Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Meshack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
Meshack wrote:Doubt SSGSS Evolution would be used for this movie. Vegeta didn't even use the form in the ending of the final episode.

It's not gonna be used for the comic version so why bother putting in the movie? Toriyama didn't write it for the animated version so he has no obligation to put it in the movie.
That was a friendly match, not a life or death battle.

He approved it and is bringing Broly back which was more far fetched than a form that's already established within Super.
It doesn't have to be a life or death battle for Gokou and Vegeta to go all-out. If Vegeta wanted Gokou to go Ultra Instinct then Vegeta could have gone SSGSS Evolution. Also, just because he approved Broly doesn't mean he has to use SSGSS Evolution for the movie. Broly was an idea for a new villain for the new movie.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:29 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Honestly? I've given Super all the credits. But this Broly design looks almost exactly the same as the Broly from the older movies, it's not Shintani's fault because he just executed ideas.
Wtf how is it the same? of course he won't completely change the design otherwise it would Kale 0.2
Now, what are you talking about. Broly can't look like Kale, because Kale is based off Broly. Am I crazy, or is everyone else?
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Toriyama he watched the first two (three?) Broly movies, my fear is that he cames with the conclusion that fans love this kind of movies: Bulked villain beating everyone one, until Goku come with something out of his butt and defeats him. Please, don't do it Toriyama! We want more development!

Diggz92 wrote:I don't get what you mean. There are a few people in the dragon ball verse that has scars Future Gohan (cheek) Tien (chest) but we don't see them like that plus Bardock is dead same with Gohan.

Add Vegeta to the list, but too bad they forget about that.
Vados_chan wrote:[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Didn't like much that Base Broly is already that jacked and is he in a controlled LSSJ form in that Toyotaro illustration?
Meshack wrote:It's not gonna be used for the comic version so why bother putting in the movie? Toriyama didn't write it for the animated version so he has no obligation to put it in the movie.
Yes he has, since this movie is animated so he has to connect with what was in the anime, if he want to do different ask Toyotaro to do in the manga.
Just because the movie is animated doesn't mean anything. When I say animated series it means anime. I guess I have to do TV animated series to make it more clear. Anyway, he doesn't have to connect anything from the TV animated version but only connect what he used for the story. I would put $1000 on it that Toriyama WILL NOT USE SSGSS EVOLUTION.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm

superfan2024 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
sintzu wrote:
In some areas it was July 10th but It's written July 9th on the front page here so I'll just go with that.

I still cannot believe Broly is now "canon", especially under Toriyama as I always thought we'd have to wait years for Toei to take over for that to happen.
Honestly? I've given Super all the credits. But this Broly design looks almost exactly the same as the Broly from the older movies, it's not Shintani's fault because he just executed ideas.

Toriyama, bro, you really dissapointed me on this one, i never thought i would say this, but i do, with all my heart.

This franchise needs creativity.
Lol wtf are you talking about?

I'm giving my opinion. I don't like the new design. It looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I thought they would redesign Broly at least a little bit.
This is simply not valable.

I have fought many battles for Super, on boards, more than you could ever imagine, i fought for there the new franchise, but this dissapoints me utterly if this realy is the really is the new concept, sorry.

Do they even have any respect for their fans?
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Toriyama, bro, you really dissapointed me on this one, i never thought i would say this, but i do, with all my heart.

Lol wtf are you talking about?

I'm giving my opinion. I don't like the new design. It looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I thought they would redesign Broly at least a little bit.
This is simply not valable.

I have fought many battles for Super, on boards, more than you could ever imagine, i fought for there the new franchise, but this dissapoints me utterly if this realy is the really is the new concept, sorry.
Uh, I sorta edited my response before you posted your response to my initial response. Sorry lol.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Bergamo wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:
Wtf how is it the same? of course he won't completely change the design otherwise it would Kale 0.2
Now, what are you talking about. Broly can't look like Kale, because Kale is based off Broly. Am I crazy, or is everyone else?
You didn't get what I said. I meant if Toriyama completely changed Broly's design from A to Z, we would have something too different, something like Kale and I don't think that's Toriyama's intention in the first place. We still need to recognize that it's Broly, they need to keep his "classic image" they can't just make a completely new design and name him Broly. + I never said Broly was based off Kale wtf are you talking about...
Last edited by BrolyKale on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:This Broly design looks almost exactly the same as the Broly from the older movies.

Toriyama, bro, you really disappointed me on this one.

Toriyama already said he was keeping the design as that's part of what makes Broly, well, Broly. If you think about Goku there are certain things that make him who he is and if you wanted to "update" him you'd still have to keep those things.

When this was announced I was in shock just as much as everyone and was very close to going on a rant like others have but after thinking about it, It's clear that if done right, despite it not being the most original idea, this has the potential to be one of the best DB products ever made.

The destroyers, the angels, Zeno, Zamasu, and the universes are original ideas. The ideas that aren't the most original like an evil Goku and Freeza coming back have turned out great so the least we can do is wait for this movie to come out before fully judging it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm

sintzu wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:This Broly design looks almost exactly the same as the Broly from the older movies.

Toriyama, bro, you really disappointed me on this one.

Toriyama already said he was keeping the design as that's part of what makes Broly, well, Broly. If you think about Goku there are certain things that make him who he is and if you wanted to "update" him you'd still have to keep those things.

When this was announced I was in shock just as much as everyone and was very close to going on a rant like others have but after thinking about it, It's clear that if done right, despite it not being the most original idea, this has the potential to be one of the best DB products ever made.

The destroyers, the angels, Zeno, Zamasu, and the universes are original ideas. The ideas that aren't the most original like an evil Goku and Freeza coming back have turned out great so the least we can do is wait for this movie to come out before fully judging it.

