Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Vegeta should be like 53 not 41

too bad for freeza, he doesn't know whis and beerus have something to deal with immortals and ones from the SDB at that
Yeah Vegeta should be MUCH older than 41 so that kinda pisses me off.

Also, isn't it standard for Saiyans to be sent off into space to remote planets? Why is Paragus so mad about it?

Looks like people complaining about the plot point of Freeza wanting to overthrow the gods being dropped are going to have to eat their words.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Miracles wrote:I really do think it's something as simple as Goku finally beating Broly. They already said Vegeta and Broly alone has many fights. Goku has had no internal struggles or motivations other than battle. I just find Goku finally accepting or doing something that was never really an issue to begin with outlandish. Sentimental Goku would be also contrary to Akira Toriyama's Goku.
When was it said that Vegeta and Broly have a lot of fights in the movie? I just remember that it was said that their fight would have a great sense of speed.

And according to Lemo's voice actor, the last scene of the movie is going to be something like '' Goku finally ... '', so I think it's going to be as simple as Goku defeating Broly at the end (or maybe it's Gogeta)

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:03 pm

PFM18 wrote:

too bad for freeza, he doesn't know whis and beerus have something to deal with immortals and ones from the SDB at that

Also, isn't it standard for Saiyans to be sent off into space to remote planets? Why is Paragus so mad about it?

Looks like people complaining about the plot point of Freeza wanting to overthrow the gods being dropped are going to have to eat their words.
It’s standard for babies with a low latent power/potential to be sent to remote planets. The implication from that sypnopsis seems to be that Broly was sent away regardless because of his potential being higher than that of the prince. And, well, I doubt Paragus would be happy about something like that

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Wouldn't you be mad that your own child gets taken away from you because your superior is jealous? Anyways only low battle power saiyans were sent through pods, so that may add fuel to the fire

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:10 pm

Ok so now we have 2 DB mysteries. Why was Bulma after the dragon balls and why is Freeza after them? Surely Freeza knows that the Earth dragon balls aren’t nearly powerful enough to making him the Omniking. Immortality seems like the more obvious answer and tbh, I’d be fine with him getting it. Db needs to do more unpredictable stuff. The whole T.o.P kinda wore me out since such a huge event had no lasting repercussions. I mean, 17’s wish SHOULD have brought back Universes 13 to 18 but lets not get into that now.

I still have no idea what Bulma would want with the dragon balls though
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:12 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Miracles wrote:I really do think it's something as simple as Goku finally beating Broly. They already said Vegeta and Broly alone has many fights. Goku has had no internal struggles or motivations other than battle. I just find Goku finally accepting or doing something that was never really an issue to begin with outlandish. Sentimental Goku would be also contrary to Akira Toriyama's Goku.
When was it said that Vegeta and Broly have a lot of fights in the movie? I just remember that it was said that their fight would have a great sense of speed.

And according to Lemo's voice actor, the last scene of the movie is going to be something like '' Goku finally ... '', so I think it's going to be as simple as Goku defeating Broly at the end (or maybe it's Gogeta)
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1 ... 0569759744
Last edited by Miracles on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Given how mini Goku has been aged slightly for the film, changing Vegeta's chronological (not physical mind you, time chamber and such) age from ~48 to ~41 isn't too huge a leap.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Goku should also be older than 41, since if gohan was 11 in the cell saga, Goku should have been 30, 7 years later buu saga, he was 37, he was 41 in battle of gods, 42 in rof then he went into the time chmaner for 3 years

and vegeta has been going in there much more times and.....

Yeah, I don't know how old these 2 are suppose to be anymore

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Miracles wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Don't know if serious?
It's because Herms translated the interview and I don't remember him mentioning that Vegeta and Broly had lots of fights. In fact, I remember just this tweet, and here he cites that the fight between the two has an incredible sense of speed

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1046193827789320192

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Wouldn't you be mad that your own child gets taken away from you because your superior is jealous? Anyways only low battle power saiyans were sent through pods, so that may add fuel to the fire
It is still standard practice for Saiyans to send their off-spring to another planet to massacre the planet and prime it for selling.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Miracles wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Don't know if serious?
It's because Herms translated the interview and I don't remember him mentioning that Vegeta and Broly had lots of fights. In fact, I remember just this tweet, and here he cites that the fight between the two has an incredible sense of speed

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1046193827789320192
Yeah, we got to take Herms word for it since he has official sources. Since they only talk about a battle between Vegeta and Broly.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm just imagining Freeza sneaking into Capsule Corp and tip-toeing his way through the building until he finds the Dragon Balls. Then he jumps outta a window and flies back to his ship.

I'm really happy that the Dragon Balls are actually involved in this story and aren't just used one time during a single scene like the last two films. So now we know that the reason why Goku and Vegeta are waiting at that snowy place is to stop Freeza from getting the 4 star ball.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Freeza trying for immortality again makes sense. He's been dead twice already, no way would he want to go back to hell a third time (insert DBZA free sundae joke here).

There are plenty of complaints to be had with Toriyama's writing, but his take on the Broly story already appears way more promising than the original, just by changing a few things around. Can we get him to do a remake of Wrath of the Dragon next but without the Dragon Fist nonsense? Proly not, but it's nice to imagine.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I'm just imagining Freeza sneaking into Capsule Corp and tip-toeing his way through the building until he finds the Dragon Balls. Then he jumps outta a window and flies back to his ship.

I'm really happy that the Dragon Balls are actually involved in this story and aren't just used one time during a single scene like the last two films. So now we know that the reason why Goku and Vegeta are waiting at that snowy place is to stop Freeza from getting the 4 star ball.
Yeap , if that’s the case , it’s a good thing the searching for the dragon balls is here . In the whole super they were all set to be used , except in Champa,s case , with no fight involved to get them ,just a bet to have them
Kataphrut wrote:There are plenty of complaints to be had with Toriyama's writing, but his take on the Broly story already appears way more promising than the original, just by changing a few things around. Can we get him to do a remake of Wrath of the Dragon next but without the Dragon Fist nonsense? Proly not, but it's nice to imagine.
It does appear more promising, right , but that’s the minimum they can do considering the circumstances..
Movies before B.o.G were airing aside of the main product and now they become the main product I.m.o
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:35 pm

If that synopsis is true I'm very happy. Freeza being used effectively is great and what I wanted after watching the first trailer.

A recurring Freeza (for a couple of times only, he has too die eventually) has a lot of potential to create interesting storylines. I would love if he escapes to another Universe at the end of this.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:19 pm

I bet Chelye is the one who steals the dragon balls from Bulma.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Goku finally ... remembers to wish King Kai back to life.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

I don't know dude it could be anything.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

So judging by the spoilers, it seems Broly is most likely not genetically modified like some of us thought.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:25 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I bet Chelye is the one who steals the dragon balls from Bulma.
Lemo has the typical thief binie , so my bet is on him with Chelye scouting him
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....