Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by vashter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Michsi wrote:Jump Festa is on the 22nd of December right? I don't think we'll get a preview of what they'll announce on that day. (Not that I'd mind, though)
You might be right I could've sworn it next week, can't remember.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So I made this

https://i.imgur.com/xWz8P1k.png

Who do you think are the inspiration of the character of Vegeta ? Do we have a comicbook super hero who at first was vilain and turned good who match Vegeta and do we have another character who can fit another part of his persona ?
No one from DC comes to mind, as most of those that did the heel-face-turn didn't happen until after DBZ's run. Prior, villains were villains and heroes were heroes.

Cassandra Cain was raised to be the best assassin ever, where rather than speech and written language, she was taught to read body language. But after her first kill, at the ripe old age of about 5 or 6, it frightened her and she ran. Ended up joining the Bat Family as the second BatGirl, and was even adopted by Batman (until Flashpoint screwed that up). Her Batgirl run is actually pretty cool.

Damian Wayne. Biological son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al'Ghul. Was raised for the first 10 years of his life by assassins with the belief that he would one day rule the world. But thanks to the influence of his father, and especially Dick Grayson, Damian changes from the cold and ruthless assassin to the current Robin. Eager to earn his father's respect and approval. Still puts on the air of arrogance, but underneath, is just a kid trying to find his way in the world.

Clayface in DC Rebirth went from villain, to not only Batman ally, but also helping Rebirth Cassandra work on her speech by practicing Shakespeare (this version was an actor before he was turned into Clayface).

But like I said, those didn't come until well after DBZ's original run.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Kinokima wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

In that case when something comes out that confirms Soul Punisher please post if so we can verify it.

And note sometimes I mishear things in English

If anyone wants to ask her on twitter to confirm I guess go for it.
Here @1:34:24 https://youtu.be/VhY3yXJxMbE?t=5664 she talks about the Soul Punisher, she said that Gogeta couldn't finish Broly with the Soul Punisher.
Thank you very much I sent to my friend in France to translate
No problem. Keep me informed.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:

Who do you think are the inspiration of the character of Vegeta ? Do we have a comicbook super hero who at first was vilain and turned good who match Vegeta and do we have another character who can fit another part of his persona ?
No one from DC comes to mind, as most of those that did the heel-face-turn didn't happen until after DBZ's run. Prior, villains were villains and heroes were heroes.

Cassandra Cain was raised to be the best assassin ever, where rather than speech and written language, she was taught to read body language. But after her first kill, at the ripe old age of about 5 or 6, it frightened her and she ran. Ended up joining the Bat Family as the second BatGirl, and was even adopted by Batman (until Flashpoint screwed that up). Her Batgirl run is actually pretty cool.

Damian Wayne. Biological son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al'Ghul. Was raised for the first 10 years of his life by assassins with the belief that he would one day rule the world. But thanks to the influence of his father, and especially Dick Grayson, Damian changes from the cold and ruthless assassin to the current Robin. Eager to earn his father's respect and approval. Still puts on the air of arrogance, but underneath, is just a kid trying to find his way in the world.

Clayface in DC Rebirth went from villain, to not only Batman ally, but also helping Rebirth Cassandra work on her speech by practicing Shakespeare (this version was an actor before he was turned into Clayface).

And from Marvel or other comicbook character ?
zarmack wrote:

DBZ Broly = The Hulk + Doomsday

DBS Broly = The Hulk + Tarzan

As for Vegeta, my guess would be: Sun Wukong + Tetsuo from Akira
Sun Wukong lol already taken by Goku : but Tetsuo refresh my mind why ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Question regarding the newly leaked movie synopsis:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Question regarding the newly leaked movie synopsis:
Well yes, that's what Whis was trying to teach Vegeta and Goku during Resurrection F arc after all
Last edited by mute_proxy on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:18 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Question regarding the newly leaked movie synopsis:
Jiren was able to hit UI Goku and he does not have UI.UI is based on reactioniary dodging, so if someone is significantly faster than you it makes no difference if you have UI or not.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:29 pm

The Akira Toriyama interviews on this movie is going to be interesting. Like the ones he did for BOG.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:46 pm

PFM18 wrote:I think the story of this movie could benefit immensely from a retelling. It could flesh out the characters much more with the extra time, include the other entire HALF of Toriyama's script, could fix continuity issues with the anime by including SSBE/SSBKK, and it could hopefully fix all of the issues revolving around the wishes in the movie.(Shenron granting one wish and Freeza's wish being to get 5 cm taller)
Hm, only way I can see Freeza making that wish look less bad is if he's aware that the dragon balls can't really grant the big wishes he wants so he goes full pety with the wish. I'll probably still think that Freeza just wanting to be taller is still bad though, since he never seemed to have a problem with his height.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:13 pm

Broly to Frieza.

“Hello. My name is in Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Miracles wrote:The Akira Toriyama interviews on this movie is going to be interesting. Like the ones he did for BOG.

Maybe he'll gives some first vague insights into the "future" after Broly during that interview, although the big announcement probably will be during Jump Festa.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
Miracles wrote:The Akira Toriyama interviews on this movie is going to be interesting. Like the ones he did for BOG.

Maybe he'll gives some first vague insights into the "future" after Broly during that interview, although the big announcement probably will be during Jump Festa.
Dragonball got a spot at Jump Festa?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Miracles wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Dragonball got a spot at Jump Festa?

Yes, there will be a panel concerning DBS. Further details ar currently unknown.

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm

vashter wrote:
mikey4111 wrote:Broly being stronger than Beerus doesn’t mean that Broly is stronger than Jiren. It was said in the anime that Jiren was above Beerus. But I guess if Goku did say that Broly is the strongest he’s ever fought than that puts him above Jiren.

no.... Jiren is above belmond his own god that is all.
No. Whis said there is a mortal fighting in the tournament who is stronger than a God of Destructuon and that God of Destruction is stronger than Beerus. He was talking about Jiren obviously since that’s what the arc led up to. It’s not hard to understand.
https://youtu.be/KtRte5RF_AY

Now stop spreading false information.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Maybe the Beast from the Beauty and the Beast? I mean, yes, Vegeta wasn't transformed into something "hideous" or something (except you count his Oozaru form), but he is also of royal heritage, a cold ruthless person at the beginning, want's mostly to be alone, something other than people is more important to him (Rose/Power and/or Immortality), treats his subjects poorly (cursed servants/Nappa and Radditz), yet he changes when he meets a smart woman (Belle/Bulma) and begins to open up until he is finally redeemed, but is still kinda harsh (or at least pretends to). Okay, there is no rivalry with anyone like Gokuu, but some things kinda fit. Although it's probably just an coincidence.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Xaroc wrote:

Maybe the Beast from the Beauty and the Beast? I mean, yes, Vegeta wasn't transformed into something "hideous" or something (except you count his Oozaru form), but he is also of royal heritage, a cold ruthless person at the beginning, want's mostly to be alone, something other than people is more important to him (Rose/Power and/or Immortality), treats his subjects poorly (cursed servants/Nappa and Radditz), yet he changes when he meets a smart woman (Belle/Bulma) and begins to open up until he is finally redeemed, but is still kinda harsh (or at least pretends to). Okay, there is no rivalry with anyone like Gokuu, but some things kinda fit. Although it's probably just an coincidence.
I think you are about right for one half of the characters that's make utter sense to me, it's like an Eureka I would say good analysis here.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:35 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:

And from Marvel or other comicbook character ?

I don't really read Marvel, and not that familiar with it beyond the big names. Someone else would have to chime in for that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 pm

So is this bit about Broly's rage form confirmed or just people jumping the gun as usual?

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:57 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Daichi Miura's ''Blizzard'' plays during the movie (fight)?
Please god no.