Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Obviously this wouldn't happen for plot reasons but Imagine if Vegeta did to Broly what he did to Ginyu(Tagoma) in the F arc and just killed him immediately. What exactly would freeza have done in that situation?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:25 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Noah wrote:Wasn't implied that Freeza killed Paragus on his front?
Freeza was like that "BROLY! BROLY! LOOK YOUR FATHER GOT KILLED!" something like that, he's making him believe that it's because of his own attacks (or random attacks from the battlefield) that Paragus got killed. Broly didn't see him killing Paragus.
Still a bit strange that Broly couldn't sense what Freeza was doing, but I'll wait until I see this scene on theathers.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Noah wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Noah wrote:Wasn't implied that Freeza killed Paragus on his front?
Freeza was like that "BROLY! BROLY! LOOK YOUR FATHER GOT KILLED!" something like that, he's making him believe that it's because of his own attacks (or random attacks from the battlefield) that Paragus got killed. Broly didn't see him killing Paragus.
Still a bit strange that Broly couldn't sense what Freeza was doing, but I'll wait until I see this scene on theathers.
Broly is out of control too, he is not thinking straight and is attacking everything.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Goku threatened to kill his son when he first transformed. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at ALL that something as unhinged as SSJ Broly would keep attacking whatever else was around him.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Why is no one talking or getting hyped about this week’s V Jump that will leak any day now? They may very well reveal Gogeta’s design guys!!!

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 am

Given that we know his outfit is the same, there isn't much to be hyped for. It's just one more case of "hey Shintani doesn't make characters look as janky as Yamamuro" out of the dozens of cases we've seen as news on this film has progressed.

Not that that's a bad thing, but y'know, the wonder and amazement of it all really isn't gonna come back until we (should) see new designs for the rest of the cast come the series' eventual TV revival.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:55 am

Now that I've read the detailed summary about the movie and seen multiple videos on it there isn't much for me to talk about until I actually see the movie in person.

Seeing Gogeta's design in VJump would be cool, but I'm more curious about how much this next manga arc differs from what they did with prisoners and patrols in DBH.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 am

Chuquita wrote:Now that I've read the detailed summary about the movie and seen multiple videos on it there isn't much for me to talk about until I actually see the movie in person.

Seeing Gogeta's design in VJump would be cool, but I'm more curious about how much this next manga arc differs from what they did with prisoners and patrols in DBH.
I expect them to be absolutely nothing alike. In DBH "Prison Planet" was just an excuse for a bunch of different characters to come and fight and the actual prisoner was secondary. I doubt this will be llike that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:50 am

PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Now that I've read the detailed summary about the movie and seen multiple videos on it there isn't much for me to talk about until I actually see the movie in person.

I expect them to be absolutely nothing alike. In DBH "Prison Planet" was just an excuse for a bunch of different characters to come and fight and the actual prisoner was secondary. I doubt this will be llike that.
I'm hopeful you're right. I wish the manga prisoner arc had started up before the DBH variation so I wouldn't have anything to compare it to though.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:11 am

You can't compare it to Dragon Ball Heroes any more than you can say Broly is a ripoff of Cumber. The similarities are surface-level at the absolute furthest reach, and completely non-existent on any other level.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:50 am

Shaddy wrote:You can't compare it to Dragon Ball Heroes any more than you can say Broly is a ripoff of Cumber. The similarities are surface-level at the absolute furthest reach, and completely non-existent on any other level.
No, but cumber is a complete rip off of broly.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:55 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:
Shaddy wrote:You can't compare it to Dragon Ball Heroes any more than you can say Broly is a ripoff of Cumber. The similarities are surface-level at the absolute furthest reach, and completely non-existent on any other level.
Are you sure? I personally don't think they are the same... they are both brutes, but that's about it.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:09 am

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am

BrolyKale wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
Are you sure? I personally don't think they are the same... they are both brutes, but that's about it.
So basically what Zero is saying is that out of the entire Saiyan race, Broly should be the only one allowed to have a brute like mentality. Despite their brute like tendencies because of their race.... Makes perfect sense
How i predict the tournament will end:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:48 am

Well, the entire Broly story is covered in one panel in the manga, and the next arc takes place "a short time after the Broly fight"

I'm a bit disappointed we won't get to see the Broly story in manga format.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:47 pm

PFM18 wrote:Well, the entire Broly story is covered in one panel in the manga, and the next arc takes place "a short time after the Broly fight"

Well, at least it's a nice panel.
Toyotaros version of Broly looks pretty descent.
Wasn't a promotional manga 100 % confirmed?

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Well, the entire Broly story is covered in one panel in the manga, and the next arc takes place "a short time after the Broly fight"

Yes

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... -data.html

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Gt91 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Yes

https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... -data.html

Wow! I wonder who's drawing it!

*Hopes for DragonGarowLee*.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:00 pm

TheOne wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
supersaiyanZero wrote:
So basically what Zero is saying is that out of the entire Saiyan race, Broly should be the only one allowed to have a brute like mentality. Despite their brute like tendencies because of their race.... Makes perfect sense
Rather how many evil saiyans with ultra special powers/forms and crazy high natural Battle Powers are there. If this many existed, they should have been able to easily overpower Frieza and his army... piling more and more makes the saiyan extinction by Frieza more and more nonsensical.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:17 pm

TheMikado wrote:
TheOne wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Are you sure? I personally don't think they are the same... they are both brutes, but that's about it.
Rather how many evil saiyans with ultra special powers/forms and crazy high natural Battle Powers are there. If this many existed, they should have been able to easily overpower Frieza and his army... piling more and more makes the saiyan extinction by Frieza more and more nonsensical.
Just one. A Saiyan exiled to Planet Vegeta who has nothing to do with the Saiyan extinction. Actually if you take into account that Broly is not evil then 0 of them.

Cumber isnt part of the main continuity.