Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:38 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
I am very serious. I love big twists. Maybe Lemo is an abandoned hybrid in hiding until his youth is restored?
Putting aside the fact that they have different wristbands or whatever they're called, and they have different skin tone, this theory is so out there, it's never gonna happen in a milion years. We see a close up to the saiyan's eye enough to understand that he has a normal face
Slug's appearance and clothing changed quite a bit when his youth was restored. I don't see why that should mean anything.

I'm not exactly dying on this hill, but surely you can come up with better arguments than that.
Slug didn't became a totally different dude after he regained his youth. He just lost some wrinkles. Lemo, to become like the saiyan in the trailer should transform into a totally different species. His clothes aren't even the same. You're basing this theory off the fact that he has similair armor. It' s like saying at the first appearence of Frieza that he's a saiyan just because he wars the same armor that Raditz Nappa and Vegeta wore. Surely you can come up with a better theory than that.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Re: Fusions
This is how ridiculous it is, all this in the latter half of the year (with Oct/Nov/Dec gashapons yet tba):

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Any new characters not Jiren? Forget get when we can brand Gogeta under DBS! Vegeta's new form? Forget that when we can continue to release Vegetto Blue after a 7 min cameo 2 years ago.

Fusions will absolutely kill the marketing next year.
Either Gogeta is just that popular or its a tease for the movie. Thats my conclusion anyway. And yeah, it is kinda weird to have them advertising Gogeta of all characters under the DBS brand name. But then again, they also have SSJ4 Time Breaker Dark Dragon Ball Corrupted Broly from Dragon ball Heroes.
Bandai just love slapping the DBS logo everywhere.

It's really godamn annoying, but what this indicates is that DBS' success is down to the actual show since hardly anything from the show itself has been marketed, yet the DBS brand is so strong.

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:26 pm

With all this Gogeta talk.
I remember during BoG when Sheron told the story about how Yamoshi gained the SSG transformation, the saiyan he was showing looks very similar to Gogeta, complete with Vegeta's widows peak and a hair bang when seen from the side
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
Its possible they are bringing Gogeta back just to make some sort of parallel/flashback between the evil saiyan's fight against Yamoshi (assuming they actually fought before) and his fight against the fusion. Maybe something similiar to Kakashi vs Obito fight in Naruto

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 pm

I don’t think people should be getting their hopes up in regards to Gogeta being in this movie. He’s a Toei creation, and the only other time I can think of where a Toei character was incorporated into the series proper was with Bardock.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I hope there is no fusion to end things as I want something original and that means I don't want Ultra Instinct coming out of Goku's arse again and disappearing at the end.

These Frieza soldiers are going to be complete jokes and a new Pilaf gang.

The only thing I want to know now is how many henchmen will this Saiyan have? This is mainly so I can see some non Saiyans from Universe 7 fighting and also watch Frieza have some fun torturing some monkeys.
Well here’s an original, out-there theory: After all the good guys fail, for some reason, due to previous events in the movie, Yamoshi (either physically or in spirit) descends from the heavens and completely destroys the evil saiyans. He then exchanges words with the good guys and leaves.

If done right, with proper preparation, they could pull it off and not make it seem like a Deus ex machina.

It gives a deux ex machinfeeling like Trunks Spirit Sword. A little bit crazy, but i don't entirely dislike it. It depends how they'll do it. If MUI fails, that will be the only sollution if there is any, those evil saiyan(s) would be insanely strong in that case.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:08 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I don’t think people should be getting their hopes up in regards to Gogeta being in this movie. He’s a Toei creation, and the only other time I can think of where a Toei character was incorporated into the series proper was with Bardock.
Toei didn’t create Bardock, lol. Anyways, during a big interview a while back for the movie, the Chief of the Dragon Room said that Toriyama’s story includes a lot of fan-service. Herms, the translator, assumes he is talking about crowd-pleasing fan service and not “fan service” where they put emphasis on womens’ attractive areas (and Toriyama doesn’t seem like the type to do that kind of fan service but he can come off as a perve sometimes).

BOTTOM LINE: There will be fan-service. Gogeta is HUGE fanservice.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I don’t think people should be getting their hopes up in regards to Gogeta being in this movie. He’s a Toei creation, and the only other time I can think of where a Toei character was incorporated into the series proper was with Bardock.
Toei didn’t create Bardock, lol. Anyways, during a big interview a while back for the movie, the Chief of the Dragon Room said that Toriyama’s story includes a lot of fan-service. Herms, the translator, assumes he is talking about crowd-pleasing fan service and not “fan service” where they put emphasis on womens’ attractive areas (and Toriyama doesn’t seem like the type to do that kind of fan service but he can come off as a perve sometimes).

BOTTOM LINE: There will be fan-service. Gogeta is HUGE fanservice.
I know Toriyama had some involvement in Bardock’s final design, but I thought the character himself was a Toei creation?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:31 pm

