Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:16 pm

PFM18 wrote:I think the story of this movie could benefit immensely from a retelling. It could flesh out the characters much more with the extra time, include the other entire HALF of Toriyama's script, could fix continuity issues with the anime by including SSBE/SSBKK, and it could hopefully fix all of the issues revolving around the wishes in the movie.(Shenron granting one wish and Freeza's wish being to get 5 cm taller)
Yea I mention that a while back I figured that 3 hours script going on manga/anime probably half of it I guess

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:M8 Paragus is a fantastic character already...
I think Paragus was a decent character in Movie, why would you say fantastic?
GAWD! When they will stop overusing this theme and making thousands of remixes? Z was over two decades ago, get over it... Super should pretend to be it's own thing, not an extension.
Xeogran wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote:Is Gogeta stronger than Beerus?
Yes, this is one of the rare times character statements can be used to confirm that.
Except it doesn't as these characters have never fought a fully powered Beerus.
Nickolaidas wrote:Frieza's explanation makes little sense since he could be immortal and then become stronger. A good explanation (and a way to handicap the immortality wish) would be that a mortal power level "locks" when a mortal becomes immortal. He can't die, but he can't get stronger either.

Still, Frieza could wish for a thousand better things than 5cm.
We all know he could, but you can't apply logic to such this content anymore.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:18 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Just want to let you know there is nothing about Soul Punisher in that summary either and again it says SSB completely domaintes Broly. Are you sure maybe you didn’t mishear?

I am not saying your info is wrong but sometimes to create accuracy it’s better to link exactly where info came from. Even a live stream should be saved somewhere so we can hear it again and verify the info.
It's not mentionned in the summary, they will probably edit it and add more details later. But Freza_sama said that in a livestream but is not on Youtube right now so I can't post the video. I'm french btw so I can easily understand what she is saying.
It's because this is the summary of Ken Xyro that was translated into French, I just read a little bit now.

I'm also not doubting this source, I'm just pointing out that this summary of Ken Xyro has some considerable and strange differences regarding Narutoforums summary, especially in battle scenes. As Goku and Vegeta SSB against Rage Broly and not against SSJ Broly, as we saw in the trailer, and the part of the fight between Vegeta SSG and Broly (in which Ken Xyro says that Broly defeats Vegeta, while in the other summary it is said that SSG Vegeta dominates Broly until he used the Rage form)

Ken’s friend isn’t fully fluent so that is probably why some things he posts aren’t completely accurate. I think the Naruto-Fan summary is probably more accurate

Although they both agree that SSB dominates Broly.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Noah wrote:
Because he's well executed, there's nice subtlety to him and he's sympathetic while also being a bastard. The reason Broly sucks dick in literally everything outside his first appearance is he lacks Paragus, the two of them create key context for one another that greatly improves their characters. When you take Paragus away from Broly, he's just a cackling psychopath. When Broly is with Paragus? He's the sadistic, twisted spawn of a man who actually loved him and this aforementioned sadism turns his dad into a cold bastard who sees his son as nothing but a monster and a tool.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Broly being stronger than Beerus doesn’t mean that Broly is stronger than Jiren. It was said in the anime that Jiren was above Beerus. But I guess if Goku did say that Broly is the strongest he’s ever fought than that puts him above Jiren.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Just want to let you know there is nothing about Soul Punisher in that summary either and again it says SSB completely domaintes Broly. Are you sure maybe you didn’t mishear?

I am not saying your info is wrong but sometimes to create accuracy it’s better to link exactly where info came from. Even a live stream should be saved somewhere so we can hear it again and verify the info.
It's not mentionned in the summary, they will probably edit it and add more details later. But Freza_sama said that in a livestream but is not on Youtube right now so I can't post the video. I'm french btw so I can easily understand what she is saying.

In that case when something comes out that confirms Soul Punisher please post if so we can verify it.

And note sometimes I mishear things in English

If anyone wants to ask her on twitter to confirm I guess go for it.
Here @1:34:24 https://youtu.be/VhY3yXJxMbE?t=5664 she talks about the Soul Punisher, she said that Gogeta couldn't finish Broly with the Soul Punisher.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Because he's well executed, there's nice subtlety to him and he's sympathetic while also being a bastard. The reason Broly sucks dick in literally everything outside his first appearance is he lacks Paragus, the two of them create key context for one another that greatly improves their characters. When you take Paragus away from Broly, he's just a cackling psychopath. When Broly is with Paragus? He's the sadistic, twisted spawn of a man who actually loved him and this aforementioned sadism turns his dad into a cold bastard who sees his son as nothing but a monster and a tool.
DBZ Movie 8 Paragus is a fantastic villain.

