Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 pm

If Broly doesn't die, Paragus may ask Goku to wish for the Saiyan race back to life to ask them questions... or something... triggering Goku's memories upon seeing Bardock?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:06 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Even if Goku got his memories back, there apparently isn't that much to remember and I can't see him caring about it all that much. He's never shown any particular concern about who his real parents are. Goku's what, close to 50? He has his own family and he came to terms with his Saiyan heritage a long time ago.
Vegeta should've stopped being a whiny bitch about Goku's superiority to him and that hasn't stopped Toriyama from retconing this away. If he's got a story in mind where Goku has to care about something he never did before, he won't let something like past events stop him.
I really hope that shit about Vegeta desperately trying to catch up to Goku from the early description of the movie is misleading. Vegeta and Goku were both left off in a good place. Vegeta decided on his own not to pursue Ultra Instinct anymore and he wasn't upset by Goku getting it. I don't want to see that snapped back.
We know from the Kanzenban which predates all of this Vegeta went back to being a whiny bitch about Goku so chronologically, a whiny bitch he shall remain in everything from 2003 onwards.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: This. So i’d Think its either the puts on his Blue gi, he regains his Kakarot memories, he meets his parents somehow, or he finally surpasses Beerus for some reason.

I really hope he doesn’t mean the last scene of the fight because that would most likely meant “Goku finally” goes UI and it ends up being a Goku v Broly final battle even though this movie is advertising the battle as a “Collision of 3 Destinies” with includes Vegeta.

That would also mean Gogeta doesn’t get the W which also sucks
Goku literally just got UI at the end of ToP and this movie takes place shortly after so him reaching the form again in the movie I don't think would warrant the comment of "Goku finally..." Plus I am still 99% sure Goku does not go UI (in a fight at least) in the movie.

So your above other reasons are what I am thinking too.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Goku finally fights Superman for real! :lol:

I'm not gonna worry about that line too much. Goku might do something real big and long anticipated by the end of the movie but it could just as easily be something small like him kissing Chi Chi. Best to not set expectations too high.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm

I'll laugh if they wish the Saiyans back for any reason.
Suddenly Freeza becomes the most morally upstanding person in this universe.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'll laugh if they wish the Saiyans back for any reason.
Suddenly Freeza becomes the most morally upstanding person in this universe.
#Freezadidnothingwrong
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:12 pm

I really do think it's something as simple as Goku finally beating Broly. They already said Vegeta and Broly alone has many fights. Goku has had no internal struggles or motivations other than battle. I just find Goku finally accepting or doing something that was never really an issue to begin with outlandish. Sentimental Goku would be also contrary to Akira Toriyama's Goku.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Miracles wrote:I really do think it's something as simple as Goku finally beating Broly. They already said Vegeta and Broly alone has many fights. Goku has had no internal struggles or motivations other than battle. I just find Goku finally accepting or doing something that was never really an issue to begin with outlandish. Sentimental Goku would be also contrary to Akira Toriyama's Goku.
Goku's internal struggles and motivations are directly intertwined with the fight itself. Case in point: Battle of Gods. If he has an arc revolving around some aspect of battle, then I can buy the whole "finally" tease.

I swear if it's he "finally keeps his guard up" I'll be mad.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:39 pm

I wouldn't enjoy Goku recalling his infancy, I see no value in it. It has no merit to the character knowing his parents loved him, Grandpa Gohan is Goku's parent figure and that's it.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku finally fights Superman for real! :lol:

I'm not gonna worry about that line too much. Goku might do something real big and long anticipated by the end of the movie but it could just as easily be something small like him kissing Chi Chi. Best to not set expectations too high.
I seriously doubt that we’re ever going to see Goku share a kiss with anyone. Dragon Ball simply isn’t that kind of story, and when Toriyama tries to be sentimental, you end up with something like Minus. As far as the story is concerned, Goku having a wife was just an excuse for Gohan to exist.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Miracles wrote:I really do think it's something as simple as Goku finally beating Broly. They already said Vegeta and Broly alone has many fights. Goku has had no internal struggles or motivations other than battle. I just find Goku finally accepting or doing something that was never really an issue to begin with outlandish. Sentimental Goku would be also contrary to Akira Toriyama's Goku.
Goku's internal struggles and motivations are directly intertwined with the fight itself. Case in point: Battle of Gods. If he has an arc revolving around some aspect of battle, then I can buy the whole "finally" tease.

I swear if it's he "finally keeps his guard up" I'll be mad.
Yeah, although they could use that since Whis pointed out Goku being careless was a flaw of his. Also, it really was the only struggle highlighted for him to deal with.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Goku finally fights Superman for real! :lol:

I seriously doubt that we’re ever going to see Goku share a kiss with anyone. Dragon Ball simply isn’t that kind of story, and when Toriyama tries to be sentimental, you end up with something like Minus. As far as the story is concerned, Goku having a wife was just an excuse for Gohan to exist.
I can see the kiss itself being a gag in the movie. Like I'm half convinced including that imo awful joke in both the anime and manga for Super meant it was a setup for some kind of gag (and at the time I thought it'd get its payoff during the Gokû Black arc it appeared in). I thought there'd be a gag about the senzu kiss in the Gokû Black arc where somebody was going to have to give Gokû a senzu that way. It didn't happen and made the earlier joke feel pointless.

I'm still wary to actually bet on that though. I still think it won't be Gokû getting his first mouth kiss, but I can't 100% rule it out either.

A sentimental kiss? No way. But a gag type kiss? Yeah I can see them doing that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Is this new info? (I don't think that I have read this synopsis before)

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Well, Paragus and Broly both being stranded is kind of new, and while we were pretty sure Freeza was looking for Dragon Balls I don't think we had heard anything immediate about the number they'd collected (or where they'd got them from). It does make that shot in the first trailer of the ball falling into the abyss make sense, that's probably the last one. What exactly is Freeza going for, though? Immortality again? Godhood? We know he's shooting for Zeno's role on some grand scale, so...

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Is this new info? (I don't think that I have read this synopsis before)
It seems legit....

https://twitter.com/Kimalysong/status/1 ... 3592434688

So Freeza seems to be the mastermind and orchestrator of this event?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:31 pm

I know I've read people theorizing similar stuff like Freeza finding the stranded Paragas and Brolli, but this is the first I've heard about him stealing six of the dragon balls. I'd want to say it's new.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Freeza potentially remembered he wants immortality?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Wow. Freeza is far more involved than I thought. Goku and Vegeta going on a mission to recover stolen DBs explains why no one else is there.
ekrolo2 wrote:Freeza potentially remembered he wants immortality?
One of producers I think mentioned the plot point about him wanting to over throwing Zeno's so that definitely seems the first step.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Vegeta should be like 53 not 41

too bad for freeza, he doesn't know whis and beerus have something to deal with immortals and ones from the SDB at that

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:One of producers I think mentioned the plot point about him wanting to over throwing Zeno's so that definitely seems the first step.
The anime did allude to that. I suppose if you have to keep Freeza around, having him want to overthrow the Gods is a way to at least keep things somewhat interesting.