Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Michsi wrote:If they DO announce a new series, guess we'll finally learn whether or not GT is part of Super's continuity or not.
GT as it is doesn't fit at all with Super but I'm pretty sure some of its elements (mostly Ssj4) will get rebooted like Broly is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 pm

PFM18 wrote:
There's no way they stay below the 10 year time skip. There's only 3 years left from ToP->EoZ and there's not much else they can really do in that short time and that's not even including what is probably a time skip from ToP->Broly. They will probably keep the "Super name" and go past the 10 year time skip.
It would be very stupid not to go after Z. Also, they really need to make Trunks and Goten grow already.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm

I doubt they will set it after the timeskip, most likely its a retelling from the Broly movie then continue from there on

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Grow up Trunks and Goten, then show Uub, Pan, and Bra for the kid part.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump Festa's probably gonna reveal what they're doing regarding the TV series coming back. I'm good with that. Hoping the new character designs carry over.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Even if another series is announced, it likely won't come to air until May or later unless Toei changes the time slot. Kitaro is just now airing episode 25 tonight and the series is slated to run more than 50 episodes, so Super's old time slot is going to be occupied for at least the next six months.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:02 pm

I figure it'll be a July start like before. I'm fine with that. I'm not in too much of a hurry for it to come back with how punishing the ToP and its lead up was at times. When the series comes back I want a break from straightforward tournaments. I'm not jazzed about this movie being Brolli 4, but at least it's not a tournament!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:49 pm

sintzu wrote:
Michsi wrote:If they DO announce a new series, guess we'll finally learn whether or not GT is part of Super's continuity or not.
GT as it is doesn't fit at all with Super but I'm pretty sure some of its elements (mostly Ssj4) will get rebooted like Broly is.

I always assumed that they'd end this modern run of DB by having most of it's events erased or something contrived like that. They made a whole deal about everything fitting with EOZ at first. Since they always danced around the subject of GT, I assumed they weren't quite ready to ignore that series, but I guess Super proved to be much more of a money-maker than anticipated, so who knows what they planning now.

Anyway, this is all speculation. If they do announce a new series at Jump Festa I hope it's for the summer season, too. That would indicate they had a lot more time to prepare and work on the episodes. Last time we got like two months warning in advance that a new series was starting,and we all know how that schedule went.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Kitaro's 4th BD set episode count is "undecided". 3rd set leaves of on 38 I think which means another 12 or 13 episodes would put it in the 50+ range. Looking very likely a summer come back.

DBS has been doing so well it's as if it still was airing! Hopefully we can pick up straight after 131 as not to affect international licenses.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

sintzu wrote:They may just decide to continue Super with ep132 instead of renaming it. The only way I see a rename is if it goes beyond the 10 year time skip which doesn't seem likely now.

I do think we should keep our expectations a bit low cause they could just be celebrating the movie as it's 9 days after it opens so Super coming back might not be announced there. I hope I'm wrong though.
I could see the returning Dragon Ball anime getting a new name if: 1) It keeps the animation style of the movie. This would be a significant change, and a new name would reflect that. Or 2) the anime takes place after a time gap, either at or after the end of Z.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:I really hope Toei actually acts like a good Toei now by modifying Toriyama’s script if Blue Evo and Kaioken weren’t in there. They need to include that in the movie, otherwise the continuity is fucked up. And i don’t care about this “It’s Toriyama’s version crap excuse” the movie is an anime movie that follows the events of the ToP. Therefore, Toei should make sure these 2 evolved forms are in there. It’s for the fans. And Toei is all about an excess of transformations and fanservice.
How exactly them not showing up fucks up continuity?
Why don’t you think about it? If they have these forms in the pocket and are up against Broly - a much stronger being from anything they have ever faced before, than obviously they should make use of it. Because if they don’t... Well, i can’t believe i even have to explain this to you.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Michsi wrote:
IM21 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Wow. WTF. Right after i mention Jump Festa and DBS, this new drops!

https://twitter.com/CX_TLG/status/1043482454038843392
Yea, looks like it's returning. The event is also right after the Broly movie so something is up.
Not 100% convinced yet, but it's a nice sign.

Also, new series would mean new name so I'm expecting 'SuperZ'.
No it really doesn’t. They can just keep Super going. No need for a name change.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Considering how vain Bulma is she could just wish they adults younger after Eoz so they adults can go back to their buy saga looks but the kids are eoz age.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:11 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why don’t you think about it? If they have these forms in the pocket and are up against Broly - a much stronger being from anything they have ever faced before, than obviously they should make use of it. Because if they don’t... Well, i can’t believe i even have to explain this to you.
Then not using the forms on itself doesn't break continuity, breaking continuity would be the movie stating neither of them having said forms.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:I figure it'll be a July start like before. I'm fine with that. I'm not in too much of a hurry for it to come back with how punishing the ToP and its lead up was at times. When the series comes back I want a break from straightforward tournaments. I'm not jazzed about this movie being Brolli 4, but at least it's not a tournament!
Yes plz. Less Tournaments where there is no real plot or interruption and more arcs about adventure or with a villain or even a big mystery element that all end with at least mild repercussions and an everlasting impact
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:44 pm

New DBMFL article continues to look at the CG for the film. Doesn't really have any worthwhile information in it, unfortunately. Here are some images...
Here's something worth talking about. Looks like the Resurrection 'F' location we saw in the trailer and TV spots during the CG fight was indeed a placeholder.
Looks like this fight actually takes place at the snowy mountains location that we saw in both the teaser and first trailer.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:55 pm

What are the odds Dragon Ball returns and the first arc is a tournament to decide the strongest Saiyan, held in Salada but we never see anything about it beyond the fighting stage.
Competitors: Goku, Vegeta, Broly, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, Gohan, Future Trunks(he's back just because) and x nameless Saiyans.

The winner is a mystery Saiyan, the final fight itself is a reference to Goku vs Grandpa Gohan except Goku loses. The winner takes off his mask..., Bardock is back!

You're welcome. :thumbup:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 pm

LightBing wrote:What are the odds Dragon Ball returns and the first arc is a tournament to decide the strongest Saiyan, held in Salada but we never see anything about it beyond the fighting stage.
Competitors: Goku, Vegeta, Broly, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla, Gohan, Future Trunks(he's back just because) and x nameless Saiyans.

The winner is a mystery Saiyan, the final fight itself is a reference to Goku vs Grandpa Gohan except Goku loses. The winner takes off his mask..., Bardock is back!

You're welcome. :thumbup:
yeah I loved the ToP but I'm done with tournaments.

also Bardock beating current Goku would be pretty asinine. Hell it would be asinine if he beat Buu arc Goku let alone current Goku who is millions of times stronger.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New DBMFL article continues to look at the CG for the film. Doesn't really have any worthwhile information in it, unfortunately. Here are some images...
Here's something worth talking about. Looks like the Resurrection 'F' location we saw in the trailer and TV spots during the CG fight was indeed a placeholder.
Looks like this fight actually takes place at the snowy mountains location that we saw in both the teaser and first trailer.
I can't really be hyped about CGI fight scenes in an anime movie. Wish they would just remake that in 2D.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Michsi wrote:I always assumed that they'd end this modern run of DB by having most of it's events erased or something contrived like that.
Why would they erase the events of something that's very, VERY successful ? All that matters to them is fitting it with EOZ and thanks to EOZ being so vague on everything that won't be hard to do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.