I think Gogeta would be kind of a stretch. None of his appearances up until now have been canon, although that wouldn't necessarily stop them from making him canon like they did with Female Broly. But the bigger problem I have with the concept of Gogeta is that Vegeta never learned the fusion dance, and I don't see him practicing such a ridiculous looking dance, and especially not for the purpose of fusing with Kakarot. Fusion has always been a last resort for him, and he abhors doing it with his rival. The Potara Rings are effortless to use, so he could be pressured into using them, but the Fusion Dance would require much more effort than I could see him putting into it. Plus, Vegeta's pride wouldn't allow him to fuse unless he was fighting a fused villain, such as Super Buu or Merged Zamasu. It wouldn't be "fair." After all, he had the option to fuse with Goku during the Tournament of Power, after Kale and Caulifla opened up that can of worms, yet he chose not to because he wanted to defeat Jiren with his own power.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:10 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:I think Gogeta would be kind of a stretch. None of his appearances up until now have been canon, although that wouldn't necessarily stop them from making him canon like they did with Female Broly. But the bigger problem I have with the concept of Gogeta is that Vegeta never learned the fusion dance, and I don't see him practicing such a ridiculous looking dance, and especially not for the purpose of fusing with Kakarot. Fusion has always been a last resort for him, and he abhors doing it with his rival. The Potara Rings are effortless to use, so he could be pressured into using them, but the Fusion Dance would require much more effort than I could see him putting into it. Plus, Vegeta's pride wouldn't allow him to fuse unless he was fighting a fused villain, such as Super Buu or Merged Zamasu. It wouldn't be "fair." After all, he had the option to fuse with Goku during the Tournament of Power, after Kale and Caulifla opened up that can of worms, yet he chose not to because he wanted to defeat Jiren with his own power.
That whole “Vegeta never learned” thing isn’t really that good of a point now. By now, he’s seen Trunks and Goten fuse many times to the point where he knows the movements. And Vegeta doesn’t really matter. Its always Goku that initiantes the fusion by asking Vegeta.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 pm

I don't want to see Gogeta in this film. If the antagonist is really that powerful, then Goku should spend the movie learning how to tap into Ultra Instinct again rather than relying on fusion.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm

I agree. The fusions are boring to me; replacing individual characters I like with a flashy, more perfect but less interesting character (with the exception of Gotenks, Gotenks is a more entertaining Kid Trunks). Also, Ultra Instinct is still fresh and new; I'd rather have more of that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Vegetto didn't last beyond a minute, having Gogeta achieve anything worthwhile will be impossible..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Vegetto didn't last beyond a minute, having Gogeta achieve anything worthwhile will be impossible..
Yeah, that's something I hate about Super. It basically gimped Potara Fusion, making it only a slightly better alternative to Metamoran Fusion. Is there even any point to fusion any more? Maybe if they remained in base form or SS2, then they'd last long enough to fight to completion. But at that point, is it even an improvement? Which is stronger, SS2 Vegito or SSBKx10 Goku? Are they better off in their unfused states now? If Gogeta appears and lasts for more than two minutes in Blue form, I'm calling BS.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 pm

WittyUsername wrote:I know Toriyama had some involvement in Bardock’s final design, but I thought the character himself was a Toei creation?
The character of Bardock himself was described by Raditz way before the special came out so the idea of Goku's father looking like him was already set in the manga.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I don't want to see Gogeta in this film. If the antagonist is really that powerful, then Goku should spend the movie learning how to tap into Ultra Instinct again rather than relying on fusion.
If we're getting Gogeta then I think the reason will be because this new Saiyan is waaaaaay stronger than Jiren and he'll take down UI Goku and Possibly Vegeta early on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:00 am

sintzu wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:I know Toriyama had some involvement in Bardock’s final design, but I thought the character himself was a Toei creation?
The character of Bardock himself was described by Raditz way before the special came out so the idea of Goku's father looking like him was already set in the manga.
But there was no name, personality, or even a physical appearance attached to Goku’s father at the time. That was Toei.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:15 am

sintzu wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I don't want to see Gogeta in this film. If the antagonist is really that powerful, then Goku should spend the movie learning how to tap into Ultra Instinct again rather than relying on fusion.
If we're getting Gogeta then I think the reason will be because this new Saiyan is waaaaaay stronger than Jiren and he'll take down UI Goku and Possibly Vegeta early on.
I don't think this Saiyan will be as strong as some people think and Beerus and Jiren will be stronger would easily be able to beat him.

Gogeta will run out quickly and Ultra Instinct is where the power is and I doubt Golu will be abke to use it properly so Gogeta won't be able to either.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:20 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't think this Saiyan will be as strong as some people think and Beerus and Jiren will be stronger would easily be able to beat him.

Gogeta will run out quickly and Ultra Instinct is where the power is and I doubt Golu will be abke to use it properly so Gogeta won't be able to either.
Why would they bother with Gogeta if he's weaker than UI Goku ? I guess Goku won't be able to use UI but that seems to be a waste as fans are very excited to see where it goes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:50 am

There will be NO fusion in the upcoming movie. And certainly not a Gogeta! They are never going to use him because Potara’s are too convienent and offer far greater benefits than the fusion dance. Fans just want to believe Gogeta is going to be canonised but that’s never happening. Also, the reason why there’s no fusion happening in the new movie is thanks to Ultra Instinct. In fact, when Super returns, you shouldn’t expect Vegito to come back for the first couple of arcs, because Ultra Instinct is far greater and far more effective against threats than a SSJ Blue Vegito. There will be no need for it, Goku and Vegeta are going to “better themselves” first and that includes obtaining and mastering Ultra Instinct.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Vegetto didn't last beyond a minute, having Gogeta achieve anything worthwhile will be impossible..
Yeah, that's something I hate about Super. It basically gimped Potara Fusion, making it only a slightly better alternative to Metamoran Fusion. Is there even any point to fusion any more? Maybe if they remained in base form or SS2, then they'd last long enough to fight to completion. But at that point, is it even an improvement? Which is stronger, SS2 Vegito or SSBKx10 Goku? Are they better off in their unfused states now? If Gogeta appears and lasts for more than two minutes in Blue form, I'm calling BS.
If I had to choose a side on this, I would support this decision, it is effectively making fusions pointless, which is a good thing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:30 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:There will be NO fusion in the upcoming movie.
Now now, there are many new characters in the movie, and if it's also including universe 6 Saiyans, considering it's a movie about Saiyans, there's a high chance of kefla happening