I am noy mad at the community and definetely not at you, bro. I am just dissapointed this Broly looks basically the same as the orginal design.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:I am just dissapointed this Broly looks basically the same as the original design.
Having Broly at all on paper is disappointing but I'm banking on this turning into another Goku Black or TOP Freeza where the concept is lazy but the execution makes up for it. We should get a better idea on what we're in for once the trailer drops in 2-3 days.
Mister_Popo wrote:Do they even have any respect for their fans?
A lot of what they do is for the fans as these are popular concepts. If you want to see disrespecting the fans look over at the star wars club.
Bergamo wrote:Broly can't look like Kale, because Kale is based off Broly. Am I crazy, or is everyone else?
We live in a world that has a Broly written by Toriyama so I'm pretty sure we're all crazy at this point. :lol:
Meshack wrote:Just because he approved Broly doesn't mean he has to use SSGSS Evolution for the movie. Broly was an idea for a new villain for the new movie.
I mean that Blue evolution making it in was waaaaaaay more likely than Broly before we know it was him. He doesn't have to keep the form but by not addressing it in some way will just create a major inconsistency.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Freeza's involvement is what has me really stoked for this movie actually. Have no idea what he's gonna do or how he's gonna be involved.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:I am just dissapointed this Broly looks basically the same as the original design.
Having Broly at all on paper is disappointing but I'm banking on this turning into another Goku Black or TOP Freeza where the concept is lazy but the execution makes up for it. We should get a better idea on what we're in for once the trailer drops in 2-3 days.
A lot of what they do is for the fans as these are popular concepts. If you want to see disrespecting the fans look over at the star wars club.
Bergamo wrote:Broly can't look like Kale, because Kale is based off Broly. Am I crazy, or is everyone else?
We live in a world that has a Broly written by Toriyama so I'm pretty sure we're all crazy at this point. :lol:
Meshack wrote:Just because he approved Broly doesn't mean he has to use SSGSS Evolution for the movie. Broly was an idea for a new villain for the new movie.
I mean that Blue evolution making it in was waaaaaaay more likely than Broly before we know it was him. He doesn't have to keep the form but by not addressing it in some way will just create a major inconsistency.

I am not saying the story can't be good (alhtough i am starting to get worried based on this), but i thought Toriyama would re-design Broly. This is just ... Broly, nothing new, nothing creative being done with the design.
Heck, give him green skin like the Hulk, that's even more inspiring than this.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

sintzu wrote:
How would not referencing the form create an inconsistency? This movie is not 100 percent canon to the anime or manga of Super. This movie is 100 percent canon to Toriyama's outlines for Super however. He doesn't have to include or reference these forms whatsoever because Toei created them based on the outlines created by Toriyama. Toyo also made his MSSB forms based on the outlines. It's similar to RoF the film and DBZ the anime. DBZ had Freeza and all the villains keeping their bodies in Hell together, while Freeza's hell in RoF was completely different. The hell in the anime was made my Toei, while the hell in RoF was made by Toriyama himself as Toriyama wrote the entire RoF movie. Just because the anime or manga of Super adds stuff, if it's stuff Toriyama only approved of and didn't include them in his outlines, he doesn't have to include them in a movie that he is completely writing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Freeza's involvement is what has me really stoked for this movie actually. Have no idea what he's gonna do or how he's gonna be involved.
Goku and Vegeta are probably going to wish he went back to hell by the time the movie's over as he'll probably have something to do with Broly.
Mister_Popo wrote:I thought Toriyama would re-design Broly. This is just ... Broly, nothing new, nothing creative being done with the design.
Haven't you seen his base and regular Ssj designs ? they're pretty different from what they originally were.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Freeza's involvement is what has me really stoked for this movie actually. Have no idea what he's gonna do or how he's gonna be involved.
Goku and Vegeta are probably going to wish he went back to hell by the time the movie's over as he'll probably have something to do with Broly.
Mister_Popo wrote:I thought Toriyama would re-design Broly. This is just ... Broly, nothing new, nothing creative being done with the design.
Haven't you seen his base and regular Ssj designs ? they're pretty different from what they originally were.

Yes, to stay somehow positive, the suppressed SSJ-form with the yellow eyes looks pretty cool.
But the Legendary Form dissapoints me at this moment= it's exactly like Broly looked in the older movies or Kale when she wasn't supprressed during TOP.

It's not unreasonable one wants something new or renewing as a fan, does it?
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Yes, to stay somehow positive, the suppressed SSJ-form with the yellow eyes looks pretty cool.
Broly looks completely different. He is only similar enough for you to recognize that it is still Broly and ge still has his iconic "Broly" look

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Here Broly's new design vs his old design
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

we still recognize him for sure and its intended, but the design is different. You are just acting in bad faith if you say its the same.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:The Legendary Form dissapoints me at this moment= it's exactly like Broly looked in the older movies.
That's too classic of a look to change and is part of the reason they're making this movie in the first place. I understand why you don't like it but hopefully you'll change your mind a bit once you see the trailer.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:The Legendary Form dissapoints me at this moment= it's exactly like Broly looked in the older movies.
That's too classic of a look to change and is part of the reason they're making this movie in the first place. I understand why you don't like it but hopefully you'll change your mind a bit once you see the trailer.
They would never change that form, its too iconic. But they did give him a completely new form, which is good.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:10 pm

sintzu wrote:

I just hope there is more with Broly that can be done than this. Maybe the tale is rapped up within the cloath and the Oozaru is still a possibility at the end. :problem:

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:10 pm

What if the new broly comes from one of the erased universes brought back??? maybe even the early ones who zeno has destroyed ?? the question is

Were Goku & Co alive when Zeno destroyed the old universes?? Would be interesting if they go in that direction :thumbup: