Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:This trailer looks awful honestly. Teaser looked pretty good but this is just bad.
Some frames look like Golden Frieza arc in Super.

This is gonna be Metal Cooler of DBS, movie that looks worse than anime series lmao.

........do you like anything other than GT and maybe some of Z or are you just here to crap on Super?
Exactly. He only likes the trash that is GT and he just goes to the Super subforum to whine about it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm even more weirded out by the mixed message being sent by the movie now. The animation team comes off as really passionate about giving DB something fresh but the narrative oozes a blatant movie 8 retread out of every pore. What exactly is the big difference between this screaming rage machine from Toriyama and Koyama's from 20 years prior besides a worse fashion sense?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm even more weirded out by the mixed message being sent by the movie now. The animation team comes off as really passionate about giving DB something fresh but the narrative oozes a blatant movie 8 retread out of every pore. What exactly is the big difference between this screaming rage machine from Toriyama and Koyama's from 20 years prior besides a worse fashion sense?
The jury is still out. There could be much more to what the trailer gives off.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:17 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:This trailer looks awful honestly. Teaser looked pretty good but this is just bad.

This is gonna be Metal Cooler of DBS, movie that looks worse than anime series lmao.

........do you like anything other than GT and maybe some of Z or are you just here to crap on Super?
Read my post again and stop wasting my time with questions you could answer yourself if you spent 5 seconds to read my post instead of getting triggered like a kid.
And the thing that you even mention GT and think that i don't like anything else beside it (lmao) prove that you are typical "Yes to DBS, no to GT" type of "fan".
This is DBS related topic. Don't bring up GT and say some fake bs like i was here hating Super because i like GT and it means i have to hate Super.
PFM18 wrote:
He's just a GT fanboy he doesnt care about any kind of new db products.
Ok ok. DBS fanboy :lol:
Last edited by sunsetshimmer on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:18 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Exactly. He only likes the trash that is GT and he just goes to the Super subforum to whine about it.

I mean I actually like GT and it's completely fine if they do too but I don't think I've seen one of their posts thats not crapping on Super, praising GT, or both, and it's getting old. And people get mad at SupremeKai25 or only talking about the Zamasu Arc. :crazy:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm even more weirded out by the mixed message being sent by the movie now. The animation team comes off as really passionate about giving DB something fresh but the narrative oozes a blatant movie 8 retread out of every pore. What exactly is the big difference between this screaming rage machine from Toriyama and Koyama's from 20 years prior besides a worse fashion sense?
The jury is still out. There could be much more to what the trailer gives off.
Pretty much, he's still going to be like his past incarnations but with additions and tweaks to his character.

But also lets not forget that you cannot tell a character from a trailer. I could not have told you Beerus was going to be so cool and not another jerk looking for a fight with Goku from just the trailers.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Anyway, for those wanting the rest of the cast to be featured, let's be real: they'd all get crushed by Broly. The most they could realistically do is fight Freeza's army again (which wouldn't be anything new, I get it). If y'all aren't satisfied with that, then tell me, what would you want from the rest of the cast that isn't Goku or Vegeta? Slice of life? Cheering Goku and Vegeta on? Because I can't think of anything else.

This isn't to imply that I myself want the rest of the cast to be kept out, I like involvement from everyone as much as the next guy. But fighting Freeza's army again is literally the most I can see them doing.
How about versing a powered up Paragus? It'd be kinda interesting to see Paragus fight for once and to differentiate him from the original one. Or how about Broly's soldiers? I'm assuming they're Saiyans, so it'd be pretty easy to make them strong. I also wouldn't mind them versing the Freeza force again. It's better than nothing. You could just say Freeza trained his goons this time.

IMO, there were ways to easily include the Z fighters into this. It just depended if they wanted to or not.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Toriyama isn't retreading the old movie, but he is going to homage it. This is purely Toriyama at work and, more than likely, has other writers and staff to help keep him on point and to fit it nicely into the lore and canon.

My one hope for this movie is that Broly isn't murdered off by the end. That he doesn't just become a lackey. But he ends ups as a Neutral figure. To be the unscalable wall, pushing Goku and Vegeta to ever greater heights. To be the Legend that Freeza fears and what all Saiyans aspire to. Broly is Saiyan nature concentrated into its purest form.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Wow, some individual frames looked bad entirely outside the context of the scenes they were in? Too bad this is a slide show and not an animated movie, otherwise that wouldn't be a problem!

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Looks like its Bardock and Goku

+ the planet looks the same
Last edited by BrolyKale on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Zelvin wrote:Toriyama isn't retreading the old movie, but he is going to homage it. This is purely Toriyama at work and, more than likely, has other writers and staff to help keep him on point and to fit it nicely into the lore and canon.

My one hope for this movie is that Broly isn't murdered off by the end. That he doesn't just become a lackey. But he ends ups as a Neutral figure. To be the unscalable wall, pushing Goku and Vegeta to ever greater heights. To be the Legend that Freeza fears and what all Saiyans aspire to. Broly is Saiyan nature concentrated into its purest form.
That scene with the space pod and Paragus reminds me a lot of the scene from Bio-Broly where that priest guy got some of his blood.

Edit: If he's a clone he can die and still come back. Great advantage of cloning.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:24 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote: I mean I actually like GT and it's completely fine if they do too but I don't think I've seen one of their posts thats not crapping on Super, praising GT, or both, and it's getting old. And people get mad at SupremeKai25 or only talking about the Zamasu Arc. :crazy:
Did you just compare me to THAT person? Come on.
I watched all series. I can have my opinion and i can give you arguments why i like one thing and don't like the other.
You don't have to agree with them of course. But i have every right to share my opinion and honestly the only fanboys right now are people who get triggered because i didn't like this trailer. No one has ever said it's "Praise DBS movie" topic. I didn't even mention GT here. You are the ones who brought it.
But please, don't compare me to people who pretend they have opinion. That's not fair.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:25 pm

King Jacku wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Anyway, for those wanting the rest of the cast to be featured, let's be real: they'd all get crushed by Broly. The most they could realistically do is fight Freeza's army again (which wouldn't be anything new, I get it). If y'all aren't satisfied with that, then tell me, what would you want from the rest of the cast that isn't Goku or Vegeta? Slice of life? Cheering Goku and Vegeta on? Because I can't think of anything else.

This isn't to imply that I myself want the rest of the cast to be kept out, I like involvement from everyone as much as the next guy. But fighting Freeza's army again is literally the most I can see them doing.
How about versing a powered up Paragus? It'd be kinda interesting to see Paragus fight for once and to differentiate him from the original one. Or how about Broly's soldiers? I'm assuming they're Saiyans, so it'd be pretty easy to make them strong. I also wouldn't mind them versing the Freeza force again. It's better than nothing. You could just say Freeza trained his goons this time.

IMO, there were ways to easily include the Z fighters into this. It just depended if they wanted to or not.
Now THAT is an interesting idea! :thumbup:

Really, I've seen several people already complain about the rest of the cast not being there (which is a totally valid complaint - I understand, agree with it and I get it), but then not really offer what they would like to see specifically after that so it just seems like listening to a broken record. :/

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:

Read my post again and stop wasting my time with questions you could answer yourself if you spent 5 seconds to read my post instead of getting triggered like a kid.
And the thing that you even mention GT and think that i don't like anything else beside it (lmao) prove that you are typical "Yes to DBS, no to GT" type of "fan".
This is DBS related topic. Don't bring up GT and say some fake bs like i was here hating Super because i like GT and it means i have to hate Super.
PFM18 wrote:
He's just a GT fanboy he doesnt care about any kind of new db products.
Ok ok. DBS fanboy :lol:

Lol at me disliking GT, I've said at least 15 times since I've been here that I like GT, so take your own advice of reading posts. Also, I'm not triggered, I'm just wondering why you're here. If anybody is "triggered", well, you're the one who wrote a paragraph and is trying to put words in my mouth. The fact you come here multiple times day to say "Super sucks k bye" doesnt exactly help your case.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:28 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Looks like its Bardock and Goku
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

+ the planet looks the same
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah, I think we're finally getting Minus animated

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: That scene with the space pod and Paragus reminds me a lot of the scene from Bio-Broly where that priest guy got some of his blood.

Edit: If he's a clone he can die and still come back. Great advantage of cloning.
I don't feel they'd go the cloning route. Given the artwork that shows an adult Broly with a ruined outfit, it's more that Paragus spent years tracking down where his son had been banished to. And Paragus is investigating the pod that'd be covered and caked in dirt and dust, forming a near solid coating over years and years. They find Broly, alive, on this planet. Having survived like a savage animal, acting purely on instinct.

There is a scene in the trailer of base/calm Broly just eating some kind of bloody meat. Paragus and the other Saiyan may come across Broly as he's consuming a fresh kill.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Leave SunSetShiner alone. If he doesn't dig the trailer or certain things then what's it to you? Let's not be blind here, that shot of Son Goku walking towards the camera looks bad. He looks like Luffy, that and when Goku is eating food the movie looks like the Digimon Movie visually. Not a bad thing per say but jarring to say the least.
Also are we sure Yamamuro isn't here because those angry Goku and Vegeta faces look like Movie 8 and that is great! Actually the film really reminds me of the Digimon Movie, I am okay with that.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: That scene with the space pod and Paragus reminds me a lot of the scene from Bio-Broly where that priest guy got some of his blood.

I don't feel they'd go the cloning route. Given the artwork that shows an adult Broly with a ruined outfit, it's more that Paragus spent years tracking down where his son had been banished to. And Paragus is investigating the pod that'd be covered and caked in dirt and dust, forming a near solid coating over years and years. They find Broly, alive, on this planet. Having survived like a savage animal, acting purely on instinct.

There is a scene in the trailer of base/calm Broly just eating some kind of bloody meat. Paragus and the other Saiyan may come across Broly as he's consuming a fresh kill.
Maybe, thats a good alternative interpretation.

Edit:

On an unrelated note, Broly can get the Red Eyes, Take Warning trop added to his TVTrops profile now.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

No Gohan in the poster or the trailer. I'm not liking what Piccolo's role will be either. No other z fighter except Goku and Vegeta. I dont count Freeza as a z fighter. No krillin, 18, or even 17, goten, or trunks.

Lame. Nice animation though although that's expected.
Last edited by omaro34 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote: I mean I actually like GT and it's completely fine if they do too but I don't think I've seen one of their posts thats not crapping on Super, praising GT, or both, and it's getting old. And people get mad at SupremeKai25 or only talking about the Zamasu Arc. :crazy:
Did you just compare me to THAT person? Come on.
I watched all series. I can have my opinion and i can give you arguments why i like one thing and don't like the other.
You don't have to agree with them of course. But i have every right to share my opinion and honestly the only fanboys right now are people who get triggered because i didn't like this trailer. No one has ever said it's "Praise DBS movie" topic. I didn't even mention GT here. You are the ones who brought it.
But please, don't compare me to people who pretend they have opinion. That's not fair.

Nobody has ever said that you can't have your opinion, but I see constant posts of "(insert Super Arc here) was so terrible that even the Super 17 Arc was better" or something along those lines. Constantly.