Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:What if the new broly comes from one of the erased universes brought back??? maybe even the early ones who zeno has destroyed ?? the question is

Were Goku & Co alive when Zeno destroyed the old universes?? Would be interesting if they go in that direction :thumbup:
If they wanted to go all out they could say the saiyan race as a whole isn't from U6 or 7 but instead was split up between them from a completely different one.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:16 pm

I think I got the plot for Dragon Ball Super movie Broly :eh:

I imagine the thing as follow

Frieza has a limiter/explosif placed on the neck of this Broly and forces him to work for him, in addition to the limiter if he is not wise and act recklessly his father is threatened to die by Frieza hands ! As a means of pressure for Frieza to ensure the good will of Broly in his army.

So Frieza will be the MAIN villain of this movie and Broly will be kinda the protagonist and he will have to deal with a lot of stuff and fight in order to save his father from the clutches of the tyrant.

Your thought ? :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think I got the plot for Dragon Ball Super movie Broly :eh:

Frieza has a limiter/explosif placed on the neck of this Broly and forces him to work for him, in addition to the limiter if he is not wise and act recklessly his father is threatened to die by Frieza hands ! As a means of pressure for Frieza to ensure the good will of Broly in his army.

So Frieza will be the MAIN villain of this movie and Broly will be kinda the protagonist and he will have to deal with a lot of stuff and fight in order to save his father from the clutches of the tyrant.

I wouldn't be massively surprised seeing how popular Freeza is at the moment.
Broly being lost at some planet somewhere, only for Freeza (wanting) to make him his pet, it's a possibility.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I think I got the plot for Dragon Ball Super movie Broly :eh:

I don't think Paragus will be alive in the present part of the movie. I agree that Freeza will have something to do with Broly.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Just also we are not immune from a surprise antagonist who will make Freezer a puppet of some kind and that this antagonist is linked to Broly and Frieza.

Still making Broly the protagonist of this movie and the guy who should follow Goku & Co being there to assist broly to help him as guidance, and through all this story we will learn more about the Saiyan race and the frieza army.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 pm

theTUN wrote:Again, I'm going to be bold and say there's literally no way it could be less meaningful than Heroes unless they're actively trying to make it that way.
It does have a way though, if this movie turns out to be another Movie 15 (just senseless fight), it will be "less meaningful than Heroes". Anyway, like I said, it's a matter of wait and see, it's just that, for me, this movie doesn't really have anything going on for it, nothing to pick my interest. Maybe that change with the trailer, but I'm not getting hype anymore for anything related to the "main series".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Grimlock wrote:
theTUN wrote:Again, I'm going to be bold and say there's literally no way it could be less meaningful than Heroes unless they're actively trying to make it that way.
It does have a way though, if this movie turns out to be another Movie 15 (just senseless fight), it will be "less meaningful than Heroes". Anyway, like I said, it's a matter of wait and see, it's just that, for me, this movie doesn't really have anything going on for it, nothing to pick my interest. Maybe that change with the trailer, but I'm not getting hype anymore for anything related to the "main series".
Question about ur sig. If you’re saying db is dead and that its present should be forgotten, wouldn’t that also count for the SDBH content you love so much?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 pm

No, as I'm not saying that Dragon Ball franchise is dead, just the "main series" portion. What keeps me around and what keeps Dragon Ball franchise alive nowadays are the games.

The last good things that came out were Movie 14 and Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman, both released in 2013. Dragon Ball Online also closed in 2013 (it was a sign after all :(). From that point, only games are bringing fresh stuff, it seems I can't count on the series for that.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:No, as I'm not saying that Dragon Ball franchise is dead, just the "main series" portion. What keeps me around and what keeps Dragon Ball franchise alive nowadays are the games.

The last good things that came out were Movie 14 and Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman, both released in 2013. Dragon Ball Online also closed in 2013 (it was a sign after all :(). From that point, only games are bringing fresh stuff, it seems I can't count on the series for that.
Ok but both of your avatars are/were scenes from Dragon Ball Super though? So if the last thing good to come out was Movie 14 then why do you have Dragon Ball Super scenes that came after as your avatar?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Hopefully this explains why I use avatars from Dragon Ball Super. If not, send another message and I'll gadly explain why.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Seeing Broly's new base design with the old kind of boots makes me belive the whole baby assassination point of his story will be cut and he'll actually be alive and well during the "Saiyan history" portions of the movie. If done only halfway right, this already solves a lot of the stupidity surrounding his character. Having Freeza finding him and recruiting him in his army (as the armor implies) will only be the cherry on top.

Also, even if it's too early to tell and half of it ain't probably going to actually happen, but tying the Yamoshi storyline (seeing as Super Saiyan God will be in the movie) to Beerus' order to Freeza for destroying Planet Vegeta (basically impossible not to be adressed in some form), all with Broly at the center of it all might just be a pretty ingenious idea, to be honest. And if there's a guy who can tie stories out of his ass in unexpected ways that don't make you bat an eye, that's Toriyama.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:No, as I'm not saying that Dragon Ball franchise is dead, just the "main series" portion. What keeps me around and what keeps Dragon Ball franchise alive nowadays are the games.

