Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:46 pm

I am 90 percent sure that Kaioken Blue and Blue Evolution will not be appearing in the film.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:How I predict the fight in the movie will go:

Goku uses all of his forms up to SSJB Kaio-ken x20 against the villain but still loses. Vegeta rediscovers the SSJBE form and does better but also ultimately loses. Just as it seems the villain is about to kill them, Goku rediscovers Ultra Instinct and easily defeats him. In the end the villain is weaker than Jiren.
I dont even think UI is going to play a toke in this movie. I think theres a reason the writers decided to have goku not have the ability, for now. It should be a very, very rare occasion.

Or maybe let hin use UI omen not the full one. I think its too soon to have another hakaishin level + being.
I think they removed his ability to use it in order for it to make a dramatic return in the movie.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 am

superfan2024 wrote:I am 90 percent sure that Kaioken Blue and Blue Evolution will not be appearing in the film.
There's not really any reason to think that, it's a Super movie, it's probably part of the anime continuity and Toriyama was involved in the Super anime.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:49 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Image
What does it say?
Mother of god thats broly with a tail

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:20 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Image
What does it say?
Watch this be the Dragon Ball minus equivalent of the Broly movie where its basically just Toriyama’s take on the character and story.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Well, your first blurb is flat out impossible.

Yamoshi, the legendary Super Saiyan, is the reason the SSG exists. His death and subsequent wandering spirit resulted in the Namekians writing down the knowledge of the SSG in the Namekian Book of Legends and Beerus getting his premonition of a SSG; these were because the Namekian Grand Elder at the time and Beerus had sensed Yamoshi's wandering spirit.

People need to spread the word on the SSG backstory provided by Toriyama; too many fans either don't know about it or misinterpret it.
I don't understand why people want a transformation like SSJ4.
I think it's just cause it looks badass, and it ties into the saiyan's original transformation
That's not much of a reason to me.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:42 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Goku uses all of his forms up to SSJB Kaio-ken x20 against the villain but still loses. Vegeta rediscovers the SSJBE form and does better but also ultimately loses. Just as it seems the villain is about to kill them, Goku rediscovers Ultra Instinct and easily defeats him. In the end the villain is weaker than Jiren.
I dont even think UI is going to play a toke in this movie. I think theres a reason the writers decided to have goku not have the ability, for now. It should be a very, very rare occasion.

Or maybe let hin use UI omen not the full one. I think its too soon to have another hakaishin level + being.
I think they removed his ability to use it in order for it to make a dramatic return in the movie.
Using it in the movie woukd t make it dramatic at all. It would be like goku saiying in the U6 arc that he cant use Kaioken on top of blue anymore, and two episodes later, he uses it again.

If UI does make a return, i hope is just the Omen version.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Using it in the movie woukd t make it dramatic at all. It would be like goku saiying in the U6 arc that he cant use Kaioken on top of blue anymore, and two episodes later, he uses it again.

It's not like he completely lost it, he just doesn't know how to activate it, just like in the tournament.
We also don't know how much time is going to pass between Super 131 and the movie.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am

He has mastered it, so when he would activate it, it could be expected it's the perfected form.

Also: the mastered version looks visually better than Omen, which is even more so important on the big screen.

If they'll use it, i would expect MUI.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:

It's not like he completely lost it, he just doesn't know how to activate it, just like in the tournament.
We also don't know how much time is going to pass between Super 131 and the movie.
I know he didnt conpletely lose it, as far as we know that is. My guess is that UI is not going to appear in this movie, as of now

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 am

Mister_Popo wrote:He has mastered it, so when he would activate it, it could be expected it's the perfected form.

Also: the mastered version looks visually better than Omen, which is even more so important on the big screen.

He didn't really master it, if he did he'd be able to activate it when he wanted. They only used the term "mastered" to denote that he was using the true Ultra Instinct.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:He has mastered it, so when he would activate it, it could be expected it's the perfected form.

He didn't really master it, if he did he'd be able to activate it when he wanted. They only used the term "mastered" to denote that he was using the true Ultra Instinct.

He did master the form, he only cannot activate it at free will. But when needed, one would normally expect he knows how to use the mastered version (defend + attack) by now, even it were not fully conscious, as he learned from the experience of fighting Jiren. Besides, Omen is basically TOEI-filler (good filler, i liked the form as a build-up to perfected UI and it added value for the story during TOP), but it wasn't in Toriyama's original plot. For Vegeta Omen would be more feasible at this point. Goku using Omen would be the same as he would use first grade SSJ1 again, while he has mastered the form a long while ago. At this point Omen for Goku would no longer add value to the story IMHO.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 am

Question is who's going to be the sacrificial lamb and hype the new villain up as a legit threat? My money's on Vegeta

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Nevaeh wrote:

Question is who's going to be the sacrificial lamb and hype the new villain up as a legit threat? My money's on Vegeta
Vegeta being the sacrificial lamb would be nothing new and wouldn't hype up the villain, unless Vegeta gets beaten after achieving Ultra Instinct.
It must be either Beerus, Jiren or even a Angel.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
What does it say?
Watch this be the Dragon Ball minus equivalent of the Broly movie where its basically just Toriyama’s take on the character and story.
this time he is the REAL saiyan of legend

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 pm

emperior wrote:
Nevaeh wrote:

Vegeta being the sacrificial lamb would be nothing new and wouldn't hype up the villain, unless Vegeta gets beaten after achieving Ultra Instinct.
It must be either Beerus, Jiren or even a Angel.
It could be Freeza but he seems more like a Loki type character now who will make a surprise appearance but also have his own agenda
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

He did master the form, he only cannot activate it at free will. But when needed, one would normally expect he knows how to use the mastered version (defend + attack) by now, even it were not fully conscious, as he learned from the experience of fighting Jiren. Besides, Omen is basically TOEI-filler (good filler, i liked the form as a build-up to perfected UI and it added value for the story during TOP), but it wasn't in Toriyama's original plot. For Vegeta Omen would be more feasible at this point. Goku using Omen would be the same as he would use first grade SSJ1 again, while he has mastered the form a long while ago. At this point Omen for Goku would no longer add value to the story IMHO.

I do agree 'mastered UI' isn't the best fitting semantics for the transformation, as he cannot perform it at free will. 'Perfected' or 'Completed' UI would be a better fitting name. It's not completely the same as 'mastered SSJ1'. My point was: 'Why would one use Omen if completed UI is possible in a critical situation?'

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

I wish they hadn't used the "Goku is already using Kaioken x20" thing again, because it would be nice to see Goku fighting in his base form, with everyone sure Goku is just warming up and is miles above his opponent, only for it to be revealed that he is using a true mastered version of Ultra Instinct which doesn't change his appearance.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 pm

As someone said before: MUI Goku would fit just fine in this glacier stage presented on the movie.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Probably wont happen but I want to see the oozaru return in some way, this films supposed be about the origin of saiyan strength and that seems like the perfect opportunity. Or at least make the villain whoever it is very ape/monkey-like.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu