Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RedHeat
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by RedHeat » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:There's been tons of people coming out against him. Broly fans refuse to see the light.
Why do you think it's only "Broly" fans?
JohnnyCashKami wrote: (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one)
That's debatable tbh.
Because it's mainly people with something related to Broly in their names or Avatars posting on Twitter. Or people using this as a vehicle to start another 'gate'.
Feels over Reals.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that DBS: Broly's home release in North America is in April.
Is this true?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote: (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one)
That's debatable tbh.
Oh, definitely not. Old Broly was just a generic evil Saiyan like any fan fic ever with no character whatsoever, who's motivating by a crying baby. It's a joke. The New Broly movie is possibly the greatest thing that this franchise has ever produced.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:There's been tons of people coming out against him. Broly fans refuse to see the light.
Why do you think it's only "Broly" fans?
That's debatable tbh.
Because it's mainly people with something related to Broly in their names or Avatars posting on Twitter. Or people using this as a vehicle to start another 'gate'.
Yup one dude I watched one YT vid today and the person said this was the start of "animegate". Immediately left the video thankfully no ads played.
PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
That's debatable tbh.
Oh, definitely not. Old Broly was just a generic evil Saiyan like any fan fic ever with no character whatsoever, who's motivating by a crying baby. It's a joke. The New Broly movie is possibly the greatest thing that this franchise has ever produced.
No edgy lines alone makes him so much better.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:42 pm

DHM211 wrote:Some 1080p DBS: Broly screenshots for whoever wants them.
Can you take any of SSG Goku? Thanks!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm

DHM211 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Thanks! Where did you get these?
The movie was very briefly posted on Amazon UK.
Ah okay thanks. Do you happen to have more or know of a place to find more HQ 1080p screenshots?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:11 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:Imagine dozens of people saying it for nearly a decade.

Understand the REALITY that False Accusations are tremendously more rare than Genuine allegations, to the point that you should never assume an allegation is fake unless you have actual evidence pointing to that outcome
Dude, just because millions of people think something is true doesn't necessarily make it actually true. Many can believe a lie as if it's a fact because they were taught by their parents, friends, teachers or saw it on the TV.

No evidence, it's just hearsay.
The light? Mignogna has been vilified to hell and back and where's evidence of all those so-called victims? Come on.

I'm not even a fan of Vic or Broly (though Super Broly is definitely way better than the old one) but being that tons of people are making false accusations against a person without proof and companies actually supporting them so that they don't look bad, it's just ridiculous.

Imagine if a woman claimed that I was the father of her child and thus I had to pay her god damn child support. Would I do so because some woman told me I'm the father and I've never seen her before in my life? No. I'd want to do tests and have evidence, knowingly that'd be all bullshit so she'd get free money but at least she wouldn't make absurd claims anymore.

Vic Mignona's voice acting career is more or less over. I just hope he can recover and not fall deep into depression.
Agreed. It doesn’t matter HOW MANY people claim something to be true. We need evidence. For all we know it’s a giant conspiracy to destroy an individual’s life. Some who are reading this may think it’s far fetched. And while that is true, it’s still certainly possible! And interracting with humans have taught me to be disrustful of them. The truth is almost never found in the majority afterall. (Just look at how many people still believe in insane abrahamic religions that are now disproved and outdated by scientific data) People are potentially capable of quite literally everything.

If we live in an age and world where we requier no evidence at all, to get someone fired, arrested or charged, than i don’t want to live here any longer! Because anyone can get anyone arrested for any reason at all if they so will it. And no authorities will critically investigate the truth level of these claims. Saying: “But 20 people saw this and were there so they can testify” should not be considered proper evidence in court imo. Only camera evidence will suffice! Because that’s the only true evidence.
If many people are claiming Vic was inappropriate with them and has been with many others, including his co-workers, for years then it’s only right that his shitty behavior comes to bite him back.
I can understand people who want evidence only to an extent. If it was just an isolated case, I would agree but in this case there are way too many stories and even though some may be exaggerated or even false, many others are most likely true and there are definitely some pics of him being a little too inappropriate with his fans.
One shouldn’t be excused for his shitty behavior just because there’s no evidence. And Vic is not going to prison, he’s just losing his job in the very same place in which he misbehaved, and won’t be allowed to be inappropriate with fans anymore.
Does it mean that every single person who is fired needs camera evidence that they didn’t do their job well or any other camera proof for the given reason of said firing?
Would I need camera evidence that someone has behaved inappropriately with me for me to not want them in my house anymore? If the conventions don’t want to pay him anymore, that’s fine. It’s their convention, therefore it’s their rules. Like it or not.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that DBS: Broly's home release in North America is in April.
Is this true?
Yes.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:47 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
That's debatable tbh.
New Broly is just another Gohan, with a power growth that makes even less sense. Hardly the best thing in DB ever.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thanks! Where did you get these?
The movie was very briefly posted on Amazon UK.
Ah okay thanks. Do you happen to have more or know of a place to find more HQ 1080p screenshots?
I took these myself, but I'm sure you can find more floating around on twitter, or if you have a specific shot in mind I can take it for you.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 pm

DHM211 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
DHM211 wrote: The movie was very briefly posted on Amazon UK.
I took these myself, but I'm sure you can find more floating around on twitter, or if you have a specific shot in mind I can take it for you.
I was wondering if there were more screenshots of SSG Vegeta and Broly in his Ikari or SSJ1 form.

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:44 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
That's debatable tbh.
Actually show me in the movie where it says he was motivated by Goku crying.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

DHM211 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
DHM211 wrote: The movie was very briefly posted on Amazon UK.
Could you take a few screenshots of SSG Vegeta? If you have the time and are in the mood ofcourse.

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:12 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Can you take any of SSG Goku? Thanks!
GodVegetto91 wrote: Ah okay thanks. Do you happen to have more or know of a place to find more HQ 1080p screenshots?
Could you take a few screenshots of SSG Vegeta? If you have the time and are in the mood ofcourse.

Melkaniator
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Melkaniator » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:38 am

ruler9871 wrote: New Broly is just another Gohan, with a power growth that makes even less sense. Hardly the best thing in DB ever.
He's the newest flavor, hype is still on the air, not only this Broly isn't anything "great" he's just another survivor Saiya-jin of pure heart, DBS needs to push their limits and bring something new, let's see how Moro does, he's bringing new stuff already, though some old stuff seem like it'll be showing it's ugly face again soon, we'll see.
DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:48 am

Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote: That's debatable tbh.
it's more of a basic logical deduction than it is something that is explicitly stated.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:40 am

ruler9871 wrote:
jcogginsa wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
"Fairly legit" saying "I heard someone say..." or making up false accusations isn't "fairly legit". Imagine someone claiming you raped him/her without evidence.
Imagine dozens of people saying it for nearly a decade.

Understand the REALITY that False Accusations are tremendously more rare than Genuine allegations, to the point that you should never assume an allegation is fake unless you have actual evidence pointing to that outcome
What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? The burden of proof is on the ones who make the claims, NOT who the claims are against. This applies to accusations of ALL crimes, not just sexual ones.
1. There are mountains of evidence against Vic.
2. If you're worried about "Innocent until proven guilty" you need to apply the same thing to any claim that his accusers are making false accusations, since that is a crime and innocent until proven guilty applies just as much to them as to Vic.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am

DHM211 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:

Thanks! I appreciate it man.

Potara-Warrior96

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:35 am

PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
it's more of a basic logical deduction than it is something that is explicitly stated.
So him being stabbed as a infant and left on a dying planet never happened then? I mean it's totally not like Broly associates Gokus crying with what happened as an infant. At the end of movie 8 when Goku punches Brolys abdomen conviently in the same area where he was stabbed at, what does Broly do? Has a flashback to when they were infants as Goku tears into his chest. Theirs more logical reason to assume he suffers from ptsd with Goku being the trigger since his crying was the first thing he heard immediately after being born and before almost dying. Second Coming also reinforces this by having Broly be awakened by Goten crying who at this point mental has deteriorated from almost being killed by Goku in M8. As far as I've seen there really isn't much proof to say Broly hates Goku for simply crying beside him when they were new born unless you severely ignore everything else that happened.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 am

Potara-Warrior96 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Potara-Warrior96 wrote: Actually show me in the movie where it says he was motivated by Goku crying.
So him being stabbed as a infant and left on a dying planet never happened then? I mean it's totally not like Broly associates Gokus crying with what happened as an infant. At the end of movie 8 when Goku punches Brolys abdomen conviently in the same area where he was stabbed at, what does Broly do? Has a flashback to when they were infants as Goku tears into his chest. Theirs more logical reason to assume he suffers from ptsd with Goku being the trigger since his crying was the first thing he heard immediately after being born and before almost dying. Second Coming also reinforces this by having Broly be awakened by Goten crying who at this point mental has deteriorated from almost being killed by Goku in M8. As far as I've seen there really isn't much proof to say Broly hates Goku for simply crying beside him when they were new born unless you severely ignore everything else that happened.
For the bolded, that wasn’t where Broly was stabbed at.