Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BrolySSJL » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:20 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: I don´t think it really matters much. Plus, trunk´s pupils were gone when he went ssj grade 3, so it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for broly to do the same.
That wasn’t Trunks’ regular Super Saiyan form and you know it. That argument is invalid. All i’m saying is that pupil-less eyes should only be meant for an absolute mindless state, and a regular Super Saiyan isn’t like that.
When goku went ssj 1 on namek he had no puplis for a moment so...

Saiyans just loose their pupils when they gain immense streght, ok. Vegeta even did it before he got super saiyan.

Vegeta have pupils in that scene, like Gohan here for example:

It's just a representation of rage for the anime, noting less nothing more.

And the Goku one... it's from the anime, not the manga. Filler.

SuperVirginGod

Post by SuperVirginGod » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:58 am

About movie's length
What if

And what are the chances of this movie being 150 minutes long?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 am

SuperVirginGod wrote:About movie's length
What if

Both aren't going to happen, although I'd love it to be 2 hours long.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 am

BrolySSJL wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: That wasn’t Trunks’ regular Super Saiyan form and you know it. That argument is invalid. All i’m saying is that pupil-less eyes should only be meant for an absolute mindless state, and a regular Super Saiyan isn’t like that.
When goku went ssj 1 on namek he had no puplis for a moment so...

Saiyans just loose their pupils when they gain immense streght, ok. Vegeta even did it before he got super saiyan.

Vegeta have pupils in that scene, like Gohan here for example:
It's just a representation of rage for the anime, noting less nothing more.

And the Goku one... it's from the anime, not the manga. Filler.
That is litteraly what I said. Pay attention

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:41 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:That is litteraly what I said. Pay attention
This is not an appropriate way to conduct yourself on this forum. Please review our community guidelines.
Grimlock wrote:There is no need to quote images and make the board barely readable. If you want to quote someone who posted images, please omit the images and/or put them in spoiler tag.
This is definitely a best-practice for keeping things readable. :thumbup:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:40 am

So what do you guys think of the Designs for broly´s multiple forms

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:So what do you guys think of the Designs for broly´s multiple forms
I'll have to see them animated before I can really conclude for sure if I like them or not.

BrandonR24
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrandonR24 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:57 am

What if

I would love a chance at it being super long. I hate that they are trimming so much of it. Possibly animate some of those for an extended home release like BOG?

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am

PFM18 wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:So what do you guys think of the Designs for broly´s multiple forms
I'll have to see them animated before I can really conclude for sure if I like them or not.
Based off the trailer, I think its gonna be visually stunning
BrandonR24 wrote:
What if

I would love a chance at it being super long. I hate that they are trimming so much of it. Possibly animate some of those for an extended home release like BOG?
If when super comes back they do a recap arc like BoG and RoF, then I´d expect what ever was cut to be put in there instead.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 am

According to that interview with Iyoku (I hope I spelled that right), they thought the initial treatment of the plot was too short so additional plot points were added which is what made it so long. I'd wager that the stuff getting trimmed for time is mostly from the new material they added in that second draft.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Oh, I really hope they don't retell this story in Super. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F were better in movie form, and the slight changes made for canon were not worth the viewing experience. If the movie even has any lasting effects than carry over to the show (which it might not), they can just have a flashback to briefly explain what happened, then move on with their original stories. Too much time in Super has already been wasted on retelling the stories of the movies. After that, we only got one original arc (Zamasu's arc), and two tournaments.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Oh, I really hope they don't retell this story in Super. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F were better in movie form, and the slight changes made for canon were not worth the viewing experience. If the movie even has any lasting effects than carry over to the show (which it might not), they can just have a flashback to briefly explain what happened, then move on with their original stories. Too much time in Super has already been wasted on retelling the stories of the movies. After that, we only got one original arc (Zamasu's arc), and two tournaments.
I hope they don´t do it, But lets be honest. They are probably gonna do it. Its gonna be a real detriment to the franchise if when super returns all its gonna be is a retelling of a movie everyone has most likely already seen. Its not gonna be the best way to re-introduce the show

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Oh, I really hope they don't retell this story in Super. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F were better in movie form, and the slight changes made for canon were not worth the viewing experience. If the movie even has any lasting effects than carry over to the show (which it might not), they can just have a flashback to briefly explain what happened, then move on with their original stories. Too much time in Super has already been wasted on retelling the stories of the movies. After that, we only got one original arc (Zamasu's arc), and two tournaments.
I hope they don´t do it, But lets be honest. They are probably gonna do it. Its gonna be a real detriment to the franchise if when super returns all its gonna be is a retelling of a movie everyone has most likely already seen. Its not gonna be the best way to re-introduce the show
really hope they dont edit too much

or for a laugh they add a vs paragus fight where he goes super saiyan 3 and turns into space gandalf

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:53 pm

Ok so I have a legit question about brolys design and what it means for the story. Is it just me or does it look like broly has fangs?

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:55 pm

No, it doesn’t look that way. We’ve seen concept art of LSS and there are no fangs.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok so I have a legit question about brolys design and what it means for the story. Is it just me or does it look like broly has fangs?
Interesting find. Maybe it's just that shot but it looks like fangs which could be used to symbolize him being some saiyan "demon".
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

kudo6000 wrote:No, it doesn’t look that way. We’ve seen concept art of LSS and there are no fangs.
Your agument is valid and its probrobly just an animation error, but you can´t deny that it looks like fangs man.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:No, it doesn’t look that way. We’ve seen concept art of LSS and there are no fangs.
Your agument is valid and its probrobly just an animation error, but you can´t deny that it looks like fangs man.
Honestly, the Saiyans having sharper than normal teeth in general is probably valid.

They seem to really love their meat, after all :P

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I think it's just shading? I mean it looks like it's just a combination of shading and line work as far as I can tell.

Then again it wouldnt be too out there given these are monkey people

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Ok so I have a legit question about brolys design and what it means for the story. Is it just me or does it look like broly has fangs?
Those are not fangs. Most of his teeth is simply blocked by shadow.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.