Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kinokima » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Two days left promo trailer.

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 2149708800
Why is Vegeta wearing his Buu arc outfit? I prefered the navy blue armor that he had in the concept art, and I don't want anything reminding me of the Buu arc.
Grimlock wrote:Damn, for a second I thought Goku had transformed into Super Saiyan 2. It would be nice to see that glorious transformation in the movie look. Too bad it won't appear though.
I mean it's only slightly different from SSJ, so I don't see an issue with it.

He wears both and in fact his armor outfit gets battle damaged to look like the Buu Saga outfit. You can clearly see this in the trailers.

I personally prefer his Buu arc outfit. Tired of the armor, even though the darker blue looks nicer with his armor I am still happy they brought his Buu outfit back. It’s my favorite Vegeta outfit (well that and his EOZ one)

Anyways the armor is definitely in the movie too so don’t worry about it! I think in this scene he is sparring with Goku and in his Buu outfit. Which makes sense. He never wore armor when he was just training until Super.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Yay tank-top Vegeta!

Almost any different Vegeta outfit is a welcome change from the Cell arc armor at this point, imo.

Also that vein bulge on Gokû's forehead; how Toriyama!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:It's the sealing and increasing ki thing he taught them. When they use it in Whis' staff, Vegeta mentions feeling immense pressure and thinks it must be divine energy. After that they go right to the Frieza fight and can use SSB.
They kinda got Blue before that, around the time Freeza was resurrected while they were sparring, kinda because they just had Blue's aura around them briefly, so it's unclear exactly when they got it, but yeah, Vegeta reacting to it like he didn't really know what it was implies they got it while they were in that dimension, but even if so, the sealing and increasing ki thing is what allowed them to move there, not really pointed out that's how they got god ki.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:19 pm

Lukmendes wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:It's the sealing and increasing ki thing he taught them. When they use it in Whis' staff, Vegeta mentions feeling immense pressure and thinks it must be divine energy. After that they go right to the Frieza fight and can use SSB.
They kinda got Blue before that, around the time Freeza was resurrected while they were sparring, kinda because they just had Blue's aura around them briefly, so it's unclear exactly when they got it, but yeah, Vegeta reacting to it like he didn't really know what it was implies they got it while they were in that dimension, but even if so, the sealing and increasing ki thing is what allowed them to move there, not really pointed out that's how they got god ki.
They were using the ki sealing technique when that happened. Whis taught it to them right before that because he noticed their ki was leaking out as they fought.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:They were using the ki sealing technique when that happened. Whis taught it to them right before that because he noticed their ki was leaking out as they fought.
Whis mentioned it was for the opponent to not sense their ki though, but yeah, them briefly getting Blue soon after he says that points at that being needed to get Blue, and now that I think of it, Goku also says that Blue is about having perfect ki control, so you're probably right.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:40 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Why is Vegeta wearing his Buu arc outfit? I prefered the navy blue armor that he had in the concept art, and I don't want anything reminding me of the Buu arc.
I imagine it's comfortable, but aside from that, I like to think it was their way of representing three eras of Goku vs Vegeta in the montage of their lives. The action shots in the foreground of the montage end with their Saiyan arc fight, so it transitions from that to their present-day sparring match.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:12 am

Kakarot is on crack and Nozawa's voice acting is as good as ever.

Got me pumped.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 am

https://twitter.com/YUUSLUG/status/1072653618422169605

"Kale

Female Broly

Timid and introverted. Doesn't like to battle but hides a terrifying combat potential."

I mean yeah it was quite obvious enough but they really had to go with that official title, huh... DB has at this point become a parody of itself.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:37 am

Actually I don't even know what's worse. The fact that they actually acknowledged the Female Broly designation or the fact that Caulifla is simply referred to as "Kale's big sister." She can't even have her own individual identity, it's in the same respect as saying Toma is "Bardock's best friend."

What does this all mean? Basically slap Bardock and/or Broly's name onto anything to sell. But I guess that's nothing new.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:40 am

Rakurai wrote:https://twitter.com/YUUSLUG/status/1072653618422169605

"Kale

Female Broly

Timid and introverted. Doesn't like to battle but hides a terrifying combat potential."

I mean yeah it was quite obvious enough but they really had to go with that official title, huh... DB has at this point become a parody of itself.
Weird that other characters have some description and Nappa doesn't have much lol.

What does it say about Turles by the way?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:30 am

So two days from now the movie will be released in Japan, will we know anything that we still don't know about the plot? :think:

PFM18 wrote:Why is Vegeta wearing his Buu arc outfit? I prefered the navy blue armor that he had in the concept art, and I don't want anything reminding me of the Buu arc.
Because it is his best outfit? :eh:

Also we could all say that we didn't want anything reminding us of the Android arc, but then we had the Jump Special (2008), BoG (movie), the majority of Super episodes and this movie too.
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Another interesting bit about this pic is that Gohan is taller than Goku (like is stated in a old guidebook IIRC), heights are inconsistent on DB in general, they often shows Gohan to have the same height as his father or Goku to be a bit taller.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Sheesh if someone could possibly shoot a hi-res screenshot of that transformation sequence my way, Christmas will have come early for me

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I like that they remember Gohan is taller than Gokû. I think it's only a one or two cm difference in the guidebooks, but it's cool when it happens because it means someone did their research.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:56 pm

If only someone did a research for Goten, Trunks and Marron though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:47 pm

So... my fiance and I won a trip to see the dub premiere tomorrow night! We fly out tomorrow morning and we'll get back Friday evening. I would have posted about it earlier, but the last few days have been frantic with real life stuff and trying to get ready for this trip so I've only told friends and family so far. Still, we're really excited to go and I'll try to give my first impressions of the film and its dub once we get back home Friday!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Wendel Bezerra (Goku brazilian voice actor) confirmed on Instagram that the movie will be released there on January 3.

That's awesome, probably the fastest debut compared to the japanese release (December 14).
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Noah wrote:So two days from now the movie will be released in Japan, will we know anything that we still don't know about the plot? :think:.
I think people should see if anything got changed from the November release. Like dialogue adjustments or maybe some added scenes?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:If only someone did a research for Goten, Trunks and Marron though.
It's not a matter of research, I just don't think they care.

And I don't see why we should, Goten, Trunks and Marron are irrelevant characters.
Noah wrote: Because it is his best outfit? :eh:

Also we could all say that we didn't want anything reminding us of the Android arc, but then we had the Jump Special (2008), BoG (movie), the majority of Super episodes and this movie too.
I think it's ugly. I think his current/Cell arc outfit looks way better, with his RoF/U6 outfit being second.

I much prefer the Android arc over the Buu arc so it doesn't bother me.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:And I don't see why we should, Goten, Trunks and Marron are irrelevant characters.
You again with this "irrevelant" argument? Let's be honest, it is a weak one. It doesn't really matter if they are relevant or not, it would be nice if some things were properly done. I appreciate seeing characters aging, it was a thing back in Dragon Ball and should be a thing these days, no matter how "relevant" they are.

Anyway, a one-minute and a half version of all the sountracks have been released, and here is the best one! :(
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:00 pm

The full OST has be released/leaked online if anyone's interested. Not gonna repost it here for obvious reasons, but it's pretty stellar.
Feels over Reals.