Lol, so you’re saying nothing good came out of B.o.G, R.o.F, and DBS? Nothing from the show, the merch made because of the show, the revival of Dragon Ball, is the content added to the games because of the show? Even the SDBH anime is made to seem like a sequel to Dragon Ball Super.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:54 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Lol, so you’re saying nothing good came out of B.o.G, R.o.F, and DBS?
I'm talking in general. This question of yours begs for a more specific answer, which then I'll be forced to specify what good things I liked about Movie 15 and Dragon Ball Super. There are good things in those works (including Dragon Ball Minus, for that matter), but they are not enough for me to like them.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Even the SDBH anime is made to seem like a sequel to Dragon Ball Super.
Yes but it is not an important plot point. Even if there wasn't Dragon Ball Super and Heroes had came up with Prison Planet nonetheless, they would probably place it after the movies. Or, even if the movies didn't exist, Heroes would place it after the end of the manga, probably. It's not really an important issue the existence of Dragon Ball Super, you know.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Lol, so you’re saying nothing good came out of B.o.G, R.o.F, and DBS?
I'm talking in general. This question of yours begs for a more specific answer, which then I'll be forced to specify what good things I liked about Movie 15 and Dragon Ball Super. There are good things in those works (including Dragon Ball Minus, for that matter), but they are not enough for me to like them.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Even the SDBH anime is made to seem like a sequel to Dragon Ball Super.
Yes but it is not an important plot point. Even if there wasn't Dragon Ball Super and Heroes had came up with Prison Planet nonetheless, they would probably place it after the movies. Or, even if the movies didn't exist, Heroes would place it after the end of the manga, probably. It's not really an important issue the existence of Dragon Ball Super, you know.
SDBH might not have even existed if it wasn’t for Super. Just saiyan.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Highly doubt, Heroes content have been based on Dragon Ball Online. Their original plot, creative process and stuff started thanks to that wonderful game, not thanks to Dragon Ball Super. I'm pretty sure Heroes would still come up with original content regardless of the existence of Dragon Ball Super.

As a matter of fact, Heroes started to base itself on Dragon Ball Online in 2014 (with the release of Time Patroller Trunks in JM6) and then it focused on that game more once GDM series was launched (March 2015), months before Dragon Ball Super came out and even earlier than the first legit saga of the anime.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Res F: Just senseless fighting

Heroes: Not that apparently?

Alright.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Grimlock wrote:Hopefully this explains why I use avatars from Dragon Ball Super. If not, send another message and I'll gadly explain why.
Bro, nobody cares. You're just pretending to be different from everyone else saying that Heroes > Main Series
Good for you, but that's not gonna work. Like it or not, in the end we all know you're still looking forward to watch this movie.
BrolyKale wrote:Here Broly's New design vs his Old design
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I prefer his old base design: taller, not much muscular and without a generic expression.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:29 pm

theTUN wrote:
Res F: Just senseless fighting

Alright.

Well you see, just the fighting in main DB is senseless. In Heroes, everything is senseless, so it's more consistent :wink:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:02 pm

theTUN wrote:Res F: Just senseless fighting

Alright.
Used the wrong word maybe, I should have used "pointless", since it added nothing in the grand scheme of things, as well as Movie 15 entirely didn't contribute at all. And yeah, we've reached the point where the fights in games actually do have meaning behind it, not just some revenge, waste and kill.
jeffbr92 wrote:Bro, nobody cares. You're just pretending to be different from everyone else saying that Heroes > Main Series
Good for you, but that's not gonna work. Like it or not, in the end we all know you're still looking forward to watch this movie.
"Bro", nobody care if you think I'm lying or whatever, I'm not here to prove myself to anyone. You all seem to like whatever Toriyama throws up into your mouth, but surely if Toriyama's name was involved in what Heroes is doing, everyone would enjoy. People worship Golden Freeza and Super Saiyan recolors but somehow hates when someone gets a simple Super Saiyan 3. People worship tournaments but don't find Prison Planet, Android 21 or XV lore interesting. :roll: I won't bring myself to like more and prefer fights instead of a good plot like everyone do (much less to please anyone), I wouldn't be happy like that too.

I feel pity for Dragon Ball GT by the way, so much hate just because Toriyama's name is not there...

~ Day of the Machines ~

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Grimlock wrote:
"Bro", nobody care if you think I'm lying or whatever, I'm not here to prove myself to anyone. You all seem to like whatever Toriyama throws up into your mouth, but surely if Toriyama's name was involved in what Heroes is doing, everyone would enjoy. People worship Golden Freeza and Super Saiyan recolors but somehow hates when someone gets a simple Super Saiyan 3. People worship tournaments but don't find Prison Planet, Android 21 or XV lore interesting. :roll: I won't bring myself to like more and prefer fights instead of a good plot like everyone do (much less to please anyone), I wouldn't be happy like that too.

I feel pity for Dragon Ball GT by the way, so much hate just because Toriyama's name is not there...
People hate Minus and adore Bardock the Father of Goku. And yes, The Universe 6 Tournament alone is more interesting than Prison Planet, 21, and both XV game's stories combined. It's not because Toriyama was involved, it's because one is good and the others are not. This isn't that hard to understand man. Golden Frieza is incredibly stupid, and it was executed poorly and poorly explained, but it was necessary, because Frieza needed to be at that level of power to be a viable antagonist going forward. It was clumsily done, but it served a point.

Giving basically every Saiyan access to Super Saiyan 3 in Heroes only seems to be done for its own sake, and it's even more absurdly introduced and poorly explained than Golden Frieza, which is actually impressive.

Also like 90% of this forum is people whining about Super Saiyan Blue or whatever. And the fights in Heroes are maybe the most pure example of pointless fights I can think of. What the hell did SSB vs SS4 Goku accomplish?
Last edited by theTUN on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.