I rewatched all of the Dragon Ball movies not too long along, and I'd say he's the second best written character in the Dragon Ball movieverse (the first being Beerus). He wants to use his son's abnormally high battle power to help his race, only to be betrayed by King Vegeta and left for dead for that very reason. And when tries to control Broly's power, he realises just how wild and blood knight-ish Broly was -- making King Vegeta's decision to not trust Broly's strength actually justified -- and then decides to use Broly incredible strength as a tool to exact his revenge against King Vegeta... only for Broly to unleash his true power and kill Paragus.

It's all such wonderfully tragic and dramatic irony.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Because he's well executed, there's nice subtlety to him and he's sympathetic while also being a bastard. The reason Broly sucks dick in literally everything outside his first appearance is he lacks Paragus, the two of them create key context for one another that greatly improves their characters. When you take Paragus away from Broly, he's just a cackling psychopath. When Broly is with Paragus? He's the sadistic, twisted spawn of a man who actually loved him and this aforementioned sadism turns his dad into a cold bastard who sees his son as nothing but a monster and a tool.
Oh I see, that's an interesting view about their relationship, I always going to remember the scene where Broly kills his own father by crushing his pod, it was brutal and really impactful. Too bad we won't see that on this movie.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 pm

So I made this

https://i.imgur.com/xWz8P1k.png

Who do you think are the inspiration of the character of Vegeta ? Do we have a comicbook super hero who at first was vilain and turned good who match Vegeta and do we have another character who can fit another part of his persona ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:55 pm

mikey4111 wrote:Broly being stronger than Beerus doesn’t mean that Broly is stronger than Jiren. It was said in the anime that Jiren was above Beerus. But I guess if Goku did say that Broly is the strongest he’s ever fought than that puts him above Jiren.

no.... Jiren is above belmond his own god that is all.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Oracle wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Cheelai's and Lemo's background :
Could you tell me what happen to these two at the end and what did they do in the movie?
Freza_sama didn't say anything about them appearing at the end, but Berryblue is like Freezer's "caretaker" and iirc she can be pretty abrupt with him. And about Kikono... I don't remember anything about him.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So I made this

Who do you think are the inspiration of the character of Vegeta ? Do we have a comicbook super hero who at first was vilain and turned good who match Vegeta and do we have another character who can fit another part of his persona ?
Piccolo — Vegeta — The Grinch

:P

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:It's not mentionned in the summary, they will probably edit it and add more details later. But Freza_sama said that in a livestream but is not on Youtube right now so I can't post the video. I'm french btw so I can easily understand what she is saying.

In that case when something comes out that confirms Soul Punisher please post if so we can verify it.

And note sometimes I mishear things in English

If anyone wants to ask her on twitter to confirm I guess go for it.
Here @1:34:24 https://youtu.be/VhY3yXJxMbE?t=5664 she talks about the Soul Punisher, she said that Gogeta couldn't finish Broly with the Soul Punisher.
Thank you very much I sent to my friend in France to translate

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Simere wrote:

Piccolo — Vegeta — The Grinch

:P
:lol: The Grinch don't we have others characters a bit better lol and Piccolo we can't chose him the rules two characters outside DB ^_^
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:36 pm

vashter wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I think the story of this movie could benefit immensely from a retelling. It could flesh out the characters much more with the extra time, include the other entire HALF of Toriyama's script, could fix continuity issues with the anime by including SSBE/SSBKK, and it could hopefully fix all of the issues revolving around the wishes in the movie.(Shenron granting one wish and Freeza's wish being to get 5 cm taller)
Yea I mention that a while back I figured that 3 hours script going on manga/anime probably half of it I guess
but it's not just that there's a ton of things that could be done. I think this arc would just benefit from being stretched out, it doesn't seem like it is necessarily rushed, but it doesn't have time for a lot of things other than the "meat" of the plot, like Gohan literally does not appear in the entire movie at any point. We don't know what he's up to among other characters. You could add the extra elements in the script and expand the length of the story/arc and it would just overall have more to offer than the movie version. Also, I don't think Dragon Ball stories really fit a movie format very well in general.

Of course, it wouldn't look nearly as good, but that's fine.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 pm

so on nov 21 or 22 we getting some big time news for dbs jump festia?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 pm

vashter wrote:so on nov 21 or 22 we getting some big time news for dbs jump festia?
Probably, nothing is guaranteed though.
Feels over Reals.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:50 pm

RedHeat wrote:
vashter wrote:so on nov 21 or 22 we getting some big time news for dbs jump festia?
Probably, nothing is guaranteed though.
There was rumor chance we might be getting new arc

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Jump Festa is on the 22nd of December right? I don't think we'll get a preview of what they'll announce on that day. (Not that I'd mind, though)

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:03 pm

DBZ Broly = The Hulk + Doomsday

DBS Broly = The Hulk + Tarzan

As for Vegeta, my guess would be: Sun Wukong + Tetsuo from Akira