gotenks in the middle of super.
I'm not denying their gains, just that SSG should still be above fusion, since becoming stronger shouldn't make the multipliers for it worse.
PFM18 wrote:Base Kefla>BSSJ Kale>SSJ2 Caulifla
Kefla is a weird case, since neither Caulifla or Kale seem stronger than Goku (Caulifla specialy, Kale did slap around Goku in Blue but later was just beating him with Caulifla's help while he was in SS2), so even if a rule like "fusion will be stronger than the strongest transformation on base form" is there, she should still be below SSG, yet, she easily crushed him, she's the living evidence that fusions are just as strong as they need to lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:40 am

PFM18 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Lukmendes wrote:

Goku fir example goes from terrified of Super Buu as a ssj2 to fodderzing ssj3 gotenks in the middle of super.
It doesn't seem to have an official multiplier at all. We have, every single time, seen that the Base of the fusion is stronger than the fusees in their strongest form individually. Examples include:

Base Gogeta>SSB Goku/Vegeta is consistent with everything we've seen on the matter.

But yeah Also, Base Goku at this point makes Super Buu look like a fly in his Base form at this point. He completely fodderized SSJ3 Gotenks in Base and he has gotten far stronger since that point.
Thank god that somebody said it.
Every fusion we’ve seen has been stronger than the fusees strongest forms whenever we’ve seen the fusion fight in their base form. At this stage it isn’t an inconsistency, but more a case of people not paying enough attention to how the fusion has been shown to truly work. No incostintency here at all, so let’s not throw away the line from BoG which clearly states that Vegetto wasn’t enough against Beerus, even when he was suppressed, and Goku couldn’t believe power like SSJG could exist even when he had thought about using fusion prior, as it doesn’t actually contradict anything shown.

Also there’s the also the explanation that the God multiplier isn’t the same post BoG if this movie’s following the massive increase Goku and Vegeta received in their base forms after becoming SSJG in the movies, and anime. As that power after unlocking SSJG is down to them retaining some of the SSJG power whilst still in base.
To just throw some numbers out there it would look like this. By the way don’t think about this much, these numbers are just to show that SSJG multiplier doesn’t change with Gokus initial base increase as that increase is due to ‘taking’ a little bit of the power of SSJG.
BoG Base Goku = 1
BoG SSJG = 1,000,000
BoG Base Goku (Post SSJG) = 1000
BoG SSJG (Post SSJG) = 1,000,000

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
I'm french and we do use Freezer, so I'm just used to it, but I didn't realize it was that annoying... I'll use Freeza from now on.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:56 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:

Thank god that somebody said it.
Every fusion we’ve seen has been stronger than the fusees strongest forms whenever we’ve seen the fusion fight in their base form. At this stage it isn’t an inconsistency, but more a case of people not paying enough attention to how the fusion has been shown to truly work. No incostintency here at all, so let’s not throw away the line from BoG which clearly states that Vegetto wasn’t enough against Beerus, even when he was suppressed, and Goku couldn’t believe power like SSJG could exist even when he had thought about using fusion prior, as it doesn’t actually contradict anything shown.

Also there’s the also the explanation that the God multiplier isn’t the same post BoG if this movie’s following the massive increase Goku and Vegeta received in their base forms after becoming SSJG in the movies, and anime. As that power after unlocking SSJG is down to them retaining some of the SSJG power whilst still in base.
To just throw some numbers out there it would look like this. By the way don’t think about this much, these numbers are just to show that SSJG multiplier doesn’t change with Gokus initial base increase as that increase is due to ‘taking’ a little bit of the power of SSJG.
BoG Base Goku = 1
BoG SSJG = 1,000,000
BoG Base Goku (Post SSJG) = 1000
BoG SSJG (Post SSJG) = 1,000,000
A lot of headcanon and gymnastics to cover up a blatant inconsistency. None of what you said is even hinted by the show other then your already faulting headcanoned power scaling. Point is, the line from BoG is probably retconed therefore making ssj god not that strong and probably weaker then A (not "some" or specified version) base vegito by A LOT. So.... buuhan>ssj god (BoG) in all likelihood.
PFM18 wrote:
Well, base vegito wasn't confirmed to be stronger then blue goku or vegeta in the manga, and he is definitely not stronger then mssj blue goku. A form which goku already knew of BEFORE he fused so there goes your evidence.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:13 am

BrolyKale wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Sure. I don't think anyone saw Freezer killing Paragus, so I don't think Broly will ever figure this out. But it was just a "gag" so I don't see Freezer/Broly happening, unless Toriyama wants to do something special with these two.
I'm french and we do use Freezer, so I'm just used to it, but I didn't realize it was that annoying... I'll use Freeza from now on.
Call him what you what to call him. You been calling him Freezer, keep calling him Freezer.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:22 am

Well, I broke down and listened to Ajay's video about the spoilers. I gotta say, I'm not at all disappointed that I did. If anything, it has calmed any excitement I had for the story, as it seems to be very plain and straightforward so now I won't be disappointed. This sounds almost like a promotional anime movie with the purpose of displaying their new art style and mindset towards animation. In that sense, obviously I wasn't spoiled because no animation was shown in his video. So I'm actually more excited than I was before.