Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:In the first announcement of the movie, wasn't it suggested the title would be: "Saiyans, the strongest race of the universe"?
No, they just talked about Saiyans being the strongest race in the universe.
The theme for this remarkable new film will be “Saiyan”, the strongest race in the universe."

That''s indeed the theme. But the title could very well be a derivative.

I don't think it just will be 'DBS the Movie', as multiple movies are a possibility, like with Z.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:35 pm

With the movie being so heavily focused on Saiyans, the title should definitely include the word "Saiyan" as that is a word a lot of fans associate Dragon Ball with, similar to how Jedi is associated with Star Wars. It's also worth mentioning just how much the Saiyans are loved by the fans of this serie.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:We've just had a teaser. I wouldn't expect news until July or August, to be honest.
News will come before that, but as far as new teaser/trailer goes I also don't expect anything before July.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:30 pm

emperior wrote:With the movie being so heavily focused on Saiyans, the title should definitely include the word "Saiyan" as that is a word a lot of fans associate Dragon Ball with, similar to how Jedi is associated with Star Wars. It's also worth mentioning just how much the Saiyans are loved by the fans of this serie.

I agree. They can make it shorter for commercial purposes, for example 'Saiyans: the ultimate warrior race', but it definetely should include the Saiyan-reference as it is about the origins of the Saiyan-power.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 pm

Grimlock wrote:We've just had a teaser. I wouldn't expect news until July or August, to be honest.
The fact that we got the teaser so far ahead of release shows that they want to market this thing before then.
May 9th seems like a good time to give us something new, like some designs. We'll see though, with them announcing the movie so far ahead and doing that teaser so early I'm surprised that April is a barren month. The site says to keep any eye on it, so hopefully we get something by next V-Jump, even if it is just some designs.
Mister_Popo wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:In the first announcement of the movie, wasn't it suggested the title would be: "Saiyans, the strongest race of the universe"?
The theme for this remarkable new film will be “Saiyan”, the strongest race in the universe."

I don't think it just will be 'DBS the Movie', as multiple movies are a possibility, like with Z.
All of the Pokemon movies are called "Pokemon The Movie: Subtitle", so it wouldn't be crazy if Dragon Ball Super The Movie was the title and then future movies just got subtitles.
Of course, there is also always the possibility that this will be the only Super movie and when the series returns to TV it won't use the Super name.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:50 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
The fact that we got the teaser so far ahead of release shows that they want to market this thing before then.
May 9th seems like a good time to give us something new, like some designs. We'll see though, with them announcing the movie so far ahead and doing that teaser so early I'm surprised that April is a barren month. The site says to keep any eye on it, so hopefully we get something by next V-Jump, even if it is just some designs.
Mister_Popo wrote:
majinwarman wrote: No, they just talked about Saiyans being the strongest race in the universe.

All of the Pokemon movies are called "Pokemon The Movie: Subtitle", so it wouldn't be crazy if Dragon Ball Super The Movie was the title and then future movies just got subtitles.
Of course, there is also always the possibility that this will be the only Super movie and when the series returns to TV it won't use the Super name.
Of course, bro, everything is possible. But i've a gut feeling Super will continue, as they are marketing this film under the Super-brand and also the Super-manga will continue. It's a strong brand as it's generally referred to as 'Super' by many rather than 'Dragon Ball'. 'Super' was an enormous succes, why change a winning team? :wink:

If the Super-brand does continue, wouldn't it be handy to have some additional reference point to this 'arc' besides ''the Movie'?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 pm

While we're on the topic of titles, let's come up with some!

I'm gonna say......

Dragon Ball Super: The Secret to the Unlimited Power of the Saiyans for the literal Japanese titling, whilst the English one will be more like Dragon Ball Super: Might of the Saiyans

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: All of the Pokemon movies are called "Pokemon The Movie: Subtitle", so it wouldn't be crazy if Dragon Ball Super The Movie was the title and then future movies just got subtitles.
Of course, bro, everything is possible. But i've a gut feeling Super will continue, as they are marketing this film under the Super-brand and also the Super-manga will continue. It's a strong brand as it's generally referred to as 'Super' by many rather than 'Dragon Ball'. 'Super' was an enormous succes, why change a winning team? :wink:

If the Super-brand does continue, wouldn't it be handy to have some additional reference point to this 'arc' besides ''the Movie'?
I agree, they're probably going to keep the Super branding and there will probably be a subtitle to the film, just playing devil's advocate.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:07 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:While we're on the topic of titles, let's come up with some!

I'm gonna say......

Dragon Ball Super: The Secret to the Unlimited Power of the Saiyans for the literal Japanese titling, whilst the English one will be more like Dragon Ball Super: Might of the Saiyans
I agree with that naming concept. I’d go with Dragon Ball Super: Origin of the Saiyans Power and for english Dragon Ball Super: Power of the Saiyans

Yeah... basically the exact same idea but it fits with what we know so far about the movie
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:While we're on the topic of titles, let's come up with some!

I'm gonna say......

Dragonball Super: Battle of Saiyans or
Dragonball Super: Resurrection Of S
But my guess is Dragonball Super: Bio-saiyan. Or maybe Dragonball Super: Wrath of a Saiyan.
I think I'll go with Dragonball Super: Saiyan Evolution.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:13 pm

Dragon Ball Super: Rise of Yamoshi

Dragon Ball Super: Origins

Dragon Ball Super: Revenge of Y

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:54 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Dragon Ball Super: Rise of Yamoshi

But we don’t even know if the guy from the teaser is Yamoshi.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

It probably isn't him, because Yamoshi was good AND he's dead.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

As I said earlier, I suspect the lack of title currently is to avoid spoilers. Dragon Ball movie titles often include the name of the main antagonist. From what we know currently, I'm 90% sure the new Saiyan is Yamoshi. I'm guessing Yamoshi will manifest to challenge the Super Saiyan Gods, Goku and Vegeta. Maybe he'll try to kill Frieza (who's also been hinted to be important in the movie) and Goku will get in his way, as a favor for him helping save Universe 7 from erasure.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:As I said earlier, I suspect the lack of title currently is to avoid spoilers. Dragon Ball movie titles often include the name of the main antagonist.
No movie did that, though.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:As I said earlier, I suspect the lack of title currently is to avoid spoilers. Dragon Ball movie titles often include the name of the main antagonist.
Fukkatsu no "F" did something like that with the "F" referring to Freeza, but you're right.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

I think it's going to be called, "Just Saiyian!"
ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

It probably isn't him, because Yamoshi was good AND he's dead.
Good and dead. Just the way we like him. Although that never stopped the DB series... The protagonist was good and dead also. Several times might I add.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't think we'll know the title for the film until the official poster is revealed. We'll probably get something in July judging by how the poster and title for Resurrection 'F' was revealed 5 months before its release.

I wonder who'll be the artist for the poster? Would Naohiro Shintani be a safe bet since he's the official character designer for the film?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
"Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan"

"Cooler's Revenge"

"Bojack Unbound"

"Lord Slug"

"Resurrection F"

To name a few.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
"Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan"

"Cooler's Revenge"

"Bojack Unbound"

"Lord Slug"

"Resurrection F"

To name a few.
Those are dub titles.